Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Chapter 6

 

When Kikwang had the desire to go to the Han River, he thought about asking one of Beast's managers to drive him but decided that he wanted some solitude. So he wore his adidas tracksuit zipped all the way to his neck and a puffed vest over his track jacket. Around his neck, he wrapped a long wool scarf until it was slightly covering his mouth. He completed his incognito outfit with a pair of sunglasses and an oversized knit hat on his head before heading to the subway station.

 

In the crowded train compartment, people pushed and shoved into Kikwang as they maneuvered into an empty spot. It was different from when Kikwang is with Beast at airports or hotels and bodyguards shielded them from the touch of other people. Being in Beast and having fans chant his name is a feeling like no other to Kikwang, but having himself unnoticed and just be part of the crowd in an underground train ride with people bumping into him gave him a whole other kind of happiness.

 

Kikwang was about to doze off in his seat when he realized he was at his stop and stepped off the train and toward the exit of the station. Kikwang could feel the crisp air and the energetic wind pull on him as he walked outside of the train station. The weather was chillier than usual. Kikwang did not have the time to notice the weather's coolness lately as Beast had been extremely busy. They had a photo shoot recently with the brand ClRide and they have started preparations for their first full-length album that they were planning to release in May. He had been feeling stressed because of everything and has been spending longer sessions at the gym. He also would go watch movies or to the shopping districts with different girls during the evenings and some afternoons. These girls were from popular idol groups, rookie groups, or staff on shows he worked on. A couple of them were models or backup dancers for various artists as well.

 

Kikwang was not sure if he really liked any of these girls. He thought many were really pretty. Although, half of them had some sort of plastic surgery done like their eyelids. Some girls were fun like the members from Rainbow he would roam stores with and go dancing with. Girls from rookie groups were usually sweet and doted on him. He went out with a couple of the A Pink members and they would compliment him, laugh at all his jokes, and fuss with his hair. He liked the feeling of having pretty girls run their gentle fingers through his hair as they looked at him. To him, it was the best.

 

He thought about calling Eunji or Bomi and asking to meet after he leaves the Han River Park when he noticed he received a text earlier from when he was on the train. Min texted me?, he thought. Well, I shouldn't be surprised. Doojoon did warn him about how Min would react to the article and he scolded him about it. The other Beast members were disappointed when they saw the news as well. They weren't happy the other times Kikwang declared he liked a new girl but Min was a really good friend of the Beast members. All the miss A girls were but Min spent the most time with the guys from Beast.

 

Min and Junhyung became fast friends after they met. And after they joined twitter, they would tweet each other all the time and send each other funny parody videos they found of Beast or miss A songs. Doojoon and Min would scheme together and play practical jokes on Yoseob after music programs. Hyunseung was the least close to Min but he still talked to her about music and hip hop dancing. And Dong Woon who was the closest to Min was happy that Min was living in Korea again and he, Min, and their other idol friends born in '91 like Key from the group Shinee would plan activities to do together.

 

Kikwang remembers how upset Dong Woon was when Kikwang told him about meeting Min and how she stormed off after he hit on her. Dong Woon asked him to apologize to her the Monday he planned to give Min her going away gift but Kikwang was called to go to the company president's office that day. He was surprised to see Min outside JYP sunbaenim's door after being dismissed and embarrassed for Min to see what a mess he was. He opened his mouth to apologize like Dong Woon told him to when he saw her. But he could not stand to have Min look at him with such pity so he ran away.

 

Things were a little awkward between Min and Kikwang since then. They would chat together during music programs but there was always some nervous tension between them. He had exchanged numbers with Min and Min would text Kikwang sometimes asking what the Beast members were up to and he would ask if miss A were going to be on a specific show.

 

Kikwang gave up on asking Min out again after the incident in the company building's gym. But sometimes when he's talking to another girl idol or a female staff member during a music program, his eyes would glance over to Min laughing with Doojoon or her demonstrating a dance to Hyunseung. He doesn't know exactly why he mentioned Min on that talk show. The hosts just asked him if he liked any girl groups lately and miss A just came to his mind. Then, they asked if he found any of the members pretty and Kikwang ended up blurting out Min's name. Kikwang didn't think he could just tell Min that her name just came out of his mouth when the hosts were interviewing him.

 

His hands and legs started shaking as they usually did when he was anxious about something. His fingers trembled as he decided to text Min that he was by the Han River and he sat on a bench waiting for her after he sent the message. He did not know what he would tell Min but he will wait to see what she says first.

 

Finally, Min texted Kikwang that she was in front of the Han River Park and he told her that he was inside by the Banpo Bridge. A few minutes later, Kikwang saw Min walking towards him. He noticed that she was dressed very tomboyish with baggy clothes and that Min amusingly kept pulling on the hood of her sweatshirt. She looked slightly tired with pale skin and circles under her eyes. Kikwang stared blankly at Min as she took a deep breath and exhaled that breath as she sat down next to Kikwang on the bench. For a minute or two, they sat in silence together trying to gather their thoughts into a sentence, a question, just some sort of coherent words.

 

Why...Why me?,” Min asked.

 

I don't know, ” Kikwang answered sheepishly.

 

How can you not know?”

 

I... I didn't think you would mind since we're friends. I don't think a scandal about us will come out, so don't worry.”

 

Min nodded and continued, “ Kikwang, do you find me attractive?”

 

Well, yea. I chose you for my ideal type, didn't I?, ” Kikwang joked.

 

What do you find attractive about me?”

 

Well, I like how you're not afraid to go out without makeup... and I like your chubby cheeks when your face gets bloated,” Kikwang laughed. Min did not laugh with him but just looked at Kikwang as if frozen by his wide smile.

 

Go out with me,” She says.

 

Umm..sure. ”

 

ONLY me. For a month.”

 

Date only you for a month? Are you serious? I can't do that! Why would I do that?”

 

Because I will grant you one wish if you date me for a month. And you can wish for anything.”

 

What if my wish is for you to sleep with me?”

 

Then... I will sleep with you.”

 

Min...”

 

Don't ask me why I am asking you to do this. Are you up for it or not?"

 

Kikwang wasn't sure why but he decided to go for it. He nodded at Min and told her he was up for it. Min and I dating exclusively for a month?, he pondered. I wonder how this will go...

 

Author's Note:  Yup, they're going to start dating. get ready for some sweet moments : ).  And I was looking for pictures for this chapter and came across the one of Kikwang. I thought it would have been perfect for Chapter 3 since Min and Kikwang meet in the gym. Haha, the gym is like Kikwang's mecca/ holy place.  But I decided to put it in this chapter since KIkwang starts off this chapter and it's more Kikwang centered. So yay for gratuitous Kikwang body pic! Also what counts as Rated H content? Does a character mentioning sleeping with another character count as rated H material?