four

Fairytale

 

 

“YOU WHAT?!” Baekhyun shrieked loudly, his high pitched voice filling the four corners of the room. He turned to look at Kyungsoo as if he did something extremely wrong. And the thing is, he did.

 

He just lied to Eunjoo about him being her boyfriend.

 

But to Kyungsoo, he was being considerate for him to say that he was her boyfriend. He could easily tell her that he’s her husband and all but he didn’t do that.

 

Because ..that’d be too much. Right?

 

Kyungsoo silently sighed as he stared at the ground. “I told her that I’m her boyfriend.” He mumbled in a low voice. He knew Baekhyun would over react to this. Just why did he bother telling him? He was so excited about her waking up and so he went and told his best frind what happened. But the thing is, he accidentally told Baek that he lied to her.

 

“This is your most ed up idea ever.” Baekhyun shook his head in disappointment. He has always thought of Kyungsoo as an intelligent guy. But why did he do this? He’s just ruining things. “Go to her immediately and tell her the truth.”

 

Kyungsoo slowly shook his head, still refusing to look up and meet his eyes. “I can’t do that.”

 

“It’s not that you can’t. You won’t.”

 

As much as he hate to admit it, what Baekhyun just said was right. He won’t tell her the truth.

 

“This time…” Kyungsoo deeply breathed before continuing. “This time she might like me. Can you understand that? Eunjoo will finally see me in a different light! Isn’t that more important than anything else?” Kyungsoo asked him desperately.

 

When Eunjoo said that she couldn’t remember anything, Kyungsoo immediately thought that maybe it’s his chance to make things right. Maybe she really has to forget everything. Maybe their fates are really set up this way.

 

And maybe this time he’ll be with her.

 

And he can’t just set that aside. He can’t just throw it all away so easily. And so he made that decision to lie.

 

Yes. He’s fully aware that it’s wrong but what can he do when he loves her so much?

 

“You now that I love her right? I’ve been waiting for this for so long. Can’t you atleast support me?” Kyungsoo asked him. If he’s really his friend, at the very least shouldn’t he be there for him?

 

But of course someone like Baekhyun would never understand him. What would he expect of the guy who was always accepted by girls right? He would never understand him who, for all of his life was rejected by the girl he loves.

 

That’s right. What would Baekhyun know?

 

“What if one day, Eunjoo wakes up and then she already remembers everything? What will you do?”

 

It was a question which Kyungsoo didn’t want to hear. For he doesn’t know the answer to it. And without him realizing it, his fist had already landed to Baekhyun’s face. He had punched him. Because he’s being such an for ruining things.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunjoo carefully placed the flowers in her mother’s grave and tried to smile as she removed the dust and dirt which covers her mother’s tomb. It’s been months since her mother was buried. And today was the only time she could visit her.

 

“Mom, I’m sorry it took so long before I visited you. You’re not mad at me right?”

 

Eunjoo smiled again as she deeply breathed. “Don’t worry. Kyungsoo is here. He’ll take care of me. Right?” Eunjoo asked as he turned to Kyungsoo with a heartwarming smile.

 

Kyungsoo hesitantly smiled back.

 

He didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t used to this. The Eunjoo he knew never smiled at him. Never. So he has to be used to all of the changes now.

 

Because right now, in Eunjoo’s eye’s he’s not the same Kyungsoo anymore. And he’s very grateful for that.

 

Kyungsoo eyed her mother’s grave. And he remembered the countless times he'd visited Eunjoo in their house and whenever Eunjoo would tell him to get lost, her mother would fight for him saying that she was the one who invited Kyungsoo and all. And Eunjoo would just stomp her way to her room while murmuring to herself. And then her mother would apologize to him in her stead.

 

In shorter terms, her mother favored Kyungsoo. And before, when she was still alive, she's always asking him to take care of her. And now that she's gone, Kyungsoo will fulfill that promise.

 

“Aunt, I’m sorry I lied to her. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of Eunjoo just like how you wanted me to. I won’t hurt her. Ever.” 

 

Before finally looking away, he gave Eunjoo’s mother a bow as a sign of respect.

 

I hope you’ll understand me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This.” Kyungsoo started as he twisted the door knob open. “This will be your room.” He said as he turned to Eunjoo, carefully studying her expression.

 

Since he’d be taking care of her, he thought it’d be a lot better if she was within his reach. Somewhere closer to him. And that’d mean she needs to live with him. Or it could be the other way around. He needs her to be with him for him to live.

 

But the problem was, he wasn’t sure how to arrange a girl’s room. Heck, he didn’t even know her favorite color. So he told the maids to just decorate her room with pink. Since he knew that girls like pink. That’s the universal rule right? Girls equals to pink. Period.

 

But it didn’t seem like that in Eunjoo’s case.

 

Because ever since they got inside the room, Eunjoo is not saying anything. Not even a single word. She stood there standing but her eyes were roaming around the room.

 

Kyungsoo had a bad feeling about it. Maybe she didn’t like it. Aish. I should’ve had those guys from the interior company to fix her room  “Do you.. hate it? If you do, I’ll just call an interior company to redecorate your room---”

 

“What are you talking about? I love it!” Eunjoo exclaimed happily as she lurched forward to give him a hug. And at that time Kyungsoo realized the fact that Eunjoo smelled like strawberries. And her scent was enough to make him go dizzy. This was the closest he had been with her. For the nine years that he’d known her, this is probably the first time they hugged.

 

And he didn’t know how to react.

 

Before whenever he tried to get close to her, Eunjoo would always, always push him away, telling him to get lost. So he never really had a chance to hold her like this.

 

“Thank you, Kyungsoo.” She mumbled with outmost sincerity.

 

It feels weird. Strange. Odd. But there was this warm feeling which is slowly filling up his chest. 

 

“You’re welcome.” Kyungsoo curtly replied as he pulled away from her hug. He just couldn’t get used to it. As much as he wanted to hug her back, he couldn’t. He was afraid.

 

Even though it seemed impossible, he was afraid that she might just suddenly push him away like before.

 

Eunjoo stared at him in silence, a bit disappointed of what he did. Kyungsoo on the otherhand, was trying to come up with a great excuse before finally leaving her. He concluded that it’d be dangerous for him if he would stay there. Who knows what he might just think of doing?

 

“I’ll just go downstairs. I’ve got something to take care of. You should… go get some rest.” Kyungsoo told her before walking towards the door.

 

“Kyungsoo.” Eunjoo called him. He warily looked back at her, anxious of what she may say or do. “Y-yes?” he asked, his eyes kept on switching from her and to the floor. He just couldn't stare at her for too long.

 

Eunjoo watched as he tried to smile at her. Seeing his anxious expression on his face deeply troubled her. His actions were also one thing. It was like he was keeping away from her. Like he was avoiding her. Just like earlier, he quickly pulled away from her hug. Why?

 

“Why did you call me? Is there anything you want?” Kyungsoo asked her. His words sounded okay despite the fact that he was so nervous at that time.

 

She simply shook her head and just walked towards the fluffy bed and sat on it. Ignoring the tons of question which were slowly forming inside her head. “I’ll sleep now. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.” was his short reply. And after that he left. Just like that. No ‘I love you’, no goodnight kiss or whatsoever.

 

Nothing.

 

There was nothing like what those sweet couples on tv and movies do.

 

It was nothing like that.

 

 

 

 

Are we really like this before? Eunjoo wondered as she sighed. Why is Kyungsoo so cold to me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i'm back *__*

and i'm updating this first because.. i am kyungsoo-biased. huehue. this is one of my faves. yeah.

and i'll be updating the others this week.. or next...month? hehehe.

comments are really appreciated~ <3

 

 

hearteu.