" [[ omake two || the sponsor :: ]]

debut :: || trainee applyfic ( story started! chapter five~ )


    " [[ the sponsor :: ]]
  

"Mudae? Aish have you been listening to me at all?"

"Ah? Oh, sorry about that Hyunwoo. What was it you were trying to say?" Hyunwoo sighed and pouted at his best friend, pushing him a little.

"You know if you're not going to be listening, why bother asking about my day?"

Mudae gave Hyunwoo an apologetic smile, but sighed, before nodding his head in the direction of a certain dancer in the park, gathering quite the crowd. "It's a little distracting. He's been around here for the past week or so, doing things like that."

Hyunwoo blinked in surprise, but took notice of the redhead, who was definitely making a ruckus, but the look on his face spelled out easily that he was enjoying himself and the attention. "The last time, there was a girl playing the electric guitar too, and then another kid with an acoustic one the day before that." Hyunwoo gave Mudae a slightly irritated look anyway.

"What's with the sudden interest? They're probably just kids who're making a little extra cash performing."

And Mudae could only shrug, watching as the redhead finished, gasping for breath, but waving at the kids who were cheering him on. An older looking male approached from the crowd, and even admist the noises of the murmuring throng of people, Mudae heard a very distinct voice.

"Taejun-hyung! I didn't know you were watching! How was my dancing huh?"

The two seemed to chat for a moment, before said 'Taejun-hyung' began to dance, and to everyone's surprise, even better than the redhead had, pulling out moves from a familiar performance that Mudae had watched just a little while back with starry eyed wonder. In the end, the two best friends had their eyes captured. In a last minute decision, Hyunwoo suddenly stood and dragged the more hesitant to engage Mudae over to the crowd.

They stood toward the back, and watched with slight awe as the redhead joined in with the dark haired male in a dance, and the two performed to one of EXO's teasers, though neither Mudae nor Hyunwoo knew which one. All they knew was that it was quite impressive to say the least, despite the gap in skill level between the two.

When they were finished, a small applause was offered to them, and the redhead grinned without holding back any, while Taejun stepped back and smiled politely, bowing.

"Hey everyone! So I'm Bae Taekryong, or better known as just Travis, and this is my hyung Taejun-hyung! Thanks for watching, it's been a blast! If any of you happen to be interested, please support us! Taejun-hyung is an SM trainee, and I'm part of Project Debut, a new indie group. Keep your eyes and ears open for us!"

'Travis' began to wave both his hands, people in the crowd looking confused, while Taejun behind him rolled his eyes. As the crowd dispersed, Mudae could make out the barest bits of their conversation.

"You still live in a hostel. Exactly how are you 'doing well'?"

"We already have a third member, and he's a former trainee too! Not only that but we have a potential fourth, noona's working on it."

"Are you letting these people know what they're getting into?" Taejun gave the redhead a skeptical look, sighing and rubbing his face. The plan sounded more and more ridiculous, yet at the same time it sounded more and more tempting each time Travis brought it up. He knew Travis was completely serious about going through with the plan, and it wasn't like indie groups nowadays didn't make it, it just.. wasn't common.

"We'll find a place to stay soon enough, I swear." The determined look on Travis' face was anything but joking. As much as Taejun felt like renouncing the plan again, he couldn't deny the fact that those eyes had more gusto than he did. He was wavering; a feeling that disgusted him and made him cringe thinking about his doubts in himself and his future. All thanks to this weird kid.

"Perhaps I could be of help. Hey there." Travis blinked and looked up as a certain voice he'd heard many times in the movies he binge watched. "My name's--"

"Chung Mudae!" And the younger male rudely pointed at the Hallyu star who was slightly taken aback. "Woah, cool! Were you watching? How was my dancing? And woah, it's Lee Hyunwoo too!  You acted with my sunbae-nims!" Like a little fanboy, the formerly serious young man was now hopping up and down excitedly, grinning at the two actors who stood with semi-dumbstruck expressions.

"Ah, well it's nice to know we don't need introductions then." Mudae gave a charismatic smile, while Taejun also smiled and grabbed Travis by the collar, forcing him to bow to their sunbaes.

"Pleasure's ours, to make your acquaintances. I'm Kim Taejun." Mudae gave a nod of the head with Hyunwoo as Taejun chose to properly introduce himself anyway, while Travis flailed his arms and pried himself away from the strong grip of his hyung.

"Well, as I was saying, maybe I could help you with your predicament." Travis blinked in surprise, staring a little at the actor. Hyunwoo behind him was also looking slightly confused, but he shrugged, knowing Mudae worked at his own pace. "My elder sister is actually moving out of her apartment in Seoul, since she's recently gotten married. She hasn't sold the living area yet, and while I doubt it'd be affordable normally, I think my family would be interested in your group."

Taejun would've sworn Travis was about to kiss Mudae's feet. "Hyung. Hyung can you like, punch me right here?" Travis pointed adamantly at his cheek. "I need to make sure I'm not dreaming."

Mudae and Hyunwoo broke out into laughter at the dumbfounded expression on Taejun's face. "I'm not kidding," the actor murmured, smiling at the two boys before him. "My family's sponsored people before, though most of them models or businesses. We don't actually help much with getting you out there, we're just a financial backbone. It's more of a charity? I'm not quite sure how you'd like that considering pride and all, but the offer stands."

Travis could've died. In fact he was pretty sure he turned slightly purple from lack of air. Taejun briskly patted him on the back to get the younger male to cough and sputter. "If you're interested, I can give you my manager's number, and you can call me back when you make your decision. I'll tell him about--"

"We'll do it!" Mudae blinked in surprise again, and watched as Taejun smacked the young adult, and seemed to grumble and scold him for interrupting. The actor bit his lower lip, holding back laughter, before smiling.

"Well that settles something. I actually have some plans to finish today, so our discussion has to be cut short, but we'll chat soon. Bae Taekryong was it?"

"Or Travis Beck." The redhead nodded with a grin a mile wide on his face, and Mudae pulled out his phone, exchanging his manager's number with the feverishly excited young man, while Taejun watched with this sort of awe.

"Thank you thank you thank you--" Mudae smiled again at the excited young male, waving as he nodded to Hyunwoo and the two made their way away from the scene. Hyunwoo looked over to his best friend, raising a brow slightly but smiling.

"So what's with the generosity to a complete stranger?"

"He had a lot of potential and passion. They're the same eyes we had as kids, working toward our dreams." Hyunwoo shook his head but laughed, swinging an arm around Mudae's shoulder and grinning widely up at him.

"I think you're just trying to show off in front of me, aren't you? Narcisisst." And Mudae gave the younger actor an elbow to the side, running off as Hyunwoo chased him.

 

a/n :: So yea, I give up on predicting whenever I'm going to actually update cause apparently inspiration is a female dog and wants me to work on my other fanfic more than a stage kiss : : . I'm not abandoning this -- hell no. I abhor applyfics that don't get finished or even started, and I'm dead set on not becoming a hypocrite, so there will definitely be updates, just more sporadic ones. I don't plan to start any long fics until I get this done, or at least toward when the action really gets rolling, and I finish MTASK, so no worries there. I'd like to sincerely apologise and thank all you who wait for updates and send me encouraging comments and messages ; ^; I'm so unworthy, but it warms my heart.

So babbling aside, this is my crap explanation for the team having an apartment in Seoul, with little features of my chosens. This is technically a legit chapter, but I originally stated it'd be an omake, so I'm keeping it like that. This'll probably be one of the only chapters with a Mudae focus. Thank you all again for being patient, and I hope you'll look forward to future updates! Kae out~

layout and chapter graphic by shirouen