" [[ teaser 03 :: ]]

debut :: || trainee applyfic ( story started! chapter five~ )

    " [[ teaser 03 :: ]]  

Today was the day. She was definitely going to come to get her book today.

Today.

That's what Byeong Ellington has been telling himself for the past week and a half. Surely the pretty girl who orders soy and will share with him a beautiful vegan future will come retrieve her book now. It was inevitable -- their shared fates, their eternities, their desti---

"Yah Ellington! Delivery!"

Ellington could feel himself cringe at the heavy voice that interrupted his thoughts. "Right away!"

Rushing out the door with the plastic bags hot on his tail, Ellington made a slight pause as a blonde-blue haired girl passed him by, scribbling rapidly into a book. She wasn't writing in Korean either.. In fact it looked more like..

"Music! You compose!"

Yuki blinked a bit as she was snapped out of her thoughts, turning and glaring a little at the plaid-wearing boy who had just yelled at her. "Yah, why are you so loud?" Ellington blinked a little but gave her a grin anyway. "Ah sorry sorry~ I just noticed you're writing music notes. You play an instrument or something? I play an acoustic guitar. Because acoustics are the finer sounds of life and flow through the air with majesty and--"

"I play electric guitar."

At this point Yuki was practically pouting. This weirdo with the glasses talked about as much as a very familiar carrot-lover. She wondered to herself if they were secretly related, but shook her head as Ellington grinned sheepishly at her. "Don't you have a job to do?"

"Well I do, but getting your name would certainly help me do it."

"Of course it would.. Hanasawa Yuki."

"Ah, beautiful. Byeong Ellington, nice to meet you Yuki-sshi!" And Ellington took a deep bow, smiling as he grinned and remained cultured for the musically inclined lady. "How old are you if you don't mind? I think you're older than me, I'll be twenty soon."

Yuki blinked a little. So this kid was younger than her too. "Ah, twenty-two, so yes. Anyway, I have food to order?"

"Of course! I recommend the special soy dish by the way. It tastes as though you've put the beauty that is the moon at it's fullest into your mouth and--" And Yuki couldn't help but be slightly creeped out at the sparkle that went through Ellington's eyes as he continued his metaphoric appraisal of this beloved soy dish. No.. just no, even carrots must taste better than that.

"Ellington, go deliver the order!! Get the hell out of the doorway!"

Both young adults jumped a little at the bellow of the chef, and without a missed beat, Yuki retreated into the interior of the restaurant while Ellington made a break for his bike. He clambered on quickly and released the brake. Before heading off though, he took a last glance up to check on the blonde-blue haired noona. She was looking at him, and still had her book in her hands, pages filled with music. "You should come back and show off the composition on Fridays! We do impromptu karaoke!"

For the first time, Yuki seemed to react positively at the shout from him. She blinked and her expression turned interested, and before Ellington left, she allowed him a small wave of approval, accompanied by a grin. Though she rolled her eyes when he nearly jumped off his bike in the shock and then waved back with both hands.

"ELLINGTON MOVE THAT BIKE."

And he was off, racing through the streets of Seoul before his angry boss could mark him down to be boiled and braised.

 

a/n :: Seriously, I wish it wasn't so hard to write teasers without mentioning Travis. At least he wasn't named this time? Anyway, featuring Yuki and Ellington, with mentions of Mabel and Travis. A little display of how they first meet in my head. This happens a few weeks before the story start, before anyone is recruited, and it's somehow still vague enough so that I could twist the plot if necessary. I'll be working on finishing reviews probably tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who's been sending in apps and keeping me company with comments! It's a bit busy now with my chemistry and stuff, but I definitely have this fic in mind all the time! I can't wait to start~ Good luck to everyone, Kae out!

layout by shirouen