Chapter 2

AU - Trust Me

PG 14, italic words are Leo's thoughts

==========================

Taekwoon steps into the small family restaurant. The smell of delicious food and his friend's waving hand greet him. He comes over and takes a seat on the opposite side of the table.

"Annyeong."

"Annyeong."

"You look very dressy for a family restaurant. Any special occasion?" Jinri is wearing a whole black and white formal tuxedo outfit. The only thing his friend is missing is a hat. The shoulder length hair is tied into a small ponytail in the back.

Jinri laughs, "my grandma's birthday is today. I come dressing like this to piss some relatives off." His friend starts tugging on the bowtie to loosen it. "Where's your boyfriend. It's rare that you come to eat alone on your workday. I know he drives you here."

"He has to go and picks up his sister's birthday cake he orders. He'll be here in another 10 minutes." Taekwoon tells a worker he wants some tea. "And stop calling Wonshik my boyfriend. That was why one of my exes broke up with me." 

Jinri laughs cheerfully. "It's still funny to me how her face looked when I asked you when your boyfriend was coming and you replied back that he was stuck in traffic."

"Aish," Taekwoon shakes his head at Jinri. "This is why you should stop referring to Wonshik as my boyfriend. It gets stuck in my head whenever I talk to you."

"You should just date each other already. I see him calling you cute often enough." Jinri grins mischievously.

Taekwoon leans against his chair to let the worker starts setting up their hotpot on the table. "He's just teasing me because he knows I don't like it. Just like he doesn't bother to call me hyung anymore after he met me in just a month."

Jinri shrugs. "You two still look better together than you with all your exes. How's Sanghee? Did she really break up with you?"

Taekwoon starts putting beef into the boiling soup. Wonshik should be coming in anytime now anyway. "Yes she did. I called her twice the next day to try to explain again but she didn't pick up the phone. I didn't bother anymore after that."

"I thought you like her more than usual. Why gives up so fast?" Jinri frowns, "Give me her number, I'll explain the misunderstanding. Sorry it was my fault."

He takes out some cooked beef and puts them into Jinri's bowl, and then his bowl. "Don't worry. It's not your fault. It's not a big loss." They didn't officially go out that long. The few time she met Jinri, he didn't like the way she looked at his friend. He thought once she got used to the initial surprise, she would change but she didn't.

Jinri blows on some pieces of beef and starts eating them. "Blame your couch then and the fact that you forgot to lock your door. How many time have I say you need to buy a new couch. Your small couch is so uncomfortable. By morning my back couldn't handle it anymore. So I came and laid on your bed when you went to take a shower. I was still hang over and sleepy. I think I gave her the wrong idea when I said something about my back hurt after the long night."

"Wow I didn't know I had that much of an exciting night." Taekwoon smiles and Jinri giggles and then gives a wave. Taekwoon turns around to see Wonshik walking toward them. "Annyeong"

"Annyeong." Wonshik takes the chair next to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon starts putting some cooked meat into Wonshik's bowl. "I did offer you my bed and I take the couch."

Jinri laughs again. "No no thank you. If something happens to your back Wonshik will never forgive me for letting something happens to his precious model."

Wonshik's deeper laughter joins in "I think he's keeping that couch so that people will refuse to crash at his place."

Taekwoon looks back and forth at his two friends with an amused expression. "You two just love to make fun of me."

"Buy a new couch then."

"You need a new couch."

----------------------

Taekwoon takes a seat next to Hakyeon, who is in the same modelling agency as him. He taps his marker to play around with it. Today is a fan signing event for a collaboration photobook. This time around Taekwoon, Hakyeon and along with two other male models release a photobook together. Last year photobook contained images from a mixture of male and female models. Hakyeon reminds him of Wonshik sometimes with his dependability and his caring toward other people. Too bad he's a louder and pushier version of Wonshik.

He takes a drink out of his bottle and feels some kind of dust or lint on his lips. He tries to pick it out of his lips but fail. Darn there's no mirror here. Wonshik as if hearing a silent signal comes over and checks up on him. When Taekwoon fails one again to locate the lint, he stays still and lets Wonshik picks it off him. Wonshik also brushes something off Taekwoon's cardigan. He gives Taekwoon a smile before going back to his staff spot.

"Ah if only my manager is that caring toward me." Hakyeon jokes.

Taekwoon smiles but otherwise says nothing.

Hakyeon cleans closer, presses against his side and lowers his voice. "Every year CEO-nim would ask Wonshik to become the manager for up and coming newcomers, especially the promising ones. Wonshik is great with his job and every year he gets more connections. He always refused CEO-nim though and wanted to stay as your manager. I think CEO-nim gives up because he doesn't bother asking this year.

Taekwoon nods and taps his head lightly against Hakyeon. "Thank you."

Hakyeon makes an oh with his mouth, grins and promptly pokes Taekwoon's cheek. He quickly leans away and sits back in his proper spot before Taekwoon can think of how to retaliate.

Switching managers are nothing new in the agency. Most often it's the big bosses that dictate the switching; the managers and models have no say in them. He never knew Wonshik was asked to manage someone else before. Wonshik never tell him any of this. He looks up to where Wonshik was standing previously and his manager was nowhere in sight. He looks back and forth, front and centre searching for the familiar figure. He frowns. Where did Wonshik go?

"Taekwoon"

Wonshik appears out of somewhere and stands behind him. He taps Taekwoon's shoulder and leans his head closer to Taekwoon's level. Their faces are almost touching. "What's wrong?"

".... I'm hungry." He finally replies after a few moment of silence.

Wonshik chuckles against his ear. "Here I left to get you a bun. Two more hours and that's it for today."

Taekwoon nods and starts eating the bun. "I want chicken." He says between chewing.

"Then we'll have chicken." Wonshik pats his arm.

=================

WHERE'S THE ROMANCE? What's with all the food and random talking.

It's coming slowly but I think I make some progress in this chapter.

By the time I edit this as much as I can and post it, I'm already writing Chapter 3. I have an idea for it. There won't food taking half the chapter xD I can't guarantee though. I wrote Ch 3 already.

LOL xD Leo's love(?) diary and food diary. Thank you for your continue interest ^^