Chapter 1

AU - Trust Me

PG or even G.

italic words are thoughts. Leo's POV

======================

"Taekwoon"

Taekwoon stays seated on his chair and turns his head to the left where his manager's voice is coming from.

"Didn't you just leave for a washroom break." Wonshik stops before him and carefully fixes some strands of his hair. "The hair on top of your head is sticking up."

"I saw a cat under a bench so I bent down." He replies in his normal soft voice. He sits still letting Wonshik fusses with his hair.

"You didn't just bend down didn't you?" Wonshik guesses. He stays quiet, his manager and his friend knows him too well anyway. Wonshik continues on, "why is there even a cat in this warehouse anyway." He steps back and smiles, satisfied with his fix.

Taekwoon directs his gaze in the direction where he last headed for the washroom and saw the cat. "Maybe someone feeds him." He says with a small hope in his voice.

Wonshik takes out his phone. "You can feed him later after the photoshoot." Taekwoon smiles and his friend start taking a few snapshots of him as he has done so many time before. "If and if we see the cat again. Don't go looking for it. We are here for a job and this is not a public park. It's bad business to offend people." He nods lightly. 

His friend does some stuffs with his phone, probably uploading the picture to Taekwoon's SNS to promote his current photoshoot and to keep in touch with his fans. It's Taekwoon's official model account but in actuality Wonshik is the one who runs it. Most of his fan knows it too by now.

"Leo, let's start." Taekwoon gets off his chair and enters the the shooting area. Today concept is zombie. He's not sure how a zombie concept fits sport drink but he's sure some clever marketer will connect the two together. After acting and walking like a zombie, he starts to pose pretending to drink the sport drink. Can't drink too much since his bladder is only so big. Whenever the camera man pauses to check the pictures, he will always see Wonshik in the corner giving him thumps up to silently encouraging him on. That or Wonshik will be on the phone discussing his next job offer, and at the same time he always keeps Taekwoon in his peripheral vision.

It's good that Wonshik stays with him after he switched agency or more accurately he quitted his first agency. His friend is very good with words and he's always been able to talk very diplomatically with important people using the right language.

<<<<<

Leo was the model name his first agency gave him. He was scouted when an agent saw him at a Taekwondo competition at age 18. The agent liked Taekwoon's sport physic and tall height. He pursued him day in and day out at his school gate, and eventually Taekwoon gave in and agreed to try out. He met Wonshik there who was working as an intern. Even at 16 years old of age, Wonshik was a very dependable and hard working kid who many people trusted him to do his job. He often followed Wonshik's assigned manager around as an assistant.

"Leo, you are eating again." His assigned manager chided him.

Taekwoon shook his head even though he continued chewing on the bread in his mouth.

His manager could only laugh, "stop eating you. You are making me mad."

Wonshik chuckled good-naturedly. "He can eat if he's hungry."

"But it's an hour before the photoshoot." The manager grumbled.

"It's just a small bun. It won't affect his tone stomach." Wonshik was actually the one who sneaked him the bread when he complained he was hungry 15 minutes ago. Wonshik continued speaking to appease the manager. "He exercises almost everyday. Small snack here and there is okay." He had had always been good with his words.

"Aish." The manager gave up and sat down to focus on the set again.

When Taekwoon left that agency two years after he joined, Wonshik also quitted that same day. "Trust me." He beseeched Taekwoon not to give up on modeling all together. "Let's join a new agency. People will see that you have potential. Just leave the talking up to me." His friend was always good with his words. "Trust me." Taekwoon did trust him.

>>>>>>

Before being casted for modeling, he always took his grandmother's word to heart that to have a good life he needed to have a steady job such as teaching. He remembers Wonshik's word as if it was yesterday. "You can always study to become a teacher later."

He's now 24 years old. He's at the age where many models start to retire and look for other kind of jobs. He's more lucky than some. His random cameos in music videos and TV shows help keep him in the public's mind longer.

"Taekwoon." His friend puts a hand to his arm and Taekwoon turns to follow his friend to wherever one of today's jobs takes place. This job happens to be a guest spot for the day on Style Log, a fashion show. He bows to the MCs and introduces himself. "Annyeong hasaeyo Leo imnida."

After all this time, he's still sometimes not use to this style of cameras pointing at him. He feels more confident behind the camera lenses when all he has to pose, or act and say his practiced lines. No one ever has problems with him when it come to delivering his works even when he was a rookie. The MCs starts asking him questions a bit too fast for him to compose his answer and his brain freezes and blanks out. Wonshik who is near him smiles catching everyone's attention. "He likes to speak with his inner voice." He makes a show of waving his finger before Taekwoon's chest. "Please give him time for his inner voice to get bigger." Taekwoon smiles shyly and gives a tiny nod. Wonshik has a list of rules that he requests him to follow. One of the rule lists that whenever Taekwoon is not sure how to react, always smiles. "You are cute when you smile. Some people can be charm with just a smile."

The MCs smile back at him. "Okay our shy Taekwoon-shi. Let take it one more time. We are very glad to have you here today with us. Viewers, today we will follow him around, showing you guys behind the scene of his works. We will discuss his favourite styles of clothing and what he likes to look for when he go shopping. And in case there is any new Leo-Angel watching this show, the handsome manager next to Leo-shi is Wonshik-shi. There are even a couple of fansites dedicating to him. It's not hard to understand why. Just look at his handsome face and dare we say equally great body. His constant present around him Leo-shi garners him a lot of attention."

Wonshik just laughs at the MCs' words. His genuine laugher always brightens up the atmosphere. Taekwoon really is lucky to have him as his manager.

---------------------

"It's still 8 o'clock. What do you like to eat tonight?" Wonshik asks as he navigates the car out of the parking lot. Another one of Wonshik's rule states that no eating after 10 o'clock unless it's for a big celebration. He reasons that "you do exercise 4 days a week after all. Eating at night once awhile is okay." Taekwoon just clapped and nodded when he first heard about the exception.

He yawns tiredly. "I want to eat some noodle with meat." He closes his eyes and leans his body against passenger seat. Later Wonshik gently taps his face and ruffles his hair to wake him up. Taekwoon unbuckles the seatbelt and steps out with unsteady feet almost falling except he collides into Wonshik instead. Wonshik easily puts his arms around Taekwoon's upper body to steady him; their bodies pressed tightly against each other. He then helps Taekwoon stand up straight. The MCs the other day were correct. His friend does have a great body. Wonshik trains together often with him to motivate and keeps him company. Actually wherever he goes, Wonshik is there. The only time they are not together is when he's sleeping or he's out with some other people during his days off. Even then sometimes Wonshik will tag along when he knows for sure there will be drinking involves. "You at alcohol." 

"Erm annyeong haseyo." A girl/young woman appears at their table. Both men stop eating and looks at her. The girl gives a slight bow excitedly. "Leo-shi, I'm a fan of yours. Do you mind if I take a picture of you?"

Their agency actually has a no personal fan photos policy. However years ago Wonshik had spent a long time arguing that since Taekwoon could appear to be unapproachable with his quietness, even posing for pictures can help dispel some of his cold image. The agency had reluctantly agreed and gave in to Wonshik.

Taekwoon nods and gives a small smile. He stares directly into her camera waiting for her to take his picture. "Erm," the girl blushes. "Can you do a cute pose?"

"Make a heart with your arms for her." His friend offers an unhelpful advice from across the table.

He glares at his friend half exasperated, half embarrassed. What did I do to deserve this? He was good all day and people even complimented his work ethic. His fan looks way too excited now. She practically has stars in her eyes waiting for him. He will feel like such an to turn her down. Oh geeze He tries and tries to put his arms around his head to form a heart. His embarrassment overloads his brain too much. He gives up and puts his face down on the table to hide his reddened face.

The person who he thought was his friend laughs at him. His brain always makes him forget that his supposed friend has forced him to do many embarrassing aegyo before for his fans. His brain just doesn't want to remember all the mortification. "Come on Taekwoonie, I'll help you." The unhelpful friend comes around and makes him lift his face off the table. After a few attempts, with Wonshik using his hands to keep Taekwoon's arms in place, he finally forms a heart for his fan to capture.

After the fan leaves, Taekwoon elbows Wonshik away from him and grumpily eats his food. His supposed friend only laughs again and pats the top of his head. "Cute."

===========================

Where's the ROMANCE you probably ask?

I DON'T KNow. I only have these kind of interactions in my mind right now. LOL This may turns into Leo's love diary but it will be twice as long and probably only fill with Leo's thoughts such as "he feeds me, he drives me to work, he drives me around, I eat, he eat, he drives me home." It will be WonTaek 24hrs but without the romance.

It won't turn into that since Leo's simple thoughts can only fill so many chapters before I give up. The romance will be very slow in this one.

Thanks for checking out this story and read till the end. Thank you.