Inspiration

Seoul Music

“What’s eating him?” Taehyung said, elbowing Jin.

“I knew I shouldn’t have been in the video,” I mumbled quietly.

“YA!” Jimin said, suddenly looking a bit mad, “you being in the video has nothing to do with it! You did a great job and you helped us out a lot!”

Namjoon, who was standing next to me, put a hand on my arm. “Yeah, there’s no reason for you to say that. We are all grateful that you were willing to be in the video.”

I looked up at his face and met his eyes. I felt like my arm was on fire, even after he dropped his hand.

“We’ll find a way to get this video out there,” Jin said.

“Yeah,” Jungkook said, “besides, it’s our first video!”

“We should think of some ways to promote it,” Jin said, “What makes a video go viral?”

“Lots of people like it?” Taehyung said.

“State the obvious,” Jimin teased with a smile.

“I think he has a point though,” I said, suddenly realizing something, “If a lot of people like it, they will watch it. But they have to hear about it first, and the best way to spread something is through word of mouth!”

“Yeah!” Jimin said, his eyes wide. I bit my lip and smiled to hold back my chuckle. His expression was so adorable.

“We could use social networks,” Jungkook said, “I’ve got quite a few friends.”

“And I bet Krystal, Elly, and Hyosung would be happy to spread the word as well,” I said.

“What about making another video?” Namjoon said. I was surprised that he pitched in.

“That’s a good idea too!” I said, “The more videos we make, the more views our page will get.”

“Well what are we waiting for?” Taehyung said, “Let’s get started!”

I thought for a minute. “You guys go on ahead. I’m gonna go after Hoseok.”

“Okay see you later!” Jungkook and Jin both said.

Before walking out I approached Jimin. “Do you know why he’s like that?” I asked him. I knew Hoseok was the closest with Jimin.

“I think I know why,” Jimin said, “but let him tell you himself. It’s not for me to say.”

I looked at him and cocked my head in surprise. Somehow I hadn’t expected to hear such a loyal and logical answer.

“What?” he said, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Nothing,” I said shaking my head, “I was just thinking that you are a good friend.”

Jimin just smiled awkwardly and tapped the toe of one of his shoes on the ground.

“I’ll see you later,” I said and waved as I walked away.

“Yeah, see you.”

 


 

Where are you? I texted Hoseok. I walked around, searching for him but I didn't get a reply. Finally, I sent another text. Please tell me… I just want to talk to you.

This time I got a response. By the outdoor basketball courts.

As I raced over there, I was thinking how glad I was that we had all exchanged numbers after the video upload. We wanted to be able to keep everyone updated on the views, but it was handy to be able to contact everyone as well.

Hoseok was on the court, dribbling a basketball. He shot, missed, and chased after the ball and finally saw that I was standing there.

“Hi,” he said and walked over.

“Let’s sit,” I said, motioning towards a bench on the side of the court. We sat and there was an awkward silence. “Why did you get so upset earlier?” I finally asked.

Hoseok held the ball in his hands and looked down at the ground. “I don’t have confidence.”

I contemplated his answer. “In everyone, or in yourself?”

“In myself.”

“Why not? You are so talented!”

“Because people don’t care just about talent,” he said, sitting back up against the bench. “I’m actually a trainee right now.”

“Really?!” I said a bit quickly. It wasn’t like I didn’t believe him, but I was completely surprised.

“I’ve been a trainee for five years now,” he said looking up at the sky, “I was supposed to debut this year with a group from the company.”

“What happened?” I prompted softly.

“They decided to make it a group of 5 instead of 6. I heard later that I was excluded because of my looks.”

“Your looks?” I furrowed my brow, “I don’t follow…”

He looked at me with a frustrated expression. “They said I wasn’t good looking enough to be in the group.”

“That’s horrible!”

“Yeah,” he said and sighed, “so here I am, still stuck as a trainee.”

I thought for a minute. “What is it that you want Hoseok?”

“I want to be a rapper and dancer more than anything.” A faint smile came across his face.

“Then you have to keep fighting for it,” I said, “You are very handsome in my opinion and besides, even if you weren’t, you are one of the most talented and kindhearted people I know. Who you are is worth more than your outer appearance. I have confidence in you, and all the others as well. You can all be great, I know it!”

Hoseok turned to me and smiled. “Thanks Aila. I really needed the pep talk.” He stood up and I followed suit. He smiled again. “If you ever need to talk, I would be happy to help you.”

“Thanks Hoseok. Are you gonna go back now?”

He nodded. “See you tomorrow?”

I just nodded and smiled, then waved as he left.

 


 

“This is fun!” I said. I spun around and around in circles, watching everything go around so fast I couldn’t distinguish anything clearly. Why were spinning chairs so entertaining?

“I’ll help you spin!” Taehyung said. I was suddenly going twice the speed.

“Stop, stop!” I said, feeling incredibly dizzy. He stopped the chair and I stupidly tried to stand up, stumbling around like a drunk person. The world finally steadied and I could see dots in my eyes. Everyone except was laughing at me, except Yoonggi who gave me a look like I was an idiot. But I didn’t really care.

“Let me try!” Taehyung said, eagerly plopping down in the chair. Jimin and I stood on either side and spun the chair around as fast as possible. “Stop!!!” he finally yelled. He stood up and stumbled around, just like I had.

Jimin had to try next. But when he stood up, he dramatically fell to the ground and stared at the ceiling with a stupid looking smile on his face and wide eyes. I laughed so hard I was almost crying. Even when everyone else had stopped, I was still trying to hold back the laughter.

“I’ve never seen her laugh so hard,” I could hear Taehyung say.

Finally I took a deep breath.

“Alright guys, we should get started,” Jin said, “we don’t have much time.”

“What do we need to work on?” Taehyung said, throwing his arm around Jin’s neck.

“We need to spread the word online about our video, come up with the concept for the next one, and start working on our song for the contest.”

“Maybe we should make two teams,” Hoseok suggested, “One team can work on on the video stuff, and the other can work on our song.”

“That’s a good idea!” Jungkook said.

“I’ll help with the videos,” Jin said, “I think Jimin should help as well because of the dancing. Namjoon, Yoonggi, and Hoseok should be in charge of the song. What about the rest of you?”

“I’ll help with the video too,” Jungkook offered.

“Me too!” Taehyung said raising his hand.

“Only because it’s not a lot of work for you,” Jimin teased.

Everyone looked at me, awaiting my answer. “Well… I might be able to help with lyrics, if that’s alright.” It was true I loved writing, whether stories or lyrics, but I also wanted to work with Namjoon.

“Perfect,” Hoseok said, “even teams.”

“But what about the dancing?” Jimin whined.

“What, you can’t handle it on your own?” Taehyun teased.

“Yeah, besides I can help too,” Jungkook said.

“Ah true,” Jimin said with an awkward smile.

I raised an eyebrow subtly and then looked at Namjoon and Yoonggi.

“It’ll be nice to work together,” Namjoon said, making me smile. Yoonggi just looked at me suspiciously and then walked over to his favorite corner in the room.

“Alright, let’s break into our groups,” Hoseok said, following Yoonggi’s lead.

We pulled over a table that was in the room and found four chairs.

“What should our song be about?” I asked.

“Good question,” Hoseok said, “what kind of music do we want to go for?”

“Let’s brainstorm,” Namjoon suggested. He pulled out his ipod and started listening to music. I watched him for a moment. No matter what he did, he always seemed so handsome.

I leaned back and stared at the ceiling for a while. Maybe it was because I had so much energy at that moment, but I couldn’t focus or think of any ideas at all. I pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil and started doodling. I wasn’t really drawing anything specific; just shapes and curved lines.

“It makes me think of Summer for some reason,” Hoseok said, taking a peek at my work, “I love summer time.”

I looked at him and smiled. “I like summer too.”

“I like winter, but sometimes I miss the warmth of summertime.”

I nodded in agreement. “Hoseok!” I said suddenly, “I think you’ve got it! We could make an upbeat summery song to lighten the winter mood.”

He stuck out his lower lip in thought. “I like it,” he said with a smile and a nod.

I looked over at Namjoon. He still had his headphones in and his eyes were closed, so I gently tapped his shoulder. He pulled out his headphones.

“I think we have an idea,” I said. I realized Yoonggi had also pulled out his headphones.

“What is it?” Namjoon asked.

I told him about the discussion Hoseok and I just had.

Namjoon nodded. “It sounds like a good idea. But what should the lyrics be about?”

“That I don’t know,” I admitted.

“The weekend is coming up,” Hoseok said, “why don’t we all go somewhere together. Maybe it’ll help us come up with some ideas.”

“That would be fun! We should! But where would we go?”

“How about an amusement park?”

“Yeah! I’ve never been to an amusement park,” I admitted.

“What do you guys think?” Hoseok asked Namjoon and Yoonggi.

“No way,” Yoonggi said, “you guys go if you want, but I’m not going. I hate amusement parks.”

“I’ll go,” Namjoon said.

“Great!” Hoseok said, “then lets meet at the entrance tomorrow at 1.”

“I wanna go,” Jimin said, suddenly appearing behind Hoseok.

J-Hope pushed Jimin’s forehead with his finger. “You have your job to do and we have ours,” he said playfully but sternly.

“But I need inspiration too,” Jimin whined.

J-Hope just looked at him with a mischievous glare.

“Fine,” Jimin said, “I see how it is!” He stormed off like a little child and I couldn’t help but chuckle silently.

Hoseok turned to look at both of us again, “See you tomorrow then?”

I smiled at Hoseok and then glanced over at Namjoon. “Yeah. Tomorrow.”

 


Note:

 

Hi all!

I'm sorry it has taken me SOOO long to update this story. I had this section mostly written, but I have been so busy with work the last couple weeks I've felt like I wanted to explode lol. 

Anyhow, hope you like this section! Please keep on commenting! It makes me so happy to get your input and it inspires me to keep writing more ^^

~ Serin ~