two

Fairytale

 

 

 

“You’re home Kyungie!” Byun Baekhyun, his self proclaimed best friend exclaimed as soon as he saw Kyungsoo approaching him.

 

Kyungsoo frowned as he heard his soft high-pitched voice. “Yes. I’m home.” He muttered as he eyed Baekhyun. “Now you, go home.” His voice turned cold as he sat on his sofa and rested his feet on the table in front of it. Right now, he wants to rest. And that would be impossible with him around since he’s such a chatterbox.

 

“Aww. Why so cold Kyung?” Baekhyun pouted.

 

Kyungsoo silently closed his eyes. “Just go home. Why’re you always here?” he asked as he suddenly sat up and turned to Baekhyun. For some reasons, this guy is always hanging out in his abode. And he clearly doesn’t want it. Really.

 

Baekhyun flashed him one of his famous smiles which melts every girl’s hearts but unfortunately it doesn’t work on him. It never will. Baekhyun showed him that he’s playing his newly bought gaming platform. The one which just came yesterday.

 

He haven’t used it yet and now Baek’s playing with it. Great.

 

“That’s mine! Why’re you using it?” Kyungsoo deeply frowned.

 

Baekhyun pouted. “I’m going to ask my mom to buy this for me tomorrow. I’m just testing it right now. You know, I just ..want to try it out.” He grinned sheepishly at him.

 

Kyungsoo turned off the game and placed it on the table then, he rested his back on the sofa. “I think you’ve already tested it well enough. Now, go.”

 

Baekhyun stealthily snatched and turned it on again like a stubborn kid he was. He then shifted a little closer to his best friend, ignoring his comments telling him to turn it off and all. “Is it Eunjoo again?”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t answer him. He’s not in the mood to talk about being rejected again.

 

“Why? What happened?” Baekhyun asked him. Kyungsoo just stayed silent, not wanting to give any details. There’s no way he’d tell Baekhyun about it. He’d start lecturing him again if he knew what happened.

 

“Let me guess.” Baekhyun mumbled as he tapped his chin lightly. “Did she reject you again?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo scowled at Baekhyun. For the nth time he was embarrassed of calling this guy his colleague. He can’t actually believe that he let this guy stick around to him for the last ten years. “Stop making that face. You look stupid.”

 

Baekhyun just ignored what he heard since he’s already used to Kyungsoo’s cold and rude attitude. He knows that he doesn’t really mean what he says. So instead of resonding, he just kept his focus on the ring. His forehead deeply creased as he intently stared at the ring in his palm. His squinting eyes were already threatening to disappear from the bottom of his face. “Are you sure that this ring is real?” Baekhyun asked, doubting the authenticity of the said ring.

 

“That ring is ten times greater than your mom’s share in our company.” Kyungsoo told him in an arrogant tone.

 

“It doesn’t look expensive to me at all.” Baekhyun honestly told him his opinion.

 

Kyungsoo snatched the ring away from him and carefully placed it back into it’s box. “What the hell’s wrong with you and Eunjoo? Why do you guys keep on telling me that this looks cheap? This ring is not cheap at all! For your information, it’s nowhere near cheap.”

 

Baekhyun innocently shrugged. “Okay let’s just say that it’s really expensive but still, she rejected you. Isn’t that more important?”

 

“Are you mocking me?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head with a slight grin. “Not really.”

 

“So what if she rejected me again? I’ll just go and buy a much more expensive ring and tell her to marry me again. It’s as simple as that.” Kyungsoo boasted off with a proud tone.

 

“That’s the reason why she always rejects you.”

 

Kyungsoo suddenly felt intrigued. He turned to Baekhyun with questioning eyes. “What …are you talking about?”

 

Baekhyun gladly tapped his chest with a smile. “Since I’m your best-est friend, I shall impart to you my knowledge and skills about dating and—“

 

“Shut it. Just tell me the important details. Stop telling me things that are unnecessary.”

 

Baekhyun frowned as he snorted at him. Do Kyungsoo is such a kill joy. “Fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“First, you should give her flowers. Girls really like those stuff you know?” Baekhyun told him as if he was an idiot.

 

“Flowers?” Kyungsoo chuckled while shaking his head. “I gave her the glass garden in Gangneung but she refused. That glass garden is the biggest one in Asia but still she said she doesn’t want it. She’s weird isn’t she?” he mumbled.

 

“You’re the weird one.” Baekhyun placed his palm on his forehead problematically. “A bouquet would be enough. Why do you have to give her the whole garden? What is she going to do with that huh? Are you even thinking?”

 

“Having a glass garden is 100 times better than a bouquet!” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “That way, she can have all the flowers, different types, different kinds, everything. There’s nothing else she would ask for. Isn’t that way better than a bouquet?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. Kyungsoo’s way of thinking is just.. at some point he couldn’t actually point out if he’s being stupid or genius.

 

“Try giving her chocolates.” Baekhyun still gave him some advices. Kyungsoo shook his head. “There’s too much sucrose in a bar of chocolate. That’s not healthy for the body. I don’t want Eunjoo to get sick because of me. So I can’t give her chocolates. Never.”

 

“Aish. Seriously.” Baekhyun mumbled while shaking his head. Kyungsoo’s really hopeless.

 

“What else? Tell me? What else should I do to make her like me?” Kyungsoo asked him. He was being serious bout this.

 

“Just why do you like her so much?” Baekhyun asked him. Since they were young, Kyungsoo has always been trying his best to win her heart. And his biggest question is ‘why’. He just couldn’t see anything special about that girl. So why was Kyungsoo trying his best to get her?

 

“It’s love. Not like.” Kyungsoo corrected him.

 

“Why her? She’s not that rich. Not that pretty and she hates you! There are so many girls out there who’s dying just to be with you and yet you still like that Shin Eunjoo. Aish. I don’t understand you.”

 

“Shut up. Shin Eunjoo is way better than your Taeyeon.” Baekhyun glared at him and tried his very best to defend his girl.

 

Kyungsoo simply ignored him and everything that he’s trying to say. Baekhyun was kind of right when he said that there are so many girls out there dying to be with him. Even Amanda Seyfried asked him out on a date once and he immediately declined because it was raining that time and he thought Eunjoo forgot to bring an umbrella so he personally handed her one. And she didn’t even say ‘thanks’

 

Kyungsoo gave it a thought. Why do I really love that girl? he thought in silence. She’s snappy with he’s around. She’s always glaring at him and pushing him away. Clearly she doesn’t even like him. Not even a bit.

 

So why am I so in love with her?

 

Why do I always feel nervous whenever she’s around that I can’t even construct my sentences right and end up saying the wrong things?

 

Why?

 

 

“I.. don’t know.” he finally spoke. “I really like it when she’s around. Even if she treats me badly, I’m okay with it. Eunjoo.. she’s… I just really love her. I don’t know why.” Kyungsoo stuttered trying to find the right words.

 

“Maybe that’s not love.” Baekhyun contradicted him.

 

“It’s love.”

 

“You don’t even know why you like her. How can that possibly be love?”

 

Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun with a serious look on his face.  “Isn’t love supposed to be something you can’t explain?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you guys heard GOT7’s A? I really like it. Especially the collapsedone remix one. :>

 

PS.

 

I’m not against Baek being with Taeng. Taeng’s my bias in SNSD. So yeah. But I don’t ship them even if they’re already a couple. Hehehe. BaeBi shipper here.