Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

 

Chapter 17

 

Before Kikwang could begin talking, Min stepped closer to Kikwang and lightly his hair with her fingers. She pushed a few strands of it behind his ear and then proceeded to pat his ear with her fingers. Then, all of a sudden, Kikwang felt a painful twisting of his earlobe and noticed Min was the perpetrator behind such action. He motioned for her to stop and Min finally let go as Kikwang's ear was turning to a light shade of pink.

 

“What the hell do you think you're doing?,” She demanded.

 

“ Umm...singing?,” Kikwang responded with a half-grin.

 

“ Don't play around with me, Lee Kikwang! I still need time to think things over. Think our relationship over.”

 

At this statement, Lee Kikwang stood in the room flabbergasted. Here he was making one of the most romantic gestures he has ever made for a girl and what does he receive in return? A salmon pink ear.

 

“I thought you would be moved,” Kikwang admitted.

 

“Kikwang...,” Min started.

 

“It was sweet. The song was sweet but it doesn't change things. I still don't know if I can go out with you after discovering what happened between you and Nana,” She said.

 

Kikwang nodded and told Min that he understood. Kikwang replied “ I guess I should leave.”

 

“I think that would be best, “ Min said in agreeance.

 

Kikwang was about to leave when Hyoyeon's manager walked in. Min greeted the manager and told him she was going to meet Hyoyeon in a minute. To this statement, the manager responded that Min and Hyoyeon would have to reschedule their lunch plans. At the moment, Hyoyeon is being brought into the van to be taken to the local hospital.

 

The SNSD member had fainted shortly after the taping of the program due to exhaustion. It was not very surprising as the girl group have been traveling to countries all over Asia for fan meetings and conceerts for the last few months. In addition, they have started to do promotion for their new single in Korea. It was very common for celebrities in the Kpop world to be overworked to a critical point that jeopardized their health. Boy group members of groups like Super Junior and DBSK have been admitted to hospitals in Seoul for matters such as chronic fatigue, continuous pain or joint inflammation, heart diseases, and anemia from their strict diets.

 

Min and Kikwang knew firsthand about the toll of having fame as Korean artist celebrities and the non-glamourous aspects of their specific careers. They had moments where they were very tired and sleep-deprived and were almost taken to a hospital during their promotions and tours. Min had a neck injury before and Kikwang had broken an ankle from dancing before. Many events were taken off of his itineraries and when he did travel with the Beast members, he walked on crutches and wore a cast on his leg. Not too long ago, other SNSD members, Jessica and Yoona, were admitted to the hospital in Malaysia right after performing for a concert. Now, It was Hyoyeon in the hospital and Min was concerned.

 

Earlier, Min had told the company van driver and her manager to have the whole afternoon off as she planned to spend it with Hyoyeon. She did not want to rescind her kind deed for them. However, she needed a means of transportation to take her to the hospital.

 

“Are you heading to the hospital now? I want to go see her.” Min stated firmly. The manager hesitated at this idea but verbalized consent to the request. He said he had to gather some things for her at the girls' apartment first which might consume some time.

 

“I'll bring her to the hospital, ” Kikwang offered. Min was about to open to refuse but Kikwang muffled her voice with the sleeve of his shirt as he placed his arm over her lips. “ Just go ahead. It's fine. We don't want to inconvenience you. I'll get Min to the hospital safely.”

 

The manager thanked Kikwang and said that he will see them at the hospital soon. Min looked a bit defeated but followed Kikwang to a private parking lot for staff and found a black sports car sedan inside.

 

“Where's your company van?,” Min wondered.

 

“Decided to drive my beauty to work today instead of riding in the van,” He answered.

 

It took almost forty minutes to drive to the hospital. Min and Kikwang were silent the whole ride to the facility. When they arrived, Kikwang parked his car in front of the blue and white institution. They saw a large crowd already precipitating outside of the hospital. There were news reporters and SNSD fans interweaving that day on the concrete grounds. Min and Kikwang could feel the cold air as they pass the people to go inside. As they entered the main lobby, they asked the front desk receptionist what room Hyoyeon was in and made their way to the elevator. As they walked down the long corridor, Kikwang finally mustered some courage to speak.

 

“ She'll be alright. Hyoyeon will be fine.”

 

Min was silent for a minute as they continued their gait.

 

“Did you know Hyoyeon's been taking caffeine pills? Because coffee and energy drinks were not enough for her not to pass out from her busy schedule,” She finally said.

 

“ I guess caffeine pills should be added to that list too, ” She continued.

 

“Well, she...we all chose this life when we said we wanted to be music artists,” Kikwang reminded her.

 

“This life...I'm mad at this this industry and job sometimes. But I love it too. It's a contradiction,” Min said.

 

“There's a good and bad side to everything but I believe it's worth it. Hyoyeon's tough. She can handle whatever comes her way,” Kikwang reassured Min.

 

“ I hope so, ” Min stated.

 

Kikwang placed his hand on Min's shoulder and smiled at her. His bravery was rising and he proceeded to kiss Min on the forehead. Min did not get agitated or protest. Kikwang's acts gave Min a sense of comfort.

 

They reached the elevator and took it to the fifth floor. When they arrived on the floor, they walked to Hyoyeon's room which was the farthest room from the elevators. Sunny, Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Yuri were there sitting beside Hyoyeon's hospital bed as Hyoyeon rested. She was still awake but quietly listened to her group members telling her jokes which made her happy.

 

“ Min, Kikwang, you guys came...,” Hyoyeon said in an almost whisper.

 

The pair nodded and asked about Hyoyeon's condition. Tiffany said Hyoyeon will stay overnight and the rest of her activities fot the day had been postponed. Min agreed to that decision and said it was for the best. Min and Kikwang joined the Girls' Generation members and they formed a circle around Hyoyeon in her bed. It was like a circle of warmth for the fatigued idol.

 

After a while, a nurse came and said it was time for Hyoyeon to have her lunch. Everyone left the room except for Min. Hyoyeon requested for her to stay as their plans to go out to eat were not completed due to Hyoyeon's state. Kikwang chatted with the SNSD girls in a cafe in the hospital while Min ate a piece of angel cake she bought from a vending machine and Hyoyeon nibbled on the meal provided by her by the hospital staff in Hyoyeon's patient room. As about an hour passed, Min says goodbye to Hyoyeon and she departs to find Kikwang to tell him that they can leave the hospital.

 

Min and Kikwang both had busy schedules to get back to and Hyoyeon told Min she was feeling a little better. The two of them said their farewells to Sooyoung, Tiffany, Yuri, and Sunny. Then, they left the premises. There were still a great deal of reporters and fans outside as they walked to Kikwang's sports car. Kikwang drove Min to the JYP building where Min was to meet her manager and the other members of Miss A. Min said good-bye to Kikwang and did not embrace him at all. Not even a hug. It was still a bit uncomfortable between them even though they shared a moment in the hospital earlier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I've seen you run and try to lift weights before, Oppa. Are you seriously going to the gym?,” Min asked with a chuckle as she chatted with her Simon D oppa in a coffee shop. It was the next day. Min was drinking a mocha frappucino with whipped cream and chocolate syrup sprinkled on top. Simon D drank a plain cappucino in a small cup.

 

“ You bet I am. I really want to do well in this new variety program. So, I want to get in shape if I'm going to be on tv every week. Min, I'm telling you that you should request to be on the show too,” Simon D said.

 

Simon D has been insisting for Min to join a new tv program called “Oh My School/ 100 points out of a 100” for weeks now. He said it would be fantastic publicity for Miss A. Min was starting to come around to the idea and told Simon D that she would at least talk to the producers of the show with her manager.

 

They drank their coffee and Simon D told Min that he wanted her to go to the gym with him during the evening after their schedules finished. He offered to drive her to a fitness center he knows that has a spacious workout area and weight room. Min told Simon D that she would accompany him for one night.

 

After her schedule finished, Min went to her home at her grandmother's apartment and she found a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants she could wear. She got dressed, put on her jacket and sneakers, and rode with Simon D to the gym. He decided to start exercising by running on the treadmill. Min told him she wanted to explore the fitness center and wandered off away from the cardio workout machines. She found herself in the weight room which was the size of Miss A's dressing rooms during their promotions. She was surprised to discover Kikwang sitting on a bench looking down on the floor while holding a 10-pound weight in his left arm. She heard him sigh as if he had a worry on his mind.

 

“Kikwang? Is everything okay?,” Min asked.

 

“Min? What are you doing here?,” Kikwang requested, as he was confused to find her standing in the room.

 

“ I came here with Sam D oppa. He wants to be fit and look good for a television program. He asked me to join the show too,” Min explained.

 

Kikwang did not answer. He seemed to be staring at a duffle bag that was propped next to him on the floor.

 

“ Maybe I should go and leave you alone,” Min suggested.

 

“ No, Min, don't do that. I'm just tired of doing weights. Hey, would you like to spot me as I do sit-ups on the mat? You just have to hold my feet,” Kikwang offered.

 

“ Uh...sure,” Min answered.

 

Min watched Kikwang sit on a floor mat with his legs bent and his hands behind his head. Min placed her hands over his feet that were wearing Nike sneakers. He counted to himself as he did his sit-ups.

 

As he sat up after each count, his face seemed to get closer to Min's face. After his tenth push-up, he froze as his face was inches away from Min's. Both Min and Kikwang pulled their faces closer together until they shared a kiss on the lips. This seemed to startle or upset Kikwang because he pulled away from Min.

 

“I'm sorry. I have to go,” Kikwang said shakingly. He grabbed his duffle bag and left the room. Min stood dumbfounded at everything that just occurred. She was about to leave as well when she noticed a white envelope on the ground. She assumed it must have slipped out of Kikwang's bag. She opened the flap to find a card with gold-trimmed borders and calligraphy font written on it. The font read as followed: You are cordially invited to Kang Sujin and Baek Young Jun's wedding on December 20th 2010. We hope you can attend. Join us in our joyous ceremony! Please RSVP. ”

 

Min wondered who Kang Sujin or Baek Young Jun was. Maybe this invitation is what was bothering him. But why? Will he attend this wedding?

 

Author's note: Took me a while to write this. Sometimes I write in increments over weeks,months,etc. My writing needs polishing but whatever. I felt like updating. Enjoy the chapter as it is.