Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Truthful Feelings of a Playboy

Prelude/Introduction

 

It was raining that evening when I saw her . I stood outside her house with a dark umbrella over my head that protected me from drizzling raindrops hitting my skin. But my face was still wet from tears as I watched through the window as the girl that I had been dating for the last eight months put her arms around another male. I don't know why but I smiled at that moment. Even though, my insides were in pain, my natural reaction to anything that troubles me is to smile. If anyone was to see me , they would think I was a fool standing in the rain alone while crying and smiling at the same time. However, I was used to people calling me stupid. Babo Kikwang was a common nickname of mine.

 

I was sad and heartbroken. I was also angry... Cheating girls are the worst. From that instant, I vowed to just play around and not get serious with a girl again. I would never let another girl hurt me. And that was exactly what I did until I met one girl that changed everything. Her name? Her name is Lee Minyoung and she changed my life forever. 

 

Chapter 1

 

Sweat was dripping down Min's face and neck as she stood in the dance practice room. She had been in the room for hours perfecting a solo routine for a miss A concert. It was a very tiring dance that involved a great deal of popping and locking. She was used to doing y dance routines for miss A's promotion songs and music videos but she adjusted herself to the different style of choreography with ease. It was around six in the evening when Min grabbed a towel from her small duffel bag placed on the floor and wiped off the perspiration on her skin with it.  Just then, her stomach started to grumble and she decided to take a food break at the cafe next to the company building. She finished drying herself with the towel and smelled herself. Hmm, not too awful, she thought to herself. Just to make sure, she sprayed a fragrance mist that a fan had given to her as a present . She sprayed it on her neck, arms, and hair before she left the building.

 

When Min is hungry, it makes ordering at any restaurant or cafe difficult as she is too indecisive to pick something. Everything looks good, how do I possibly choose? , she pondered while looking at the menu at the cafe. After contemplating for a minute or two, she decided to get a medium iced latte, a chicken sandwich, and two sliced kim bap rolls. She purchased all her food and her drink and sat down in a small table in the corner. This cafe she normally frequents never gets too crowded but she occasionally gets a few people asking for her autograph when they recognize her. Surprising, not a lot of people notice her. Maybe, it's because she usually goes out with no makeup on, wearing a hooded sweatshirt and baggy pants. In the streets, no one would think she was a glamourous person from a talented female idol group just by looking at her. Min always pulls the hood over her head and close to her face though.

 

Min was about to bite into her sandwich when she received a text from her dongseng Suzy. She read the text which said:

 

Min Unni, Where are you?” .

 

Min responded and wrote:

 

I'm at the cafe by the office building taking an early dinner break. Why?”

 

Suzy: “ Great! I'll join you. I'm really bored in the dorm.”

 

In ten minutes, Suzy arrived in the cafe to spot Min sitting in her table with a crumpled sandwich wrapper and moving on to the two kim bap rolls she has yet to consume. Suzy stared and shook her head as she saw the food in front of Min. Suzy and the other miss A girls had pretty hearty appetites but Min was probably the biggest eater out of all of them. Suzy reminded Min that their manager told her to start her dieting for the concert coming up.

 

I know, I know.”, Min replied, “ Dancing makes me really hungry though.”

 

Suzy knew it was not appropriate to talk back to her elders so she decided to say nothing more about the matter and went to the counter to order a green tea smoothie and an oatmeal cookie. She wore a red baseball cap, big black sunglasses, an oversized jacket, and jeans that day. She stood tall among the other customers. Being the maknae, she was ironically the most blessed in height among the miss A members. Min, Fei, and Jia immensely about it but Min partly jokes about it out of jealousy. She was the shortest among them. Their manager and their oppas from 2am and 2pm like to point out Suzy's model stature as well and Suzy has grown to accept it as part of regular banter from family.

 

JYP members acted like a family unit. All of the artists were very close including Suzy and Min. As proof of their intimate family relationship, Taecyeon and Seulong texted Min as Suzy was citing her order to the cafe attendant. Min read what each of her oppas wrote,

 

Taecyeon: “ I just heard. congratulations! haha.”

Seulong: “ Minyoungie! lucky you! be careful though.”

 

Min stared at what the two friends have written and could not interpret the meanings of the messages. Congratulations?... I'm lucky?...be careful?...what do they mean? Her confusion must have shown as Suzy asked her what was wrong when she sat down in the chair across from Min. She took a sip of her smoothie and chewed part of her cookie.

 

Taecyeon oppa and Seulong oppa just texted me but I have no idea what they're going off about.” Min handed her smartphone to Suzy so she can read the texts. After she finished reading, Suzy started to chuckle loudly and she covered to muffle the sound.

 

What? What's funny? Do you know what this is about?”

Min Unnie, You haven't seen the news in the paper?”

 

Min shook her head. “ No , I haven't. Why?,” she responded. Suzy took out a folded newspaper from her large handbag and opened it to the entertainment section. In the pages, there was an article about Big Bang's appearance on a talk show. There were also articles about the latest episodes of “Running Man” and “ 1 Night, 2 Days”. Then, her eyes scanned to an article on the bottom of one of the pages titled Beast's Lee Ki Kwang Has a New Ideal Girl which contained a small picture of Min. Next to Min's picture, there was another picture of one of the members of the group Beast. Min looked at the image of Lee Kikwang smiling. His face had a sparkling expression that was difficult not to be mesmerized by. Kikwang could commit first-degree manslaughter and grand theft larceny all in the same night but would be absolved from all charges once he squinted his eyes and flashed a wide pearly white teethed-smile. He had that type of charm. It was a deadly charm that affected even the most stoic or jaded of females.

 

One of these females who was influenced happened to be sitting in a cafe sipping her iced latte and staring blankly at the paper in her hands.

 

Author's note:  The prelude/ introduction will be the only part that will be written in first person pov which is told through Kikwang's pov.  The rest will be written in third person.  Sooo, how is the story so far? Do you like it? I know it is a little slow for now. I still haven't worked out who the opposite characters will be yet. I might have a love square but I'm thinking of using fresh characters instead of the usual joon, hyosung, etc.   That's what the episodes of OMS/100 points are for lol. I'm thinking of adding characters like Onew and Jiyeon, for example : ).  I haven't gotten to that point yet though.