" [[ chapter two || the ring leader :: ]]

debut :: || trainee applyfic ( story started! chapter five~ )


    " [[ the ring leader :: ]]
 

"I hope you know I think you're insane." Yuki sighed as she rolled over onto her stomach, glaring irritably at the phone she had just put on speaker. 

"Bat insane I may be, but it's not that unreasonable an idea is it now?"

"Watch your mouth, you should be glad I'm not there to slap it." And she heard laughter on the other end of the phone, while she rolled her eyes and began to pick at the skin around her nails.

"Come on now, I know you've been considering quitting too. Why not just tell it to me straight? It's a good idea." The blonde-blue haired girl scoffed, and rolled her eyes again, despite the fact that she knew the male on the other end of the phone couldn't see the gesture of annoyance. It wasn't like he was wrong though; she had been considering quitting for the longest while now. After countless times of being told her image was wrong and being judged for being half-Japanese, she was walking a very thin line between beating the CEO with her guitar or bearing with the emotional torture that was continuing being a trainee. It was sickening, exhausting, and seriously when did music become a pain in the arse? That's just not right.

"Yah noona, any time now. You know I only have 300 minutes a month to talk."

"Then text me. You've got unlimited messaging. Or you know what, why don't you just come over? You live next door, idiot."

"That would require me to put in the effort of getting out of bed! I'm tiiirred. I just got home after being disappointed and you're telling me to walk the 10 meters to your door?! How much crueler can you be to your precious dongsaenggie?" Yuki was sure if she rolled her eyes even one more time they would fall out of their sockets, so instead, she opted for blowing into the phone and snickering when Travis let out a painful yell that she could hear from this side of the wall.

The next thing she knew, there was arguing between three other familiar voices, both behind the wall and from the phone, and an exasperated sound that had to be her carrot-loving dongsaeng. He always did put the sound on that phone too loud. She snickered lightly, and shifted in her bed to press her ear against the wall.

"Ow ow ... okay I'll ... fudging noona ... moving ... lazy --"

As Yuki pulled away from the wall, she laughed and shook out her blonde and blue strands of hair, pulling them back into pigtails. She laid back on the bed and counted slowly on her fingers while the noises from behind her wall faded, only to slowly grow louder than ever.

"Three, two, one.." The door to her room swung open, and Yuki sat up, laughing at the younger male who was pouting at her, his duffel bag stuffed with everything he usually packed whenever his roommates kicked him out for being a pest. Deep sleepers they might be, but a Travis yelling could wake the dead. "You're mean noona. You know you're so screwed for doing that."

"I'll worry about it when the time comes. Now hurry up, aren't you the one waiting for an answer?"

Travis grumbled lightly, but tossed down his sheets, throwing his pillow onto the floor and falling onto the fluffy mess that would be his make-shift bed for the night. Thank god he'd slept so many times on the floor since he moved to South Korea that his back no longer hurt. He looked up expectantly at the older girl who was staring down at him from her raised bed. She was grinning, and he grinned back.

"You know I think your hair would look great in green."

"Not on your life."

"What about red?"

"Washes out too easily. What about you, what colour is yours next?"

"Blonde. White blonde probably."

"So you're gonna bleach your hair until it shrivels up and dies."

"Basically." The two laughed at each other a little, before Yuki turned back on to her bed, stuffing her face into a pillow. Their conversations continued quite similar to that -- topics including more about hair dye, questions about what was in the fridge, and arguments about the big three in both anime and kpop. Because clearly the topic about the difference between a show's name and a cleaning product needed to be conducted.

"And you yelled at me for waking you at midnight to talk about watermelons. You called me over to your room to tell me there's nothing wrong with BLEACH being named after what I'm about to put in my hair."

"Because there is nothing wrong about it if they produce a masterpiece like it and make some fantastic games from it."

"There's something wrong with it when you're keeping me up till 2am in the morning talking about it when I have a 6am singing examination."

"We're going to quit, what does it matter that you have an exam?"

And Travis smiled knowingly to himself, grinning. Yuki herself, was grinning, her thoughts trailing to the new tune she got in her head. Their new tune. Certainly the tune that would be for the first song that they'd perform together with.

"You said 'we'." Yuki chucked one of her extra pillows into the boy's face below her, and rolled her eyes for the final time. Of course he'd state the obvious and interrupt her beautiful melody. "Go to sleep Travis."

"Yes noona~" She'd never admit to herself how much she liked hearing that.



The next day, two different CEO's met with two similar trainees. Two contracts were broken, and two people moved out of building 34 together. Two best friends carried on two new dreams.

 

a/n :: A continuation of the prologue, featuring Yuki~ yuki-himehanasawa's character, and Travis~ There's a little bit of foreshadowing here, if any of you can catch it. I won't be telling you of what, since it's really subtle, but feel free to make your guesses tee hee.

Anyway, I hope I portrayed Yuki well, and that I'll be able to keep up with this. I've got a lot of the chapters planned out already, so I'm hoping y'all end up liking it! Chapters will be of varying length -- I cut things off whenever I feel I've completed the objective that I wanted to achieve, or wherever feels right, so I have no specific chapter sizes. Some are 1000 words, some 10,000. Finely put on display in my other fic lol. Either way, can you guess who the next chapter will be on ;D?

Another small note, I'm probably going to make this fic interactive after the initial chapters of getting the group together, so if anyone has ideas of how, just throw them out. I'll be taking opinions, and I read every comment I get, even if I don't reply! Thank you everyone for your support! Kae out~

layout and graphics by shirouen