one

Fairytale

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Catch.” Kyungsoo mumbled quietly as he tossed a red velvet box to her.

 

Tossed. Yes. Kyungsoo tossed the box. They were just standing in front of each other and yet he couldn’t hand it over to her kindly.

 

He was afraid she might laugh at his trembling hands. He was nervous. Really nervous as a matter of fact.

 

Maybe this time she’ll answer differently. He thought as he stared at her with hope-filled eyes.

 

Standing before him was the prettiest girl in the whole wide world. And for the millionth time, he’s going to ask her the same question he asked when they first met.

 

Eunjoo barely caught the velvet box in time and she glared at him for being so rude. She have known Kyungsoo for years and she just couldn’t see any good side of him. “Can’t you give this to me ever so kindly?”

 

Kyungsoo just shrugged as he placed his hands inside his pockets. “Open it.” he commanded her as he pointed to the box using his lips.

 

Eunjoo gave the box back to him as she shook her head. “No. Thank you. Who knows it must be a frog or a cockroach in there.” she mumbled as she gazed at the wide eyed boy in front of him. A frown was painted on his face. He didn’t seem to be happy with her response.

 

“It’s not a frog! And definitely not a cockroach!” he exclaimed at her.

 

“I still have many things to do. Will you go now? Huh?” Eunjoo asked him as she was about to stand up but Kyungsoo held her arm and made her stay still.

 

With shaky hands, he quickly opened the box and showed her a ring inside. “This is the most expensive and beautiful ring in the whole Asia. I had it made by a famous French jeweler. And it was designed by Vera Wang. Do you know her? Huh?” Kyungsoo asked her, the tension rising in his voice.

 

Eunjoo barely shook her head. “No.”

 

“Well she’s the best designer in the world! And right now, she’s even making your wedding dress.”

 

Eunjoo gave him a look. She didn’t like where things are going.

 

“What I’m trying to say is, this ring is not the ring you’re thinking of. It’s very expensive and it’s made just for you!” Kyungsoo took the ring from the box and placed it close to her so she could see it directly.

 

“See this?" Kyungsoo asked her as he pointed to the details of the ring. "The details are very intricate right? This was made for 1000 days you know? And it has the prettiest diamonds ever. Even Angelina Jolie and Princess Kate will be very jealous of you because of this!” He exclaimed.

 

Eunjoo stared at the ring. No matter how she looked at it, to her it was just the same as those rings which were sold at the streets for a very low price. 

 

“This.” Kyungsoo said as he pointed to the ring. “This ring is the type of ring that all the girls in the world would go crazy for!”

 

Eunjoo snorted as she folded her arms in her chest. “So? What am I going to do with that ring that all girls are going to go crazy for?”

 

“Marry me.”

 

The tone in his voice changed as he stared at her longingly. Shin Eunjoo, just when will you say ‘yes’?

 

He had been asking her the same question ever since the first day they have met.

 

“I believe I already rejected you before didn’t I? Stop joking around. I have to go now.” Just like that, Eunjoo started to walk away from him. Kyungsoo placed the ring back to the velvet box and ran after her.

 

He just can’t let her go.

 

Not yesterday. Not today. Not tomorrow. Never.

 

“Eunjoo! Shin Eunjoo! Wait!” He was about to grab her arm but then, he realized that he couldn’t.

 

He shouldn’t.

 

Eunjoo hated his touch. Even if his hand just grazed over her skin, she’d hate it. She’d hate him even more. And he didn’t want that. He silently withdrew his hand as he sighed.

 

 As much as he wanted to touch her, to hug her, he knew just couldn’t. So Kyungsoo just ran faster and blocked her way to stop her from leaving.

 

She breathed deeply with her eyes tightly shut, trying her best to stay calm and collected. “Stop bothering me please. I’m not in the mood for your jokes today.” Eunjoo glared at him.

 

“But I’m not joking! I’m really asking you to marry me.” Every time that he asked her to marry him, she would always brush it off as a joke. And he just doesn’t know why. Do I look like a clown to you? Kyungsoo thought as he frowned.

 

“Well it didn’t sound like that.” Eunjoo told him as she rolled her eyes at him. “You didn’t ask me to. You’re commanding me to marry you. Just who do you think you are? Huh?”

 

This guy really has some loose screws in the head. Eunjoo thought as she shook her head in dissatisfaction. Just because he’s rich does he think that he can buy me too?

 

Kyungsoo straightened up and patted his upper right chest. “I’m Do Kyungsoo. The handsome second son of the famous chaebol who owns the Do Corporation. And I want you to marry me. So you should.” he said as he flashed her one if his rare smiles which was only meant for her and her alone.

 

Eunjoo sarcastically laughed at the most funniest joke she has ever heard in her entire life. This egghead just commanded her to marry him. “What makes you think that I’ll marry you?”

 

Kyungsoo’s left brow was slightly raised as he spoke. “Well I think you have to. Your mom’s shop is going bankrupt right?” he smirked.

 

Stupid. Don’t smirk. She’ll think you’re a jerk. he thought as he regretted what he just did earlier. This was one of the reasons why Eunjoo hates him.

 

She thinks that he’s an arrogant jerk. But he’s not. Kyungsoo’s just not good with expressing himself. He’s not good with words. And he always tends to look conceited as hell.

 

But he’s not.

 

In fact he’s always nervous when he’s around her that he can’t even think of what to say. And he always ends up saying the wrong things. Always.

 

He didn’t mean to sound like a hypocrite. To look like the bad guy here. But it was her mom who also wanted her for him. And he was very thankful for that. It was like her whole battalion was cheering for him on this battle.

 

Eunjoo’s fist curled into a ball of fury. Her knuckles were slowly turning white. She was okay with him poking fun at her. But it was definitely not okay if he drags her family in it.

 

“You need me. So you can just marry me then.” Kyungsoo told her and regretted it afterwards. He could have said it in a nicer way. Because of what he said, she'll just hate him even more.

 

“Even if my family becomes the poorest family in world, there’s no way I’d marry someone like you.” she said as she left. Talking to this guy really makes her head ache. She should’ve just ignored him, knowing that he’s just going to spout such nonsense.

 

Kyungsoo ran after her and still tried to persuade her. “Disney princesses marry their princes a day after they met. I’ve been by your side for nine years already. Nine ing years!” he exclaimed. “Now will you just marry me?”

 

Eunjoo stopped walking and turned back at him. “You should really stop watching princess themed Disney movies. You’re a guy you know. Man up Kyung.” she said as she smirked teasingly at him.

 

His cheeks slightly turned pink because of embarrassment. He was utterly humiliated when she pointed out that he was watching those movies. “I don’t watch them! I just know what’s going on since I’m smart! Who the hell would watch those sissy movies about girls singing and dancing and all?!”

 

“Oh. I really wonder who would.” Eunjoo sarcastically remarked at him.

 

Kyungsoo shut his eyes closed as he breathed deeply. And then, he faced her. “I don’t watch them okay? I don’t!”

 

“As you say so.” Eunjoo mumbled sarcastically. And it irked Kyungsoo even more. “I’ll go now. Don’t you dare follow me.” She warned him before finally leaving.

 

Kyungsoo deeply sighed as he watched her walk away, not able to do anything at all. “Eunjoo, just when will you finally come to like me?” he asked himself as he stared at the velvet box in his hand.

 

 

 

 

 

“Will that time even come?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

 

Hiiiii! *waves* How’s the first chapter? Hehehe. XD

I updated a lot earlier than planned because I’m excited for this one. :DDD

Thank you for reading guys. ^^

By the way, the song is AKMU's Give Love. It really fits the story. hehehe. <3