Chapter 3

AU - Trust Me

PG 14. Italic words are Leo's thought.

I'm actually a bit apprehended in posting this chapter. But here we go.

===============================

Once their make-ups are done, Jinri and Taekwoon walk to the spot where most of the photoshoot will take place today. It's a nice day to work in a park. The wind is calm right now and the beautiful sky is so blue. His mood feels light as air. Today they have one of the regular photographers Taekwoon works with once in awhile. No matter which magazine Hongbin hyung is contracted at the moment, he usually prefers using at least one local model and he happens to use Jinri a lot. Jinri and Taekwoon both wear similar shorts, loose short-sleeves tops, and sneakers for a spring theme. The both of them smile and try different poses together before the shoot starts. It's always easy to have fun around Jinri. Wonshik once again takes out his phone and takes some shots of them to upload to SNS.

<<<<

Jinri was one year younger than him, and joined the Taekwondo's team as an assistance because due to some issues wasn't allowed to join the team roster. They had stayed in touch after highschool. One day Wonshik came down with food poisoning and had to request Jinri to be Taekwon's assistance for the day. It was their luck that Jinri didn't have any theatre play that day. That was when Hongbin hyung first met Jinri.

"You there, are you a girl or a boy? You look too pretty to be a boy."

"What do you mean too pretty to be a boy. What about you? Want to put a long wig on your head and look yourself in the mirror?" Jinri had smirked and retorted right away. Taekwoon coughed and covered his mouth with his hand to hide his laugh.

"Sorry that's not what I mean. I mean to say you look pretty, I mean you have good looks. I mean one of our female models is sick. I need someone to stand in." Hongbin pushed on not waiting for a reply. "Can you wear a dress? It's long don't worry." Again not waiting for a reply, he went and grabbed the dress and started putting it near Jinri this way and that way and momentarily lost in his artistic thought.

>>>>

That was how Jinri becomes part-time model for fun. Most of the time it is for small local gigs if the photographer is not Hongbin hyung.

"Sulli, Leo, let's start before the wind picks up." Sulli is Jinri's professional theatrical stage name. Hongbin likes the name so it sticks.

------------------

"What are we doing here?" Taekwoon asks as Wonshik neatly parks the car outside of a shopping mall plaza. Is there a restaurant in there? Not that he minds, any food is good to eat when he's hungry. Wonshik doesn't discuss yet with him what they should eat for dinner like usual. Taekwoon also doesn't bother to ask on the way here because as a routine after work they usually go and find something to eat.

"We are here to look for a new couch." Wonshik grins and puts a hand to Taekwoon's elbow to steer him in the direction of the mall's entrance.

Taekwoon looks at his friend dubiously. He never discusses buying a couch. Fine whatever. In the end he still follows Wonshik.

"Jinri's birthday is coming up. I was told to tell you that as a birthday gift 'please buy a new couch.' Us three will share the cost equally."

Taekwoon feels he has no choice but nods but he murmurs softly to himself, "but you said not to buy a better couch."

Wonshik catches his low words though for he looks confused. "I told you what? Why would I say that?"

He presses his lips together, felling slightly miffed, and thinks over in his head for a little bit. "Long time ago you said don't buy a new couch. If I have a soft couch it would be bad if you keep crashing over at my place." He takes a deep breath in and exhales out because he starts to get annoyed at Wonshik. They should have at least eat first before going to look for a new couch that he was told not to buy before. Make up your mind.

"Ooooh." Wonshik smiles and pats him in the back. "Don't look grumpy. What I meant was we were together so much that it would be bothersome for you if you had to see my face after work too."

Oh so that was what he meant. Taekwoon's anger slowly deflates. In all the years that they have known each other, he never stays mad at Wonshik for long.

Wonshik pats him again. "I can't believe you really take my words for that. You are just too cute."

He walks away so Wonshik won't see his small smile.

"Too cute."

"I'm hungry, let's go find a couch fast."

"Ye."

-----------------

A week later Wonshik sleeps on Taekwoon's new couch. He has a midnight photoshoot that drags on for two hours. By the time they get back to his apartment it is already 3 AM. Taekwoon wakes up first in the morning and comes out to see Wonshik sleeping with his mouth lightly opens and snoring loudly. Something never changes. He sits down on the floor and gently taps Wonshik's face a few times. It's late afternoon now and they can't sleep the whole day away.

Wonshik's snoring stops and he opens his eyes slowly. He blinks a few time and squints at Taekwoon. He shifts his body to turn sideway. "Taekwoonie," He smiles and pats Taekwoon's head. "Taekwoonie." He pulls Taekwoon's head down to his chest and puts his face on top of Taekwoon's hair and starts snoring shortly again.

Taekwoon has to adjust his body because of the awkward angle and his nose needs to breath in oxygen. He sits still debating what to do while his head was being hugged against his friend's chest. It feels sort of nice even though his heart beats a little faster and his stomach flutters weirdly. Nevertheless his heart likes the warm feeling being this near to Wonshik. He has always listen to his mind and body before and he will not change now. Wonshik shouldn't have worry about bothering him. He never minds his friend's constant present. He may as well close his eyes for a bit. Today is his day off anyway.

=========================

urg urg urg. I have apprehension with all the parts of this chapter. I'm especially not sure about the ending. I think I make the scene too simplistic. But my head doesn't give me any other idea. I don't want Leo to act out of character so fast but at the same time they are not teenager and Leo has relationships before. I always like my WonTaek to be slow and steady. Anyway thanks to this chapter, I now have an ending. However my mind doesn't give me clear idea on how to connect this chapter to that ending. I think there will be 2-3 more chapters or 3-4 more chapters if the side characters show up in them. I like side characters. It bugged me in the past whenever I read stories (not fanfictions) that all the focused was placed on the relationship and nothing else was in that bubble. People have lives, friends/family and work. Sorry for the long note. I'm just anxious about this chapter.