" [[ chapter one || project debut :: ]]

debut :: || trainee applyfic ( story started! chapter five~ )


    " [[ anneong haseyo :: ]]
 

"Hey, are you almost done yet?"

"Yea, aren't you finished yet? This is exciting! Hurry up!"

"I'm working as fast as I can, oppa, unnie!" The young artist pouted up at the two who were looming over her shoulder at the graphics. "I told you my specialty is traditional art, not digital. This is difficult for me."

"Travis, Yuki, stop bothering her already." The two looked up with matching 'oh-come-on' faces, and Yuki draped an arm over Travis' shoulders as they were scolded by their eldest member. "We're just excited! I mean this makes it official. Like we're an actual group, not just a bunch of quitters like all those journalists and other people claim." Yuki exclaimed, throwing up her free arm while Travis walked them to the couch and fell onto it, taking Yuki down with him since she was still halfway on his shoulder. He looked up at the quiet boy who had been observing the progress from afar, grinning up at him.

"Yuki-chan's right! And I bet Jungbae here agrees with us, right Jungbae?" And the orange-headed male proceeded to poke at the quiet one's arm, while Jihyun scowled at him. "Leave him alone too! Aish, Taejun come here and help me take care of the brats!"

"Are carrot-kid and snow-girl causing trouble again?"

"We're not causing trouble, I'm just trying to get Jungbae to tell us what he thinks about our new site!"

"Yah! Taejun, when did you start calling me that? I'm your noona!"

"Correction, we are both '92 liners. Jinchi-noona is the only person I have to address like that."

"I'm still older than you by four months." And the two went on bickering from there, while Jungbae proceeded to try and scooch as far away from Travis as possible, who was partially stuck under Yuki, and thus could not follow to try and invade his little bubble. By then, Jihyun had proceeded to slap herself on the forehead, sighing at the situation before her. Being the eldest, and thusly the un-elected leader of the group of misfits was definitely going to fry her last nerves, if she still had them.

"Dinner is served~!" Almost instantaneously, Travis and Yuki lept off the couch, followed by an excited Jaehwa who had left the computer to rush to the door and help practically topple the two walking in with Chinese take out.

"Yah! You remembered the kimchi right?!" Jihyun's shout was drowned out by laughter and another female voice shouting at the 'kids'. "Aish settle down already! The food isn't going to run out of the bag! Hey! Oppa get back here with that! Travis-oppa!!"

Said mischievous boy had made off with one of the bags, from which he could distinctly tell (somehow) had his favourite lo mein noodles. He quickly tossed aside the soy dish that was obviously for the delivery boy still at the door and grinned as he retrieved his precious noodles, only to be kicked in the back by an irritated Kyungsoon. "What did I just say Travis-oppa?"

"Ahh, sorry umma~" He teased, grinning up at the girl who grabbed the bag and started to unpack it, simultaneously lecturing Travis and laying out the Chinese food while Ellington ran over and retrieved his precious soy dish that had been rudely ejected from the bag. "Oh thank the heavens it's undamaged! Hyung, you have to be more careful this dish is practically sacred and very delicate and it's my only solace in our apartment! Can't you imagine all my hardships in tolerating all of you defiling your loins with such grotesque edibles--"

At some point during the dual-lecture that Travis was getting, Jungbae made his way over to help Kyungsoon unpack, since she was also busy scolding and thus paid only half attention to the paper bag. He pulled out a small carton of kimchi, and gently handed it over to Jihyun, who took it with a slight scoff, rolling her eyes at the quiet boy who simply sighed and ducked his face halfway into his sweater, knowing the older female was clearly still annoyed with him. How could he help being quiet though? He got a pat on the back from Kyungsoon, who smiled at him and handed him his meal.

"Hey, where's my pepper steak?" The whine came from behind, from Jaehwa who was carrying one of the bags that Ellington had handed off to her while he was hastily trying to save his precious tofu. The youngest set down the bag and rustled through the cartons, while Taejun and Jihyun had come back with paper plates and utensils from the kitchen. The two shared a silent moment watching the chaos that was the children and their food, before Taejun spoke up.

"Just get all the boxes out and open everything!" And the kids (mostly Ellington, Jungbae and Kyungsoon), immediately began their given task. It took about ten minutes for everyone to actually get settled and for dinner to start. Travis was busy picking all of the carrots out of Yuki's fried rice, and Jungbae had retreated to the couch again to try to eat in peace, since most everyone else was currently sprawled out on the floor. Jaehwa had found her steak, and had situated herself back infront of the laptop she previously worked on, happily nibbling and working at the same time, while Jihyun was spooning kimchi on top of her rice like it was nobody's business. Ellington had somehow managed to situate himself beside Jungbae, and was rambling about how the quiet one should try his absolutely fantastic meal, while Kyungsoon laughed at the boys on the couch beside Taejun, who was observing the food and already making up a new way of making it better in his head.

And this was the project debut family, as they endearingly referred to themselves. A band of former trainees, part-time musicians, and aspiring idols.

A group of young adults battling society itself for a chance for the stage.

"Finished!" And noodles nearly went flying (thank god for Taejun's good reflexes) as Travis bolted to the computer and almost attacked their maknae in joy, laughing as he grinned widely at the screen. "Yes. Yes this is it! This is project Debut!"

And the other six dreamers came up behind the laptop, some blinking curiously, some cheering, grinning, and high fives being exchanged, congratulations going around as Jaehwa giggled and clicked submit on the fresh new blog.

This was project Debut.



June 15th, 2014
20:16:57 KST

01. Project Debut || Our Introduction Blogpost

Annyeong haseyo! Jaehwa of project Debut here! Today's a special day for the eight of us in the dormitory. As all of you may or may not know, there's been the rumour lately of a group of former trainees who are trying to make it big without a company behind their backs. Well unstuff your ears, because rumour-time is over. We're real, and we're not trying to make it big, we're going to make it big. I have the greatest honour of revealing to you the eight dreamers of project Debut! Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for the ride, because we're taking everyone to the stage. Hwaiting, my unnies and oppas! Let's do this!

"I want to stand on a stage one day and hear a stadium full of people chanting my name. If I hear that, I know I've succeeded." --Kim Jihyun [[ Jiri ]]

"Dreams don't work unless you do." --Hanasawa Yuki [[ Yu ]]
"Do whatever it takes, because you can't rewind a moment in this life." --Kim Taejun [[ Hikaru ]]

"When you really want something, stride toward it like there's no tomorrow. Reach out and take what belongs to you." --Bae Taekryong [[ Travis ]]
"Fall down if you must, as long as you get back up and keep working." --Byung Kyungsoon [[ Soon ]]
"I will work hard, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure in saying true things ... I promise to work hard even after I succeed." --Byeon Kyeongin [[ Ellington ]]
"No matter what happens, never lose hope. It's the only thing you've got." --Im Jungbae [[ Arthur ]]

"If you can dream it, you can do it." --Kang Jaehwa [[ Jaehwa ]]

Project Debut :: Believing in something better than just a dream.

 

 

a/n :: Congratulations to the chosen applicants!! This is in fact, chapter one of the story, and everything is now official~ It's been quite the ordeal deciding and finalizing my ideas, but I think this group dynamic suits the plot well and gives me a lot to work with. For those who weren't chosen, if you don't unsubscribe or delete your applications, I will try my very best to include your characters as side characters like Mudae. If anyone wants their individual graphic of their character, feel free to comment or PM me, and I'll send you the link to the PNG :3 I hope everyone likes them~ I thought it'd be a cute little thing to add to the story.

Onto a note for the chapter itself -- this is a "flash forward" chapter. Future chapters will actually take place before the events of this chapter. I'll be introducing members one by one and how they meet the group and how they join and move into the apartment, before the whole project falls into place, and then we come back to this point in the timeline. For now though, enjoy a mish-mash of all the chosens starting their own little blog for their endeavor. Thank you everyone for your continued support, and I'll do my best to make this a fun and exciting story! Please keep commenting and feel free to throw in ideas and suggestions, and criticism. I wouldn't bite my readers tee hee. Look forward to the next update! Kae out~!

layout and graphics by shirouen