To My Amusement

Seoul Music

I walked up to the front gate of Lotte World and spotted the guys at the entrance. I smiled and waved at them. “Hi Hoseok-ssi, Namjoon-ssi!”

Hoseok playfully frowned. “You don’t have to be so formal with us, Aila,” he said, pouting, “you can call me Oppa.”

I could feel my face redden. I had thought about calling the older guys of the group that, but it felt awkward. It wasn’t the same as screaming out “Oppa!” when fangirling over my K-pop group biases. They weren’t in front of me, like Hoseok and the others were.. “Uh… Hoseok o-oppa.”

“There you go,” Hoseok said and smiled brightly.

“You don’t have to say it if you don’t want to,” Namjoon said.

“Ah, ne,” I said bowing my head awkwardly, “thank you Namjoon-ssi.”

We got our tickets and entered the popular amusement park. Since it was a Saturday, the place was packed. Couples were everywhere. I glanced up at Namjoon, feeling nervous just by looking at him.

“Where should we go first?” I asked once we were inside.

“Let’s go on that!” Hoseok said, pointing at a huge roller coaster. I tensed slightly. I saw Hoseok glance at me when I didn’t reply. “Are you scared?”

“I don’t like rides much,” I admitted.

“Aw, come on,” Hoseok whined cutely, “Just once?” He held up one finger.

I glared at him playfully. I couldn’t win against his aegyo. “Just once,” I finally said, giving in.

We got in line and finally were able to get on the ride. As others were getting seated, I suddenly felt nervous. I gripped the bar in front of me so hard, my knuckles turned white.

“Relax,” Hoseok said, “Just try to have fun!”

I nodded and then looked over at Namjoon. He actually looked a bit nervous himself. “Do you not like roller coasters either?” I asked.

“They’re okay,” he said. I just nodded.

The cart lurched forward and started to climb up the first hill of the tract. It went impossibly slow as it reached the top and then, suddenly, it feel with great speed over the other side. I wasn’t normally one to scream, but as my stomach seemed to press on my heart, a scream escaped from my lungs.

The cart twisted and turned, going so fast that everything was a blur. When it finally ended, I took a breath of relief and stepped out with shaky legs.

“You okay?” Namjoon asked.

“Ne. I’m fine,” I said and smiled, “Can we sit for a minute though?”

“I’m going to go on another roller coaster,” Hoseok said, grinning from ear-to-ear. He seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed the ride. “Will you guys be okay on your own for a minute?”

My heart started beating faster as I looked to Namjoon, as if asking him.

“Yeah. We’re fine,” Namjoon answered, “We’ll be at that bench.” He pointed to one just across the way.

“Okay. I’ll meet back with you in a few minutes!” With that he sauntered off.

“Do you want something to drink?” Namjoon asked as I sat down.

“Sure,” I said, “Could I have some juice?”

Namjoon smiled. “Yeah. I’ll be right back.”

I thought it was so sweet that he offered to get me something. I had read up a bit on the culture before I came, but I still wasn’t used to the idea that guys liked to pay for the girls. I blushed at the thought. I really felt like I was on a date.

A couple minutes later, Namjoon came back with our drinks. We sat and sipped at them quietly. Somehow the silence between us didn’t feel awkward except for the fact that I was a bit nervous. As I drank the last of my juice, Hoseok came back.

“You guys totally missed out!” he said, “that ride was awesome!”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it,” I said with a smile.

“What would you like to go on, Aila?”

“Hm,” I said tilting my head to the side, “how about the carousel.”

Hoseok smiled. “You really are a girl!” he teased.

“Yah!” I said, frowning at him.

“I was just kidding,” he said and laughed.

“It’s more like I’m still a kid,” I said and smiled. It was the truth and I wasn’t afraid to say so. I liked looking at the world through young, innocent eyes. It made everything happier.

“Alright, then how about us three ‘kids’ ride it together?” Hoseok said.

I nodded and smiled. Just as we started heading over, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Thanks again for abandoning me T-T How’s it going?

I shook my head and smiled when I saw Jimin’s text.

“Who is it?” Hoseok asked when he saw me looking at my phone.

“Jimin,” I answered.

Hoseok snatched my phone from my hands. “Hoseok oppa!” I said, not even thinking about it. Somehow when we were goofing around, it didn’t seem as awkward.

He typed something furiously into the phone and then handed back to me. “What did you write?” I said, looking at him with curious expression.

“See for yourself,” he said nodding at my phone.

>:P Don’t text Aila again today or you’re dead! ~ Hoseok

“Hoseok oppa!” I said.

“He’s just going to keep whining if you text him more anyhow,” Hoseok said looking defiant, “now let’s go ride the carousel!”

“Okay,” I said, looking at my phone one last time before stuffing it in my pocket.

 


 

After the carousel, we went on a couple other slow rides, which made me feel better. I wasn’t sure why it was, but rides freaked me out more than anything. I could jump off a 25 foot rock into the river, like I used to do back home during the summer. But something about rides made me really nervous.

Soon, we were all tired and my feet had started hurting. We all agreed we were ready to go and the three of us stood outside the front gates of Lotte World once again.

“I just remembered I have something I need to do,” Hoseok said, “Sorry, but I need to go.”

“Okay, see you later!” I said and waved at him as he left. But then I realized I was alone with Namjoon again. “I guess I’ll see you on Monday?” I said, ready to take my leave.

Namjoon put his hand on his stomach. “Actually, I’m kind of hungry. Do you want to go get something to eat?”

I stood there looking like an idiot, trying to decide how to answer when my phone started buzzing. “Um, sure,” I said a bit nervously, “Sorry just a minute.”

“Yoboseyo?” I answered.

“Do your best!” It was Hoseok.

“What do you mean?” I said, wondering why he had called me.

“I just gave you a golden opportunity.” I could hear him chuckle on the other line.

“What are you talking about?” I said, still puzzled.

“I actually left so you two could be together. You like Namjoon, right?”

 


Notes:

 

Hey everyone!

Sorry for taking so long to update again! I'm just about to finish a huge project for work and I've been really overwhelmed T-T

But hopefully now that it's almost over I'll be able to update more often again!

Sorry this update is short. Hope you like it! Finally got a bit more Hoseok in there :)

Thanks for reading guys! And I really appreciate all the comments! ^^

 

~Serin~