Extra 1 - Part 2

AU - Trust Me

Part 2 comes directly after Part 1.

Taekwoon's father's birthday.

=======================

"So Taekwoon are you dating anyone right now?" One of his sisters asked. Whenever they called each other to catch up on news. She always asked who he was dating at the moment or was he single again. He seriously was not a serial dater. There was only so much to talk about during those kind of phonecalls.

"Yes I am." He answered promptly. He forced his eyes to not sneak a glance at Wonshik who was sitting right next to him on the couch. He patted his niece's hair instead who was sitting on his lap playing with some kind of toy. He was the youngest in the family and all three of his sisters were now married with one or two kids. The house right now was filled with the sound of children running around and talking really loudly.

His sister smiled at the news. "Is she pretty? Someone well known in your industry?" 

"Erm yeah. And no." He felt uncomfortable with these lies he was telling his sister. He wondered how his family would react if he told them he was going out with Wonshik. Not that he planned or wanted to hide. It just didn't occur to him to tell them until he was reminded of his father's birthday. He wished Jinri was here right now. She could impart some of her wisdom or at least her life experience and gave him some advice. She had a rockier life compared to him. Amazingly she always took them all in stride.

"How's Jinri?" His sister dropped the subject. She knew not to push him when he didn't want to talk about his relationship. "The last time I saw her in a newspaper, she was linked to some younger famous male idol." His sister looked much more excited in asking about Jinri than about him.

"Why? Is that idol someone you worship?" Taekwoon smirked. He was glad for the change in topic.

She laughed as she leaned over the table and hit him on the arm. "Shut up Taekwoonie."

"I can't tell you anything. My lips are sealed. Who knows. You may contact a newspaper after our talk." He bounced his laps to rock his niece who was babbling some random words. His sister laughed as she hit him again.

When the whole family sat down together to eat, it was Wonshik's turn to be asked about his relationship status. It was his father who asked this time. "Do you plan to keep on being an agent Wonshik?"

"Yes."

"What about marriage? Would you prefer to marry someone who works in the industry? Would you like her to stay at home?"

Taekwoon watched his boyfriend's face as he talked to Taekwoon's father. He was kind of envious how composed Wonshik looked. His heart had been beating at a faster rate for a while now.

"No I'm not going to marry someone who works in my industry." Taekwoon looked down at his food. His heartbeat returned back to normal. Wonshik continued talking and making Taekwoon loosing his appetite. "The person I'm going to marry won't want to stay at home. My partner will be surrounded by kids or teenagers at work." 

"You sure know what you want in life. That's great. Everyone should have goals and dreams to strive for." Taekwoon's father voice was full of approval. He wondered if his father would think the same of him if Taekwoon told him what he wanted for his future.

----------

"You have been very quiet today."

The two of them were walking side by side at night going around Taekwoon's neighbourhood. Wonshik recommended that they took a walk. So here they were, walking around aimlessly. They still had to sleep over at his parents' house for the night before they leave tomorrow afternoon. 

Taekwoon only shook his head. He was being childish but he didn't feel like talking or even answered a simple question. Wonshik put a hand to his arm to stop him. He lifted Taekwoon's jaw so they were looking straight at each other.

"Tell me what I did wrong to upset you." Wonshik looked concern. At Taekwoon's silence, he continued talking. "You haven't look properly at me all evening." Now Wonshik started frowning. "The last time you stopped talking to me. It freaked me out. Don't do this a second time."

Taekwoon pushed Wonshik's hand away from his face but he held onto his boyfriend's elbow to appease him. They were outside his old neighbourhood after all.

Wonshik's face softened. "Tell me."

"You... You... How long do you plan on dating me?" He watched Wonshik's reaction carefully.

The frown was back again, coupled with confusion. "Hopefully for a long long time."

"How long is a long time? Long enough for you to find someone and gets married?" His gripped Wonshik's elbow tighter as his heart ached.

Suddenly Wonshik twisted his arm out of Taekwoon's hold. He grabbed Taekwoon's arm instead and dragged him to a nearby fence under a big tree. Their lips touched as Wonshik started kissing him. The kiss was quickly finished too soon leaving him wanting more and needing more of his boyfriend's touch and skin contact. The walk home was quiet with Wonshik walking quickly and holding Taekwoon's elbow. He let go when they got near Taekwoon's house. When the both of them entered his childhood bedroom, Wonshik locked the door. He came and sat down on the bed. He patted the spot next to him. So Taekwoon came and sat down too.

Wonshik put both hands on Taekwoon's shoulders and gazes at him tenderly. "Can you tell when I'm hungry?" He asked in a low and soft voice so his words wouldn't be overheard from the outside.

"Huh? What?" The sudden question confused him.

"Can you guess when I'm hungry?" Wonshik asked again patiently.

"Um" Taekwoon forced his brain to focus on answering the weird question. They just ate 2 hours ago. Wonshik couldn't be hungry already. "When it's almost time to eat? When you suggest we go eat first instead of going to the next appointment?"

"I can tell when you are hungry."

"You do?

"Yes"

"O...okay."

Wonshik smiled. He let go of Taekwoon's shoulder to hold his hands instead. "When your eyes started flicking around a lot when someone talk too long. When you start shifting your legs and keep sniffing your nose. When you answer questions faster than you normally do."

Taekwoon smiled even though he still didn't quite understand. But it was okay because he loved the way Wonshik was looking at him.

"I know lots about you Taekwoon. I have been watching you for years. I wonder for a long time when you would finally be mine. I hope you continue being with me even after you become a teacher and is surrounded by kids everyday till you are sick of them."

Taekwoon could only think to push his boyfriend down on his bed and kissed him until he could show adequately how sorry he was for making Wonshik worry.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Major Time skip

"Jaehwan!"

Jaehwan snapped to attention and turned his focus back to the front. "Yes Seonsaengnim."

"Do you know what you did wrong?"

The young man nodded his head rapidly. "Yes Seonsaengnim."

Taekwoon just signed. He bet Jaehwan would get distracted once again half an hour later. "Just read the next passage please. Bare with me everyone. It's only one more week until your highschool graduation is here. You will be happy not to see me my face anymore."

The sound of "awww" went around the room. Some were less genuine than others. Whatever. He had learned not to get offended. Some people didn't possess the attention span to be stuck in school for hours on end. Years after years, the board of education still didn't understand that people absolved knowledge in different ways.

--------

He stood up and clapped along with everyone as the last of the student received their diploma.  

"Seonsaengnim." He stopped walking in the school yard when a few of his now graduated students called him. Their giggles didn't leave a good feeling in his gut. 

"What is it?" He gave a small smile. He half dreaded their answer.

"Can you sign these posters for us please?" One girl shove a big poster before him. He slowly uncoiled the said poster and his face immediately burned up.

"Yah I told you kids not to bring these things to school anymore. It's forbidden."

They complained with a round of "awww noooo". "This is our last day of school. Please sign it please. You look so handsome. Not that you still don't look handsome now."

"I don't have..." A marker was shoved right near his eyes. They had come prepared. At least they had listened to him and didn't bring anymore old pictures of his modeling years until today. Every new semester, there would be one student that for some unfathomable reason would find out about his old modeling job.

He bowed his head lightly to hide his flushed face from their eager gazes. He signed the posters as quickly as he could. They just had to pick one of the posters where he had red hair and was wearing a half opened sweater showing most of his chest. At least it was better than last year where one of the posters was of him laying on top of a female model. Arrgg really sometimes he just wanted to sink into the earth.

Taekwoon checked his phone again as he stood outside the school's yard. Ah right on time. Wonshik had always been punctual. Wonshik stopped the car but didn't wait for Taekwoon to simply get in. He stepped out of his car and gave a small wave to some of the boys and girls standing outside. He looked great today as always. He was wearing square glasses with his hair slicked back to the left. He looked more like a teacher than Taekwoon, minus the suit he was wearing.

"Get in." Taekwoon practically growled before he got in the car himself. "Stop giving them more excuses to make fun of me. You are a well known agent. You picking me half of the time just make them think I'm still secretly modeling somewhere."

His forever annoying boyfriend laughed heartily before he carefully maneuvered the car out to avoid any walking students and drove away. Bye school. Regretfully, he would be back in another 2 months. His grandmother was right. Being a teacher was a steady job but sometimes the kids drove him crazy. He was 40 years old now. Sometimes he couldn't imagine doing this job for another 20 years.

"You are just too easy to tease."

"Easy for you to say. Maybe I should ask for a transfer to an elementary school instead." Taekwoon stared out of the passenger window.

When the car stopped at the red light, Wonshik reached over with his right hand and held Taekwoon's left hand. He rubbed his thumb slowly over Taekwoon's. Taekwoon returned back the grip, liking the skin contact. His anger slowly fizzled. He never could stay mad at Wonshik long. Just seeing Wonshik's face everyday after work energized his mind and body. He would never tell Wonshik that. It would be too embarrassing. 10 years ago when he told Wonshik that his heart and body had chosen him long time ago, even before Taekwoon realized it himself. It took him months to get over his embarrassment for saying that lame confession. Wonshik himself finally stopped bringing up that line after Taekwoon accidentally kicked him too strong in the stomach after one too many teasing.

It took Wonshik another month to stop using the line 'nurse me back to health'.

Even if he wanted a boring life days in and days out. Wonshik would need to stop teasing him first before that could happen. They were currently living in a bigger apartment with another king size bed.

 

=========================

/end

I have no idea how to end this extra so I'll just end it like this.