He Held Me

Seoul Music

Truthfully, I wasn’t over what happened yet. I still felt awkward and depressed around others at school. But I had to admit, Jimin’s idea had been a good distraction. The rest of the week, we worked out the details, and on the weekend, we started into the plan.

“Do I really have to be in it?” I said, feeling uncertain, “why not have Krystal, Elly, or Hyosung do it instead? Won’t it be weird to have an American girl in the video?”

“Why would that make any difference?” Hoseok said.

“It’s just… most k-pop videos only have Koreans in them,” I said. Jimin’s somewhat brilliant plan, not that I would tell him that, was to make a cover of a popular song and make a video along with it. We had already made a simple recording thanks to the broadcasting club at school, so all we had left was the video.

Jimin glared at me playfully. “Are you calling us racist?”

“Aniyo (no), that’s not what I meant,” I said awkwardly, “I just… I don’t want to drag you guys down somehow if fans would dislike it.”

“Babo (idiot),” Taehyung said with a teasing glare, “they won’t be able to resist our charms anyhow.” He stuck out his tongue and posed with a y glare.

He did look good, but I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What,” he said, eyes narrowing.

“Nothing,” I said, “where should we start?”

“Well first of all, we need to get you changed,” Krystal said.

“And makeup,” Hyosung said with a cute smile.

“And hair,” Elly said.

I smiled. I wasn’t always so comfortable in extremely girly attire, but their willingness to help was touching. “Thanks again for helping, guys.”

“Psh, what are friends for?” Krystal said, “Come one. Let’s go.”

Forty-five minutes later, the girls had finally finished with my look and so we headed back over to where the guys had been practicing and preparing to start shooting the scenes with the help of a student from the film club.

“You look nice,” Hoseok said with a smile.

“Thanks,” I said and smiled back. I actually really liked the outfit. It wasn’t something I would wear every day, but it was cute. Krystal had paired a graphic tee with a simple, flowy skirt, lace socks, and a pair of converse. Elly had loosely curled my hair, and Hyosung had done a very natural looking makeup job.

“Everyone, this is Baekhyun,” Junkook said, “he’s a friend of mine and he’s the captain of the film club.”

I smiled at the cute looking boy who was wearing glasses. “Nice to meet you,” I said.

“Thanks for helping us today,” Hoseok said.

“No problem,” Baekhyun said with a smile that revealed his cute dimples, “Anytime. Let’s start with the first scene.”

The location we had decided on was in front of a fountain in the park. It was a pretty spot and a place where couples came a lot. It fit perfectly, since we had decided to do a cover of I Need a Girl by Taeyang.

The first scene had me sitting on the containment wall around the fountain as Jungkook walked into the shot. As he started to sing, he acted like he had just seen me and then he held out his hand. Baekhyun had us pause as he took a short clip of our hands. Then, in the next shot, it was Taehyung who stood holding onto my hand. He stood there and sang. I then looked away, blushing, which wasn’t hard to do since it felt a bit awkward.

Next Baekhyun took a quick shot of our shoes and then moved the camera back out.

“Jimin, you’re next,” he said.

Jimin walked over and took his position in front of me.

“And…. action!”

Jimin walked closer to me and then spun around so that he ended up behind me and then again, until he stood very close to me, face-to-face. But then he froze.

“Cut! Jimin you weren’t lip syncing to the recording,” Baekhyun said.

“Ah,” he said and smiled, “sorry.”

“It’s alright, let’s try it again.”

We shot the scene again and that time, Jimin did it perfectly.

Next, Baekhyun moved the camera closer to the fountain. As he started filming, I walked into the shot, walking away from the camera. Jin came in and gently grabbed my wrist and sang as I turned around to face him. I took his hand off my wrist and sat down in front of the fountain again. This time Suga came in and came up next to me and leaned into my face as he rapped and I leaned back, trying to get farther away from him.

That was the most awkward scene, since I still felt like Suga disliked me a lot. I was glad it was over.

Hoseok was next. He grabbed my hand gently and had me stand. He danced around me and then for a brief moment we danced in unison. Then he took my hand and spun me, right back to sitting on the wall.

“Alright, last is Namjoon,” Baekhyun said, “and then we’ll have the part with all of you at the end.”

I was the most nervous about this scene. The guys had added this idea in, not that I had objected it very strongly, but it still made me anxious.

Namjoon came over and I still sat on the wall. When the shoot started, I looked at him and shook my head. He sang as I got up to walk away. He grabbed my wrist and I looked up at him with a cold expression, but then he pulled me into a hug. We had to stay that way for several moments, as Baekhyun did a shot from my back and circled around to Namjoon’s back.

My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest and I just hoped to death that he couldn’t feel it. I could smell the fresh scent of his clothes and it was making my stomach flop like a fish. Finally, he let go and the scene was over.

For the last scene, Namjoon and I stayed where we were, but then the camera man circled back around to behind me and revealed Namjoon standing in front of the other six guys and then the song was over.

“Assa (yes!)” Jimin yelled and started punching the air excitedly.

“Nice job guys,” Baekhyun said.

“I can’t wait to see the final production!” I said.

Baekhyun packed up his equipment and slung the bag over his shoulder. “Well I’m off to edit. See you guys later!”

“Bye Baekhyun,” Jungkook said, “thanks again!”

Baekhyun just waved over his shoulder as he continued walking away.

“Ah,” I said and sighed, “I’m so tired now!” I plopped down on a bench next to where I had been standing.

“Me too!” Taehyung said. I laughed when he just plopped down and layed on the pathway.

“We should get something to drink before we head back,” Hyosung suggested.

“Good idea!” Hoseok said.

Yoonggi looked at all of us and then glared with an uninterested look. “I’m out,” he said and walked away.

“Aw, come on,” Taehyung said. He tried to put his arm around Yoonggi’s neck, but he skillfully threw Taehyung’s arm aside.

“I have soccer practice this afternoon,” Jungkook said, “sorry guys.”

“Ditcher,” Krystal said glaring at him.

“See you at school,” he said ignoring her comment. He waved as he left.

“The rest of us can go,” Hoseok said, looking at the guys who all confirmed it with a nod.

“Where should we go?” I asked.

“I have a place in mind,” Jin said smiling.

He ended up taking us all to a nice little coffee shop. I ordered last, getting myself a cup of citron tea. When I sat down, a couple of them were looking at my cup.

“You didn’t get coffee?” Jin said.

“No, I don’t really like coffee,” I said and took a sip of the sweet and tangy drink.

“Really?” he said, “I thought almost all Americans drank coffee!”

I smiled and asked back, “Do all Koreans eat kimchi?”

Jin nodded, “I see your point.”

“Do you think people will like the video?” Hoseok asked to no one in particular.

“Why wouldn’t they?” Krystal said looking at him like he was absurd. She leaned over and bumped shoulders with me. “I mean when our beautiful Aila is in it.”

“Krystal!” I said and shoved her back playfully.

She just laughed.

“We never thanked you,” Hoseok said, “but thank you for being willing Aila.”

I nodded. “Of course.” I looked down at my tea, feeling a bit embarrassed.

We drank our drinks and sat around and talked for quite a while before finally deciding that we should head back. On the way out, Jimin stopped me suddenly and the others pulled ahead.

“So…,” he said looking at the ground and then he looked back up. “I was thinking that since you’re a part of our team now, we should all have your phone number just in case we need to contact you.”

“Sure,” I said and smiled. I handed him my phone and he dialed his own number. When it rang, he hung up.

“Thanks,” he said holding up his phone, “I’ll pass it on to the others.”

“Okay.”

“Man,” he said as we caught up with the others, “I can’t wait to post our video!”

 


 

I was so tired when I got home that I quickly changed into pajamas, did a hasty job washing my face, and then plopped down on my bed. Yongguk was home early that night, so Hyosung was talking with him but I had no energy left.

Right as I climbed into my covers, my phone buzzed. I was surprised when I saw it was a number I didn’t have in my contacts.

Yo ~ It’s Jimin here. Just thought I’d make sure to test your number. The text read.

Despite my lack of energy I smiled; it seemed like he never ran out of steam. Hi Jimin, it worked.

Cool, cool. I just wanted to say that you did a good job on the video today… although not as good as me. ^^ Teehee

I shook my head. Thanks, I think… you did good too.

Thanks. See you at school tomorrow, Elf.

Elf? Where did that come from?

Ah, well I think you kind of look like an elf.

I furrowed my brow. Waeyo (why)?

Well you have long hair for one.

For one? Why else? Do I have big ears or something?

No, no that’s not it. But I’m not going to tell you the rest.

Why not? T3T

Because. >.<

You have to tell me now! I won’t be able to sleep thanks to you.

It’s nothing big. I’ll tell you some other time, Elf. Goodnight!

I shook my head and plopped my phone down. So I’m an elf now? He really had way too much energy.

 


 

“Uuaaah,” I yawned loudly. Ms. Jun looked at me. “Sorry,” I mumbled. I hadn’t regained my energy yet, even after a good night’s sleep.

“What a sleepy little Elf,” Jimin whispered behind me.

I turned around and glared at him playfully. He wasn’t letting this new nickname go at all. Whenever he saw me the rest of the day, he made a point of calling me Elf instead of by my name.

We were all anxious for our dance club meeting, now more accurately the ‘k-pop contest club.” Baekhyun and some friends of his from the film club were supposed to have the video done by the end of the day.

On the way there, I was hurrying from excitement and almost ran directly into someone. “Ah!” I said, “sorry, Hoseok.”

“It’s alright,” he said. He looked pale and his body was unusually stiff.

“Are you okay?” I said with a frown.

He smiled a bit forcefully, “Yeah I’m fine.”

“Okay…” I said, not really believing him. As we walked the rest of the way to the club, I could see him playing with his hands. I shrugged and decided to just leave him alone.

“Bballi, bballi (hurry, hurry)!” Jimin said as soon as we entered. I realized that Baekhyun had set up a laptop on a table in the room. “Let’s watch it together!”

We all hovered around the laptop and Baekhyun played the video. They did a great job with the editing. It looked so professional that I was surprised.

“That was awesome!” I said as soon as it finished.

“We are going to have lots of fans in no time!” Jungkook said smiling so brightly he looked like a little kid.

“So what’s your group’s name?” Baekhyun said looking at us.

We all exchanged glances.

“I knew we forgot something,” Taehyung said, snapping his fingers.

“I guess we did, huh,” Hoseok said, thinking.

“Well in order for me to post the video, you’ll need a group name,” Baekhyun said.

“How about Hip-Hop Masters,” Taehyung teased. We all shook our heads at how lame it was.

“Big Kids?” Baekhyun threw in.

“No way,” Jin said, “it sounds like we’re 10.”

I chuckled at his comment. “Ah, I have an idea.”

“What is it?” Jimin asked.

“How about Unsuited Seven? That’s what everyone around here knows you as.”

“True,” Hoseok said, “I actually kind of like it!”

“Me too,” I said, “and you could shorten it to U7. What do you all think?

“It’s awesome!” Jimin said smiling.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah!” Taehyung shouted excitedly.

Everyone else agreed except Namjoon and Yoonggi. Finally Namjoon nodded his approval. I smiled, feeling happy that he liked my idea.

But then everyone’s eyes were on Yoonggi. He stared back at us steadfastly. But suddenly his expression softened a bit. “It’s actually pretty cool,” he finally admitted.

I grinned from ear-to-ear. Even Yoonggi liked it!

“Alright,” Baekhyun said, “sounds like we have a unanimous decision. It’ll just take me a minute to set this up… okay finished! Uploading the video now!”

We all watched eagerly as the upload bar filled and finally was finished.

Jimin looked at everyone. “We are officially online!”

 


 

Every day we checked the views, eagerly anticipating what each day would bring. Much to our disappointment, but the end of the week we still had under 20 views.

“I’m kind of surprised,” Jin said, “I would have thought we’d have more views by now.

Everyone in the club room looked a bit disappointed. But to my surprise, Hoseok looked the most despondent.

“Maybe we should just give up,” Hoseok said. Before anyone could give a good answer, he walked out the door.


 

Note:

Hi to all!

Hope you liked the update. Sorry for the wait! 

Hehe little appearance by Baekhyun. To be honest, I wanted to put Chanyeol in (I probably still will in the future) but I felt like this part fit Baekhyun ^^ he's just so adorable XD

Thanks again for reading!!!

~ Serin ~