Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Chapter 5

 

Min read over the article in her hands once more which reported that after revealing many other girls like Yoona from SNSD to be his ideal girl in the past, Lee Ki Kwang has yet again expressed interest in a new girl. He declared on a talk show that he finds Min from the group Miss A pretty and that she fits the description of his ideal kind of female. 

 

 Usually when an article about a handsome male confessing his attraction to a female is published, the female should be swooning but the article did not make Min happy.  I hate him. I hate him. It's okay if he plays with other girls' feelings, but leave me out,Min thought to herself after she finished reading.  Min was glad when she saw Kikwang and Dong Woon succeed after forming the group Beast under JYP's sister company Cube Entertainment. And she was even more ecstatic when she joined the group miss A and could be in Korea again.  She would see Dong Woon, Kikwang, and the other members Doojoon, Junhyung, Hyunseung, and Yoseob at music and TV programs where Beast and miss A were both guests.  However, Kikwang was always talking to the female staff or female guests from other girl idol groups backstage at these shows. 

 

In newspapers, there would be an article every other month about the latest girl Kikwang was interested in. It was also common for gossip websites to report sightings of Kikwang being out together with members from groups like Rainbow and Girl's Day in places around Seoul, Busan, and even Jeju-Do. There was even a rumor that Kikwang got a girl from After School pregnant but that particular rumor was proved to be false later. 

 

Nevertheless, when Min thinks back to when she saw the red satin shoes, the engraved message, the stars around her name, and then to the tears in Kikwang's eyes and his hurt look at the JYP building when they were trainees, she cannot help but be touched by the memory. After she returned to the states from her visit to Korea the summer she met Kikwang, she would write to Jo Kwon and Dong Woon online almost every day asking how things were back in Korea. But what she really wanted to know was how Kikwang was doing and what was he doing. Whenever Dong Woon or Jo Kwon would mention a little information about Kikwang like how he was working hard under Cube, Min would be relieved and satisfied to know these things instead of being left in the dark.

 

 Min didn't understand it but until now she always had Kikwang at the back of her mind. She tried to tell herself that she shouldn't think about him and that despite how he helped Dong Woon with her gift and how he has risen from that time he was dropped from JYP , he wasn't a guy that a girl like her should get involved with.But he remained like a barnacle, stuck inside the corner of her head.  Now,on top of everything, there is this article released with Kikwang stating his interest in Min. 

 

Suzy waved her hands towards Min and asked if she was okay.  She told her unni that she had this dazed look on her face.  Min smiled and told her she was fine.  Suzy asked her what she was going to do about the news.  Unexpectedly, Min took her smartphone and decided to text Kikwang.  Min wrote to him:

 

“ Where are you? I need to meet with you.”

 

Min was not sure if Kikwang would respond or not but she texted him anyway.  She did not know what she would say or do when she would meet him.  She thought that the words she needed to say would naturally flow when she was face to face with Kikwang.  Suzy was in disbelief that Min texted Kikwang but thought it would not be a horrible idea to confront him.

 

“Did he text you back yet?,” Suzy said after she finished eating her cookie.  Min shook her head but thought Kikwang might still respond. 

 

It's probably nothing, Unni.  By next week, Kikwang will say he likes another girl and there will be an article about that. Don't mind him. He's a babo. ” 

 

Min agreed and continued to eat her kim bap rolls. After she finished, Min and Suzy gathered their things and Min decided to head to the other miss A girls' dorm with Suzy to say hi to Jia and Fei before going back to her grandma's.  They stepped outside the cafe when Min's phone started to hum the “Bad girl, Good girl” melody.  She took her phone out of her duffel bag and she saw a text from Kikwang which simply said, “Han River.”  So he's by the Han River? What is he doing there?    

 

   “ Wait for me. I'm coming over,”  Min texted back. To which, Kikwang shortly replied with the word “okay.”  

 

“Suzy, go ahead to the dorm without me. I'm going to the Han River to meet Kikwang. ” 

 

Suzy nodded and wished Min good luck before turning towards the other direction. Min thanked her and waved good-bye. She took a deep breath and started moving towards where the Han River was.  The Han River's a pretty romantic spot , she thought to herself.  Too bad, I'll be spending my time there confronting a playboy.

 

Author's Note: short chapter and it lol. well, not my best. the next chapter will be good though! well, i'll try to make it good. Min and Kikwang will talk and be together by the river and there might be a surprise : 0. I think I'll have Kikwang start off the next chapter instead of Min and have more of his thoughts as well : ).