Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Chapter 2

Min knew Kikwang for a long time and her history with him went way back to when they were both JYP trainees.

 

See, Min trained in the United States for about eight years before her debut with miss A but she would fly back to Korea every now and then when she would get homesick. She visited the JYP headquarters frequently and had gotten close to a few of the other trainees including two male trainees named Jo Kwon and Son Dong Woon. Jo Kwon had been a trainee for a long time as well. When other trainees would come and go, Jo Kwon would be there every time Min visited Korea. Min would tell Kwon all about her life in the states and bring back presents like hats and t-shirts that said Hollywood or I <3 NY. Kwon would inform her on the state of the company and what was new in the music industry in Korea. Kwon also told her about which trainees he thought were talented and would most likely debut.

 

One of the trainees he mentioned was a boy that was a year older than Min. His name was Lee Kikwang and impressed Jo Kwon and the president Park Jin Young with his smooth dancing skills. Kikwang was able to catch on with choreography very quickly and had a natural musicality in his body's movement. Kikwang's singing was very soft but it was consistent and pleasing to listen to. He had longish hair, dressed very plain, and wore thick glasses but it was apparent Kikwang had handsome features. With his attractive looks along with his singing and dancing, he seemed to have the full package and the potential to be a very popular idol. Jo Kwon seemed to be very fond of him and would tell stories about the times he, Kikwang, and other trainees would go out to sing karaoke or eat shabu shabu. Kikwang was quiet at times but very warm and considerate when they would hang out. He clapped and cheered loudly when Kwon and the other trainees would sing during the karaoke sessions. During dinners, Kikwang would listen very attentively to Jo Kwon and other trainees' discussions of their worries and difficulties they have been having. He offered encouraging words to them.

 

As Jo Kwon told these stories, Min grew more and more intrigued with Lee Kikwang.

 

Min became friends with Son Dong Woon after discovering they were both born in the year 1991 and that they both knew others born in 1991 such as a trainee named Nicole Jung from the company DSP Entertainment. Min mentioned she knew Nicole because they danced together in a school called Little Winners. Dong Woon had friends from high school who were acquainted with Nicole and introduced the two of them. Min and Dong Woon would play games in the practice rooms during their free time like Chinese checkers, card games, and a shooting game they had on both of their cellphones.

 

One day, they were playing the game “War” with a deck of cards Min brought when she asked,

 

Hey Dongwoonie, are you friends with a trainee named Lee Kikwang?”

 

Oh, Kikwang hyung! Yea, we're close. He's a very caring hyung and walks home together with me sometimes.”

 

Really? Kwon Oppa likes him too. I want to meet him.”

 

He's a perfectionist so he trains for a long time each day. He is very busy but you can find him in the gym on the top floor around nine or ten every Thursday.”

 

Thursday?... That's tomorrow!!”

 

You sound very excited about that,” Dong Woon said laughing.

 

Oh well, um, I'm not really,” Min retorted. She turned away trying to hide her cheeks that were turning flushed.

 

I was finally going to meet Lee Kikwang, she thought. Min hoped to like this boy as much as Jo Kwon, Dong Woon, and other trainees did. However, that's not what happened. Ironically, Min disliked Lee Kikwang very much when she had first met him.   

 

Author's note: The chapters are rather short but the pace of the story is pretty slow so it all evens out  : D.  And yea, I'm just going to put random pictures of min and other people in each chapter. I wanted to include a picture of Min and Kwon for this chapter too but i can only put one picture.