Chapter 13 - The Misconception

Bangtan Academy - Psychics 101

Jimin glared Taehyung down like a predator as he raises his trident and prepares for the final blow...

Taehyung felt something taking over his mind and suddenly falls unconscious to the strong will. After a brief second, Taehyung wakes up and begins radiating a silver white light... his hair and eyes reflected the same colour as the wind around him began encircling the boy in a barrier which fended off Jimin.

"Jimin...", Taehyung called out.

"Lelanthos, you're the cause of this!", Jimin lunges forward but...

"Stop this... don't let the darkness envelop you anymore...", Taehyung sends a gust of wind and knocks the trident away. "Why can't you remember... the times we had...?", Taehyung walks over to Jungkook and places his lips on the younger's forehead... causing Jungkook's body to bask in the silver light... the wound closes up, not leaving any scars. Taehyung releases the kiss and raises his hand as an hourglass appears.

The sands of time will tell... the events that have taken place... and my demise...", Taehyung flips over the hourglass as the scenery around them zooms past them in a collage of colours till it stopped to the past in which Lelanthos wanted to tell.

8 years ago...

"Young master! Where are you going?!?!?!", a maid calls out as she chases after a child through what seemed to be endless rooms and halls. The refined structure served as a maze of sorts, if one were to get lost that is.. but finally the doors of Gyeongbokgung palace opens up to the outside world.
"Prince Jimin!!!", the maid called out one last time as she sees the prince flying away from the entrance. "Somebody stop him!"
The guards whipped a silver rope in the direction of the prince, snagging onto the child's legs firmly.
The prince was slowly being dragged back down to the ground, only to be met with a messy-haired maid.
"Young master! There is an important audience later, we need to get you ready.", explained the maid as she pulls the prince along by the hand.
"I just wanted to go outside for once... you promised!", exclaimed the pouting prince.
The maid stops and gets down to the prince's eye level, "After the audience, I promise you that I will play with you till the sky falls dark - Deal?", said the maid who stuck out her pinky to the boy.
Intertwining the maid and his own pinky, Prince Jimin responds in a subtle tone, "deal...".

Minutes later

The prince and his maid stepped into the audience chamber where the King and Queen smiled in waiting for the arrival of the young prince.

"Prince Jimin, I heard you were rather energetic about this audience?", the King raised a brow as he questioned the boy.
The prince looks away and takes his seat in the front aisle beside the other court officials.
"Since the prince is now present, we will now proceed to the main topic at hand. Send in the branch family.", ordered the King.
A couple with a child not much younger than the prince enters the chamber.
"Your highness!", greeted the family of three as they knelt in the middle of the room.
"You may rise.", the King smiled at the family. 
"This is our son, Jeon Jungkook.", said the man as he pushes the child forward.
"A dashing young fellow~", teased the King. Switching back to the prince, "Prince Jimin, Jungkook will be your messenger from this day forward. Don't bully the young fellow - understood?", said the King.

And so began the story of Jimin and Jungkook ~

The two were very awkward as nothing more then a 'Yes, No, Hello, Please, and Thank You,', were pretty much the only words they exchanged with each other. The trend continued on for 4 months till the prince took initiative to break this awkwardness apart.
 

The prince was practicing his calligraphy for refining his Boreas arts. He couldn't concentrate since he was eager to blurt out what he had been practicing since 3 days ago. Finding the courage, he puts down his brush and continued to question - "Jungkook, are you bored...?", to the younger.
"I beg your pardon, your highness...", Jungkook lowers his head a little.
"I asked if you are bored.", Jimin repeated again.
Jungkook didn't know how to reply except with a simple and honest, "yes...."
Jimin lets out a sigh of relief as the answer fit his hypothetical scenario perfectly; if Jungkook were to say no, he wouldn't know how to follow it up. 
"Good! From now on, we shall do everything together and I mean everything!", suggested the Prince as he pulled down the young messenger.
Jungkook looks at the maids present in the room with a confused expression but... he really had no choice if that was what the Prince desired.
The King was looking at the two through a mirror which projected the happenings. "Summon messenger Jungkook once the Prince is asleep.", ordered the King as the advisor heeded to the command.
"With faith and valor, my grace.", the advisor bowed and carries on the command with one of the eunuchs. 

That night...

The King and the messenger were situated in the garden gazebo.
"I see that you and the prince are finally getting along.", the King said as he takes a sip of the tea.
"Yes your highness...", Jungkook kept staring at the same imaginary dot on the table.
"I do hope you continue being friends with the prince since he's never had anybody around his age to play with.", the King smiled at the boy.
"Yes your highess...", repeating the monotone response as usual, Jungkook finally looks up at the King.
"That's a good boy.", he proceeds to patting the child on the head with a fatherly smile.

From that day forward~

The two literally did everything together including bath time - they were practically inseperable but... one thing that continued to be the same was... Jungkook's blank expression - no matter what he did, he kept the same expression. If he were to get hurt, he wouldn't even speak out. If he was happy, he wouldn't smile.


Jimin didn't mind at all but one night he questions the boy, "Jungkook, am I special to you?", turning to his side - he stares at the boy who laid beside him.
"We are brothers... so yes you are special to me.", Jungkook wore the same expression.
"Then why don't you smile?", Jimin muffles out as his eyes drooped down.
"I don't know how.", Jungkook replies back in response but... the prince was already sound asleep.

The next day came as the pair prepared for the arrival of their new boreas arts teacher.

"Hello, my name is Lelanthos - I'm your new boreas arts teacher ~ let's get along.", smiling at the two - the teacher stood there in preparation for a handshake.
Jimin inspected the teacher as his head only reached the teacher's neck. By the looks of it... he wasn't be that much older... but there was something about him that didn't seem to click. "Let's go, Jungkook.", Jimin grabs Jungkook by the hand and exits the room - leaving the teacher all by himself.
Lelanthos wasn't going to have his students run away on day 1 and teleports in front of the two kids.
"Shall we start the lesson?", Lelanthos questioned the two boys as his smile remains unchanged.
"Leave us alone!", Jimin flies into the air with Jungkook beside him.
Lelanthos teleports and appears in front of the two again.
"CAN YOU LEAVE US ALONE ALREADY?!?!??!?!", 
and with that... Jimin accidentally lets go of Jungkook... causing the messenger to fall.
Jungkook didn't exactly know how to control his flight magic yet and tries to pull up but failed to do so.

At that moment...

Lelanthos swoops down and catches the boy as his beautfiul white wings arched out elegantly before they land.
Jungkook stares in awe but still his face just wouldn't budge... to the emotion factor.
"JUNGKOOK! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?", the Prince rushes toward the two.
"I'm fine...", Jungkook for the first time...
"YOU'RE CRYING!!!", Jimin tugs on Lelanthos's shirt. "TAKE HIM TO THE PHYSICIAN!!! JUNGKOOK'S CRYING - HE'S BROKEN!!!"
Lelanthos couldn't help but chuckle at the order. "What's wrong with Jungkook crying? Doesn't that mean he isn't void of emotions?"
And with that... "Jungkook... you better cry more!!!"

The days came to pass and Lelanthos was indefinitely an important person in the two boys' lives. Everyday went by with a smile, in hopes that the peace will continue to reign in it's gentle nature...  

The prince had finally turned 16 - which meant the ritual for the full release of his Boreas Seal will take place... but... it was on that day...
The tragedy known as Walpurgis dawned over the palace... 
Nobody had foreseen that Jimin would have two divine beings residing in his ethereal self... One being Poseidon... the other being...
"Hades...", the High Priest's lips quivered as he slowly backed away from the Prince who stood in the middle of the audience chamber. The high priest tries to redo the seal but it was already too late...
The grand feast of the witches' night has begun as the gate of Hades open up... leading to the massacre of the palace residents...
The chaotic state of the palace turned into a nightmare that nobody wanted to remember... the nightmare known as the birth of a demon prince...
"JIMIN! WHERE ARE YOU?!??!?!", Jungkook cried as he flies over the corpse-filled courtyard. 

Finally...

"Jimin, we have to get out of here! The king and queen are both waiting at the gate! Hurry!", Jungkook grabs Jimin's hand but the prince did not budge.
"So you've come, Jungkook....", Jimin turns around to face Jungkook...
His face was stained with the blood of innocents as he held the trident of Poseidon. A smile defined as the darkening theme of insanity carried all the way to the prince's eyes of black and red.
Jungkook didn't want to believe that this was the same gentle prince he knew... but... this was the reality...
Unhesitantly, Jungkook quickly flies away in search of Lelanthos.
"... I'm alone again...", Jimin looks down and walks toward his seat...
"That's right... you only have me.", his shadow embraces Jimin in it's darkness... engulfing the prince into a state of eternal slumber as Jimin closes his eyes... accepting his fate... but...
A gust of wind breaks through the hold and separates the shadow from Jimin.
"You think it will be that easy, Medusa?", Lelanthos confronts the shadow alongside Jungkook.
"Lelanthos... you should know that this is the will of the heavens haha, I'm sure Zeus has agreed to this - the royal family shall suffer under the feast of the witches.", the shadow replied.
"Then why don't you release that boy and take over my body instead? Wouldn't the spiritual body of a divine being be more effective than a host?", Lelanthos takes off his spell rings and throws them onto the ground.
"Fine, here's the boy.", Medusa throws Jimin over to Lelanthos but...

"You're naive to think that hahaha.", Jimin chuckles as he opens his eyes and tries to strangle Lelanthos.
"Let him go!", Jungkook launches a torrent of water which separated Jimin from Lelanthos.
"Jungkook... we need to seal him.", Lelanthos looked over and receives a nod from Jungkook. He proceeds to binding Jimin with his silver wind and begins to chant as Jungkook joins in on the seal casting.

"Divine light of the stars... rain upon us with your radiance and show the world your beauty. Forever shall we obey and forever shall we believe... The fortitude and silence of the darkness shall no longer penetrate your light ever again. SHINE HEAVENS! BOREAS ART: SEAL OF PANDORA!"

Jimin wreathed in pain as the shadow gets pulled away from his body. This was a deadly seal in which the prince might not be able to survive... but if done right... medusa will be sealed away... it was a 10% chance that Lelanthos had to take.
"Hahahaha, even if I am sealed away - Hades will definitely return!", finally... the sealing process was a success but nobody can say for sure unless the prince is alright.
"JIMIN!!!!", Lelanthos and Jimin run to the prince.
"... I was afraid that I would be alone...", said Jimin as the tears break the dam and streams down Jimin's face.
"You won't be alone ever again... you are special to me... remember?", Jungkook hugs the prince and bit on his lower lip... thinking to himself that he wasn't strong enough.

Lelanthos froze there... he just couldn't shake off this nasty feeling from before. There it was, after looking at Jimin - he notices the right eye still carried the colour of black and red... straining in a pulsating vibe which vexxed Lelanthos greatly.

... orders from Zeus were set in place as Lelanthos reported the tragedy that had taken place... luckily the Royal family was left unharmed but thing is... this cannot be brushed aside as an accident... it was planned out all too well...

The decision of separating Jungkook and Jimin had been confirmed and dealt with, as they wanted Jimin to control his emotional state. Nobody knew when Hades will begin scheming again... they couldn't take any chances.

Jimin was put under surveillance and was to be ignored by everybody that could affect his emotions.
"Jungkook!", Jimin called out as he sees his messenger but...
"Sorry, I have duties to attend to.", Jungkook looks at Lelanthos and quickens their step.

This led to a life of solitude and loneliness for the prince... every time he called out for Jungkook - the boy just avoids him. He thinks to himself... thinks of the factor that could have resulted in this... and concluded on the person that could have caused this, "Lelanthos."

... It was around that time... Lelanthos was assigned a new post as a guardian deity. 

Marking the separation of the teacher and his two students...

And the beginning of... Lelanthos and Taehyung.

But... his days were short as Lelanthos became injured from his examination and lost his spiritual self...