Chapter 4

AU - Trust Me

PG 14, italic words are Leo's thoughts. Random people's names are taken from a baby name website.

=================

Taekwoon stares at the huge celebratory cake in the middle of the ballroom and wonders when the magazine founder will make his speech and finally cuts the cake. They have been here mingling for 2 hours already. 

"My heels are killing my feet." Jinri complains softly next to him. "Wonshik, tell Taekwoon I'm going to sit down in that corner over there. He's making love to that cake with his eyes."

Taekwoon along with some other models from his agency are invited to this celebratory party for a fashion magazine's 50th birthday since launching. He brings Jinri along as his guest.

He turns his eyes away from the cake and follows his two friends. "You should have worn wedge shoes or whatever those shoes called that have no single tall heels."

"No high heels look better with my dress. Someone recommended me this brand. I will never trust that person again." Jinri sighs in relief and wiggles sore bare feet. 

"You want some snacks? I can get you some." Taekwoon offers. Food makes everything better.

"Sure why not."

Wonshik stands up from his seat next to Jinri. "Want my help?"

"Nah I won't get much."

Jinri laughs, "don't get lost or your boyfriend has to go and tracks you down."

He gives Jinri an exasperated look and heads for the next room. As he piles some sweet buns and fruits onto a plate he spots a familiar face among the crowd of people, a women he dated and broke up one year ago. He gives her a small smile and a nod when her eyes also spot him. She gives a friendly smile back. After they ran into each other various times at mutual acquaintances' parties and social events, she was interested in him and made her intention clear. His body wanted her so they gave dating a try. They didn't have much in common and eventually drifted apart.

He walks back to where his two friends are and hand them the plate of food. He takes a bun for himself and starts eating. Not that he's a serial dater but when you are a model and you date other models, it's inevitable that you will run into your exes at one point or another. "I'll be back in a bit." He tells his friend as he heads toward a couple who is currently talking nearby. "Annyeong"

Hakyeon and another one of his exes smile when he appears before them.

"Annyeong"

"Annyeong"

Hakyeon steps away and starts looking for someone else to talk to.

He smiles down at her. "Congratulation. I read about your engagement in the paper."

She returns his smile. Her entire face radiates with happiness. "Thank you."

Sooyun and him broke up two years ago. His heart liked her so with Jinri's encouragement and advice, he tried his best to flirt with her till she agreed to go out with him. She was his longest girlfriend. They broke up because they were at different stages in their life. Sooyun always knew she wanted a family at a young age and his mind wasn't ready for that big commitment. He's honestly ecstatic for her. She's such an sweet and wonderful person. After catching up with her and offers his congratulation again, Taekwoon joins his friends and other people in watching the magazine founder finally starts giving his speech. After a while Taekwoon looks to his right as he feels someone standing a little too close to his personal space who are not his two friends. The room is not that small and there is plenty of space if people want to avoid standing too close to others. A woman who he sorts of recognize from attending mutual events smiles up flirtatiously at him. He has dated enough to read the signal when someone is interested in him. It has been a while. He gives her a small smile and takes his time thinking over in his head. His body does want even if his heart is silent. Should he?

"Taekwoon"

He turns around at his name and finds that Wonshik is not next to him anymore.

"Taekwoon"

His gaze flickers left and right and finally locates his friend who is currently standing next to someone Taekwoon probably has to give his greeting to. He looks back at the woman, says a small sorry as he smiles one last time at her.

He comes over and gives the appropriate greeting and a bow that are expected of him. Wonshik must have been arranging this deal because he is told shortly later that he will have another cameo in one of the current running dramas. He will act as a coffee barista in the cafe the main character likes to drop by. After both side gives their parting and say their good luck, Wonshik drapes his arms around Taekwoon's body and gives him a happy hug.

Taekwoon's heart increases its tempo telling him it's happy. He returns his friend's hug and his body feels warm. A tingling feeling spreads throughout his body. When the hug finishes, his heart slows down somewhat but still beats faster than its normal rhythm. he is more confused with what his body wants. It seems to detest loosing his friend's body heat even if that same body heat gives his body a tiny bit of jittery. He must have zoned out in his head because Wonshik taps his arm a few times.

"Something wrong?" Wonshik puts his face close to his. They are of the same height hence whenever they stand this close, they always look at each other right in the eyes.

Taekwoon flicks his eyes away from Wonshik's and stares at his friend's forehead instead. Anxiousness or whatever this feeling that he doesn't know the correct word for should be the last thing his body feels around his friend. With the amount of time they are together, they are almost each other's shadow. Hakyeon had once joke that wherever one was, the other one was close by.

On the drive home, he stays quiet and stares outside the car's window. He can feel Wonshik's and Jinri's worry gaze checking his face.

When he comes back from his bathroom, he sees an text from Jinri. "I'm always here if you want to have a talk." 

Five minutes later he gets another text. "Even if it's about Wonshik."

He stares at his phone wondering what Jinri means and in what way." He himself is not even sure what his body and heart want to tell him or want him to do. He turns off the light and gets under his cover. His body doesn't let his mind rest. He feels cold.

His phone gets another text message. "Yes if you don't like something about Wonshik. No if you don't have any problem with him. ??? if you are not sure."

He falls asleep without giving back any answer. 

The next morning Wonshik picks him up outside his apartment. Wonshik watches his face as he gets in the car and gives him a tentatively smile. He smiles back. His heart is calm and steady. His body's regular temperature is normal.

===============================

Ah my struggle and failure to write emotion. I try hard not to make Leo seems like a Robot Leo who suddenly has these emotions and doesn't know what to do with them. I always turn any fluff fic Leo into either a sadist Leo or a robotLeo. He's a human being with feeling... and stuff. Thanks for reading everyone :)

 

 

After this fic is done. I have to force myself not to write for a week. Writing almost constantly for the last few months is making my mood bad at work. I don't know why. I'm weird. Maybe I'm just having NEO and LeoBin withdrawals. I need to stop writing so I can read.

/keel over