" [[ teaser 02 :: ]]

debut :: || trainee applyfic ( story started! chapter five~ )

    " [[ teaser 02 :: ]]  

Jungbae didn't like it much when the weather lied.

Today was supposed to be around 70 degrees, with minimal clouds and a hot sun glaring down that made SPF lotion that much more desirable.

Today was rainy, barely 50 degrees, probably 55 at best, with gray everywhere that made the umbrella market suddenly empty out. Jungbae in the meanwhile, was on coffee run number 156 (or was it 158? He lost count twice already), and umbrella-less. He was also Patricia-less, which made the situation that much sadder. His usually loud, cheery girlfriend had a concert in the south, somewhere near Busan he had last heard, and there was no way he could get out of that many practices to attend, as much as he wanted to.

So instead, Jungbae was conveniently stranded in a coffee shop at about 7am in the morning, with four steamy cups of coffee slowly cooling. He had seated himself outside, underneath the canopy which protected him from the rain, and was currently staring out into the wetness, probably contemplating something important.

Like why he was out getting coffee for his fellow trainees when he needed to practice for his dance exam this weekend. He sighed a little, and lowered his head, looking around a little timidly. He wondered to himself if it would be smart to just go out and get drenched on the five minute walk back to the dance studio, but decided against it. He could practice later -- getting sick from cold wouldn't do him any good either. Vaguely, he heard someone yelling in the distance and ducked a little deeper into his jacket. Laughter filled the air, and someone familiar streaked by with an umbrella over his head.

"TRAVIS YOU ARE DEAD. DEAD YOU HEAR?"

"You needed to wash your hair for the dye today anyway Yu-chaaan~!!"

And the sound of anger slowly died into the distance as he looked up just slightly, and saw the familiar brunette running for his life from a very angry blonde-blue haired noona. Jungbae contemplated calling after Travis; they did know each other since they were both trainees, and the other had an umbrella.

Then he realized he would have to shout, and possibly deal with a very angry Japanese lady he didn't know at all. Yeah no, waiting under the canopy sounded like a much smarter idea.

Casually lifting his own cup of coffee and sugar to his lips, the shy male sipped lightly and sighed, brushing a hand up to part his bangs. Perhaps someone would notice he was gone. Or at least notice no one had come back with coffee yet. Or maybe that was just Jungbae hoping for too much because he wanted out of the rain. Since when did South Korean weather decide to borrow from England anyway? He could've sworn this weather only plagued him in Bristol.

"So I saw this purple satchel, and I thought it'd go well with that pair of jeans from last week. What do you think?"

"Purple again? What's with you and purple? Every time I come over your room is a mess and there's always purple shirts everywhere! You need to keep your room cleaner, and stop buying so many purple things. People are going to think you're a purple freak or something."

"Hey, purple's my favourite colour."

"That's no excuse! You should expand your style. And keep your room clean."

"Because you, Kyungsoon, totally keep your room clean. Besides, the mess is all Sungyeol's fault, he throws things everywhere."

Jungbae ducked again into his jacket, almost cringing when the arguing voices came closer. Why were so many familiar strangers showing up today?

"Ah, Im Jungbae? Is that you?"

The shy male looked up a little and simply nodded, bowing his head to his elders quickly. Ever since SM had bought out Woolim, this pair had come up as news around the other trainees. Since Hoya had already debuted, there was always a stir whenever he'd drop by to see his old friend Kyungsoon. Kyungsoon herself, was well known for being a naggy mother trainee, but she had her friends. Including Hoya, who was looking at him a little funny. Probably because his neck and half his face was missing under his jacket, and he probably looked that much more awkward because of it.

"Oh, Hoya-oppa, this is Jungbae. He's from SM, but since we merged, we've practiced together. What are you doing here anyway, aren't you cold?"

Kyungsoon looked at the younger male with genuine worry in her eyes, her brows cinching together as she observed him. She was one of the few people who noticed him -- after all she noticed just about anybody. Especially people who got unnoticed.

"I.. I was just.. Coffee." God how he hated that stutter of his. Could he help being nervous though, speaking in front of an idol who already debuted, and was plenty older than him?

Luckily though, it seemed like his message got through to the motherly girl. She looked on toward the coffee and blinked a few times before smiling. "Oh let us help you with that! We were just headed back to the studio anyway, Hoya-oppa here is gonna demonstrate some stuff he's been working on for INFINITE's comeback."

Well that took a turn for the better. As much as he didn't want to impose, getting back to work on his dancing and finishing his coffee run sounded a lot smarter than standing under a canopy, hiding from the rain. His elders flashed him smiles, before Kyungsoon took Jungbae by the arm, tugging him beneath the large.. purple.. umbrella. In the process, Jungbae barely caught himself from spilling the beverages he had picked up just then. Beverages he really shouldn't have had to get.

"Ah, sorry!"

Jungbae quickly shook his head and looked away. He swallowed a little before reaching up and running his fingers against his nose, and then pointed them in the direction of the studio. A smile lit Kyungsoon's face, and she nodded before pointing forward just the same.

"Let's go! Umbrella ahead!" Both males gave the motherly girl an odd look at that. 

In the end, the umbrella trio made it safely back to the dance studio, with no one drenched past their shoes. Coffee run 157 (161?) complete.

 

a/n :: Another cute short, featuring more of my applicants. This happens before anyone decides to quit, probably at least a half year before the prologue, if not more. Mostly Kyungsoon and Jungbae here, but Yuki and Travis make a cameo~ I apologize if I seem to be chucking Travis into these a lot -- it's still kinda hard to make these with no officially chosen characters x ux. I'll try to think of something that doesn't feature Travis in anyway.

Also, apologizing ahead of time if I butchered anyone's character already xux I reread the apps several times, so hopefully I came up with something good! Thank you to everyone who applied so far, and I hope to see more apps in so I can get this story started officially!

layout by shirouen