Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Chapter 10

 

He walked in the dance practice room with a purple button-down shirt that was slightly open on top, revealing a black necklace with a small silver cross. He wore tight jeans and ankle boots with tiny heels on the bottom. Park Jin Young, the JYP sunbaenim, or Park PD as the miss A girls liked to call him nowadays was old enough to be Min's father but he gave the aura of a young person. Jia, Fei, Min, and Suzy were already sweating from doing the routine for “Bad Girl, Good Girl” and “Breathe” multiple times before the president of the company arrived. Park Jin Young greeted the girls and asked how the rehearsal was going. Fei replied that the rehearsal was going well but they are very nervous for the show in Jamsil Stadium the next day.

 

Park Jin Young told them it's good to be nervous and to use that anxious energy to make their routine flawless. He sat down in a chair on the side of the room and told them do their performances for him. He clapped and imitated some of the movements as the girls did them. He spoke his criticisms after the girls finished like he told Suzy to be a little sharper in the chorus movements for “Breathe” and told Fei to smile more and have a cheeky expression while dancing.

 

The girls illustrated the other performances they would do as well for the event. Min danced her solo routine for the president which was a hip hop act performed to a mix of Chelly's “Took the Night” and Basement Jaxx's “Scars”. In her dance, she showcased sassy expressions while performing popping and locking movements. She also displayed a little bit of tutting which she learned from Jia. In the end, she kicked her leg up , did a spin, and ended with her infamous leg split.

 

The JYP sunbaenim liked her routine and told Min she always shows great confidence when she dances but her tuts needed work and also he wants her to end with a surprising note. Instead of ending with her usual splits, he wants her to turn into the “six step” move after her split where she crouches and rotates her left and right legs around her in a circle. Min tried to follow what he wanted and had a little bit of trouble with the “six step” move since her legs were short and was not used to movements that emphasized more on tricks with footwork.

 

Park Jin Young kept saying “again” to Min and she repeated the movements he wanted her to polish. He said it didn't have to be exactly perfect but to make it as clean as possible and that Min should bring a little bit of her style and personality into the movement. She continued to do the dance until she slipped on her hands and fell on the floor. She felt a slight pain in her left wrist and she held it with her right hand. The president asked if she was all right and Min said she was fine. He told her to take a fifteen minute break and try to continue again with the ending part if her wrist was better. He told the girls they did a good job overall and left to find 2PM and see how they were doing with their rehearsal. Jia, Fei, and Suzy surrounded Min to examine her wrist after the president was out of sight.

 

“ Unni, can you continue?, ” Suzy asked. Min nodded and said she just needed to rest for a few minutes.

 

“You did really great. Park PD just wants you to be your best tomorrow, ” Fei said to which Jia and Suzy agreed. Min's wrist was feeling better after sitting down for ten minutes and so Jia helped her review some of the choreography for her solo. Then, the girls went over the performances of the other songs they would sing and dance to the next evening. They stayed in the dance practice room until about 9pm when they realized they were starving.

 

The girls craved for meat in the form of marinated bulgogi wrapped in lettuce so they headed to a nearby small restaurant to have a late dinner. Min liked it when all the girls were all together and were able to enjoy each other's company. They sat at a small table and ordered a set of Korean barbeque beef which came with lettuce leaves and banchan dishes like seaweed, sweet potatoes, and radish kimchi. The food was barely set on the table when the girls started gobbling down the side dishes and putting most of the marinated raw beef on to the grill in the middle of the table. They watched as the meat sizzled and browned on the surface. 

 

“I'm excited! I think rehearsal went well,” Jia exclaimed. She gave the rest of the girls thumbs ups before taking a piece of cooked bulgogi with a pair of tongs and putting into a big piece of lettuce.

 

“I think so too, Unni . But I've been so stressed out with both school and our concert practice,” Suzy said and then turned to Min saying, “ Hey Min Unni, can I borrow your Call of Duty games when you have a chance to get them. I think I need to relax and shoot some computer bad guys after tomorrow.”

 

“ Oh yeah, for sure! I have them with me actually. I brought them over the Beast guys' dorm but they were watching a game on TV,” Min responded. The other girls looked at each other with puzzled expressions after Min talked. They asked her why she was at Beast's apartment and Min realized the slip of information that she has spoken. Should I tell them? The boys already know. Min took a deep breath and said she had something to say to them. Min confessed that she was dating someone.

 

“ What?! Who? My baby Min, who is it?! ,” Fei asked loud enough to fill the whole restaurant with her voice. Min told her to “chill and keep it down” . Min said she was dating Kikwang and the other miss A members started to laugh.

 

“ Stop laughing, you guys. It's no joke,” Min said, pouting. Min recounted the whole story of how her and Kikwang got together and the factors of her one month idea. She told them about the Han River, the observatory, the walk in the rain, the late night movie dates, and then she finally told them about the kiss Kikwang and her shared that morning. She described it as warm and shy. The other girls were still speechless. Jia finally spoke up and told Min that she will be happy as long as Min is happy, but that she should be careful. Kikwang may be a good friend along with the rest of the Beast members but he still had a reputation for being a playboy.

 

Min told the girls not to worry and that Kikwang and her were just having fun with each other. She smiled brightly hoping that her eyes did not reveal sadness. She said that he would be attending the concert tomorrow wearing a special disguise she gave him and laughed. The girls said they will support Min if this is what she wants and they finished their meals. They started to head back to the company building to practice for another hour or two before going home to sleep.Min started puckering her lips and patting as they walked to the JYP building again.

 

“Fei, can I kiss you? I want to know if I'm a good kisser,” Min asked out of the blue. Fei told her she refuses to have Min touch her lips and started walking ahead of her. Min turned to ask the other girls, but Jia and Suzy started gaining speed in their walking as well. Min tried to catch up to them saying it will be just one peck but the girls shook their heads and ran off. Min walked behind them and thought about tomorrow's concert. I hope I do well and Kikwang will enjoy the concert.

 

The next night, Min stood backstage with the other miss A members as 2pm was still performing their set. Her face felt heavy from the stage makeup the artist placed on her face and she tried not to stumble in her heels or rip her performance wardrobe as she moved.

 

“ You don't know me. You don't know me, ” Jia said as she practiced the beginning dance move to “Bad Girl, Good Girl.” Min went over the movements to the other songs they would perform as well. Finally, 2pm's set was over after an hour and it was now miss A's turn to go on stage. The lights dimmed as they walked on top of the platform and faced their backs to the audience. When the song tape started to play, they turned around and started the movements for “Bad Girl, Good Girl” as sparks shot from the machines in the front of the stage and into the air.

 

Author's Note: Chapter was too long so made two chapters : )