Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Chapter 11

 

As Min sang and danced, she looked around, trying to find Kikwang in disguise with another member. She finally saw a boy sitting five rows away. He was wearing big glasses with a plastic nose and a fake moustache attached. He was attempting to watch the performance while hiding his face from staring observers. She tried not to giggle and looked at the tall western-looking boy sitting next to Kikwang wearing a hat and sunglasses and a scarf that covered the bottom of his face. She continue with the performance while making a subtle wave at Kikwang and Dong Woon. Kikwang did a small wave back as well. Dong Woon gave Kikwang a squeeze on his arm and teased his hyung. Kikwang looked as if he was smiling under his fake, bushy moustache.

 

Miss A continued their performance set with their original songs “ Breathe”, “Break It” , and “Step up”. Afterwards, all four girls did a special performance to Lady Gaga's “Pokerface” and Wonder Girls' “ Tell Me”. Then, Jia, and Fei changed into suits backstage during a short intermission and went out again to dance to the song “ I'm a Man” by Park Ji Yoon. Finally, it was Min's turn to do her solo routine. She was nervous but confident at the same time. She practiced so many times and she knew she would do well. She started the routine and concentrated on the popping and locking choreography. She took her time doing the tutting steps and after her split in the end, she started the “six step “ move. Min messed up a little in the last foot turn but it still looked stylish. The audience started clapping and displayed impressed faces after she had finished her dance. Min was happy that she did her solo routine well and turned to Kikwang's direction to see him and Dong Woon clapping and cheering as well.

 

As the concert was ending, both 2pm and miss A gathered on stage and danced and clapped as Park Jin Young 's “ Honey” played in the background. The 2pm members pointed at some girls in the front row and told them to come up on stage. The girls were screaming and jumping and made their way to the platform and started to dance to the music as 2pm goofed around and started to wave their arms and shook their hips. Jia asked a boy sitting in the front to come on stage as well. Min took the opportunity to motion to Kikwang to join her and Kikwang looked hesitant but Dong Woon pushed him forward.

 

Kikwang climbed the stairs to the stage and stood next to Min while covering his face that was still wearing the silly mask Min gave him. Min pulled his hands away and started to dance around while holding on to Kikwang's arms. She started to wiggle his arms around to get him to dance as well. Kikwang loosened up and Min and him danced the steps that accompanied the “Honey” song which included the hip s and jumps from side to side. They laughed as they had fun moving around on stage but then the audience members had to go off the stage and go to the floor seats as 2pm and miss A vacated the stage.

 

Min had messaged Kikwang earlier that miss A and 2pm were going to have a party at a venue in downtown Seoul and were inviting other groups to come celebrate with them. She told him to bring the Beast members if they were available. After the concert, Min went to the girls' dorm with her things to get ready for the party. She wore a silver off-the-shoulder shirt with a long pendant necklace around her neck and a black skirt and black pumps as well. She straightened her hair and reapplied her makeup that wore off from all the sweating on the concert stage. Jia, Fei, and Suzy put on their dresses too and fixed their makeup.

 

The miss A girls arrived at the party venue about an hour after the concert. They went inside to find their 2pm oppas standing by the bar shouting and laughing. They walked towards the bar to talk to them.

 

“ Min, who has a better ? Me or Junho?,” Wooyoung asked as Min and the other miss A girls stood next to them. He and Junho turned around to show their bottoms.

 

“Definitely Junho,” Min said in a blunt, but nice manner. Junho said he knew it and gloated in front of Wooyoung. Suzy laughed and asked Wooyoung if he was hurt. Jia went next to Taecyeon and started to make fun of his hair. She also asked him why he was wearing striped pants and a striped shirt at the same time and called him a fashion terrorist. Fei smiled at Nickhun and asked how married life was referring to his television marriage with F(x)'s Victoria. Nickhun told her it was great and that Victoria was at the party with her members. He pointed to his pretend wife who was sitting at a table on the other side of the room with her members and some of the members of Super Junior.

 

Min was talking to Junho, Junsu, and Chansung when she received a text on her phone. She saw it was from Kikwang and his message read: “You did amazing in your solo, dancing queen ^_^ . ” Her phone vibrated as she was reading his text and she saw that she received another message from Kikwang. This one read: “ By the way, you look very pretty right now X D. ” Min smiled and looked around the party filled with guests. Where could he be ?, she thought.

 

She finally spotted Kikwang, Dong Woon, Yoseob, Hyunseung, Doojoon, and Junhyung sitting at a table in the corner, along with Nicole from Kara and Simon D. She told her oppas that she was talking to that she was going to say hi to Nicole , Simon D, and the Beast members. She walked towards the corner where Kikwang's table was located when, all of a sudden ,Krystal from F(x) grabbed Kikwang's arms and pulled him on to the dance floor. Min could see Kikwang trying to refuse a dance with Krystal but she kept insisting. Next thing Min knew, Kikwang and Krystal was on the other side of the room dancing to the music echoing through the club among a crowd of their guests.

 

She tried to smile and kept walking towards the table where the rest of the Beast members were sitting. Kikwang and Min did promise to tell only a few close people about their dating like their group members. It's good if they act natural with other people who do not know about them. When Min was in front of the other Beast guys along with Simon and Nicole, Junhyung asked if she was okay and subtly glanced towards where Kikwang was dancing with Krystal.

 

“ I'm fine! Why wouldn't I be?,” Min said , trying to sound joyful. She greeted Nicole who was sitting next to Dong Woon. They seemed to be having a very humorous conversation about a show on television they both watch and barely interacted with the other guests sitting at the table.

 

“ Sam D Oppa!,” Min said when she saw Simon D and sat down next to him. She was very close with him in a brother and sister type of relationship but hardly saw him since they were busy. They were suppose to be on a variety show together soon, though. Min was not sure of the name of the show or other details yet.

 

“ What's up, Min girl ! I missed you,” Simon D said as she patted her on the head, rustling her hair.

Min told him she has just been busy with miss A activities and Simon D said he recently came back from L.A.. Min was excited about his visit to her old home and asked him what he did there. Simon D said he attended a couple of concerts there like a Far East Movement concert and a Jay-Z concert while visiting some friends.

 

Min was absorbed into listening to Simon D and his adventures from his trip when she received another text. It was from Kikwang again and it read : “ Hey, I'm sorry. I told her I was tired and insisted on not dancing. I hope it was okay I danced with her.. ”. Min looked up and saw Krystal returning to her table.  Kikwang was walking towards where Min was sitting too. Before he could reach the table with Min though, the girls of Girl's Day appeared and surrounded Kikwang and were pulling him to sit with them at their table. Kikwang shook his head but the girls kept insisting like how Krystal did earlier and Kikwang walked with them to where they were hanging out. There were a few mixed drinks on their table and one of the members offered a drink to Kikwang which he took and started to sip. He was laughing at things the members were saying and a couple of the girls were brushing their hands across his arms and patting his chest with their palms as they laughed along with him.

 

Min tried to ignore them and listen to Simon D's stories but she felt her eyes starting to burn and she rubbed them with her hands but only irritated her eyes further. Simon D asked Min what was wrong and he commented that her eyes were turning red. Min said she was fine but her eyes were tearing up along with becoming scarlet. She excused herself and walked away from the table. She made her way to the washroom and the faucets of one of the sinks. She let the water run as she took her hands and filled them up with the water and splashed it all over her face. She repeated this action four more times and then looked at her wet face in the mirror. Her eyes were becoming less irritated and looked normal again aside from looking a little sorrowful. Min smiled at her reflection and told herself everything is fine while drying her face with a paper towel. She walked outside of the washroom and bumped into a person outside. It was Kikwang and he looked at her with a regretful expression.

 

“Min, is everything okay?, ” Kikwang asked

 

“ Why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm good ! I'm great! But what about you?, ” Min said and continued, “ I know we have to act casual with each other but still... flirting with those girls while you're with me is not part of the deal.”

 

“ I wasn't flirting! … Min.. I swear I was just being polite to them,” Kikwang said. Min looked at his face which seemed to show a desperate expression. His eyes were watering like how Min' s eyes were doing a few minutes ago. Min didn't know what to say. She opened to see if the words would just come out when she felt someone behind her bump into her. She turned around to see a couple of the After School members including the member Nana. Kikwang did not want to see the After School girls, especially Nana.  Kikwang and her did not get along with each other because of a past event and tried their best to avoid each other if they can.

 

It all started a few months ago in the summer when one of Kikwang and Dong Woon's friends had a birthday bash in a nighttime lounge in downtown Seoul. He was a young writer for a Korean Pop culture magazine who knew many of the idol celebrities. Kikwang and Dong Woon were only a couple of the many celebs that were invited. Among the others were groups like U-Kiss, MBLAQ, SNSD, and Sistar. As they were a fairly new rookie group, Sistar were very cordial and went up to the sunbae singers and tried to strike up small talk with them. Kikwang and Dong Woon who debuted several months before them were no exception.

 

The girls bowed to the two boys of Beast and asked them how they were doing. Dong Woon told them that Kikwang and him were fine and he said he really liked Sistar's new song “ Push Push”. Kikwang did not say anything but just nodded. The Sistar members smiled and tried not to be alarmed by his lack of response. They thanked the boys for their time and excused themselves to mingle with other guests. Dong Woon asked Kikwang why he acted the way he did. He told Dong Woon that Bora looks like Sujin, his ex from Naju. He looked down and pretended he was fixing the Prada watch on his wrist while he talked. Kikwang apologized and told Dong Woon he did not want to stay at the party anymore and that he would call Nana from After School to meet up with her.

 

He stayed with Nana that night and a month later, she called him notifying him she missed her period. Kikwang was scared when he heard and started to avoid Nana. He wouldn't answer her phone calls, reply to her texts, and didn't attend events where he knew After School would attend. One day, he got a text from Nana which read: “My period came. You should be happy. Thanks for not caring for me at all during this scary time. ” It was a false alarm but things ended badly with Nana. She wanted nothing to do with Kikwang after seeing how he freaked out at the possibility of being a father to her potential baby and practically abandoned her.  So, Kikwang lost contact with Nana.

 

However, Kikwang did not know she would be attending the party after 2pm's and miss A's concert and looked shocked when he saw her. She walked passed Min and stood in front of Kikwang.

 

“ Hi, . It's nice to see you again,” Nana said as she gave a spiteful smile.

 

Author's note: I'm tired haha.  Feel free to leave comments about the story or questions you have and maybe I'll respond : p.