챕터 6 ( Chapter 6 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

Jessica, waking up and looked around and recognized the now-familiar surroundings, it’s Taeyeon’s room, again. Upon waking up, she felt strange, she looked down at herself and realized something that freaked her out for a moment, she wasn’t wearing the clothes she wore, instead she was wearing an over-sized t-shirt with a skull printed on it.

After looking around her again, she realized that Taeyeon is still sleeping, beside her, with a book on her chest. She took the book and laid it on the table beside her, then she covered Taeyeon with the blanket thinking that she would be cold. She laid back down, staring at the latter, thinking back at what happened at the library, she hated it, hated what Yuri, her ex-lover, had become.

Staring at the latter, a small smile appeared on her face, thinking about how Taeyeon had came and saved her earlier, how she stood up for her and what she had said about her. Without her knowing, she might be slowly falling for the latter.

Taeyeon woke up feeling like someone is watching her, she opened her eyes and saw Jessica staring at her, she smiled softly at the latter.

Since when did you wake up?”

About 5 minutes ago…”

Hungry?”

Yeah…”

Then Jessica remembered, her clothes.

Hey…”

Hmm?”

Umm…what happened to my clothes…?”

Oh…t-that…I had to change it…b-but I didn’t do anything, I swear!” Taeyeon says as she holds her hands up.

Ah…it’s fine…” Jessica smiled internally.

Taeyeon got up and went to the kitchen, opened the fridge and saw that there was not much to cook for two, so she asked Jessica.

Do you want to eat out…? There’s nothing much in my fridge…”

“…oh okay…”

Taeyeon smiled at Jessica, then she remembered that she is still wearing the shirt she had gave her.

Jessica…”

“…yes?”

“…wait here…”

Taeyeon went to her room and opened her wardrobe, she took a white V-neck, pink coat, and a jeans. She went out and gave it to Jessica. Jessica looked at Taeyeon puzzled.

“…uh…for you to wear…since you’re wearing that…”

“…oh…yeah…I forgot…thanks I’ll go change…”

Jessica went to change in the bathroom, while Taeyeon is there waiting, sitting on the sofa, thinking about what had happened in the library, it angered her, definitely, but as she thought about it more, the more she wonders, why. Why would Yuri come back to Jessica, what ever happened to Tiffany? That question itself is painful to her, it angers her to think about it but she just couldn’t, couldn’t stop thinking about why.

Then her train of thoughts was cut by Jessica, in awe or in a trance, she just kept gaping or staring at the latter.

“…what’s wrong…?”

Not getting any response, Jessica walked towards her and waved her hands in front of Taeyeon.

“…what?”

“…nothing. You were day-dreaming so…”

Oh…shall we go now…?”

Okay…”

~Earlier in the library after Taeyeon and Jessica left~

Yuri still laying on the floor, looking at the ceiling. All of a sudden, a woman came out from the behind of a bookshelf, scoffing. Yuri recognized and turned around to see the latter. She smiled and said.

Kim Taeyeon, your ex. She’s one hell of a fighter huh, Tiffany.”

You should’ve known that by now. Judging by the fact that this isn’t the first time you were punched by her.”

Hmm…”

Come on…”

What?”

Well, we do have to get your face fixed…and your eyes.”

What? So I’m going to get plastic surgery now?”

Stop joking and stand up or I’m leaving you here.”

okay, okay I’m getting up.”

Yuri got up, Tiffany knowing that she couldn’t get up easily, lent her hand and helped Yuri get up. Yuri looked at Tiffany, wondering why she hates Jessica this much, enough to let go of the person she loves, enough to see the person she loves hurt this much, enough to hurt herself by letting the person she loves go. She couldn’t understand, that, and she also couldn’t understand why she is helping her, true enough she did not love Jessica but she did not understand why she is doing all this for Tiffany, getting uselessly beaten up just for her.

Stop staring at me.”

What?! I wasn’t!”

You were.”

I wasn’t.”

Whatever.”

Tiff…”

Yeah?”

You know…I…”

What?”

I…I think Taeyeon likes…Jessica…”

Yuri looked at Tiffany’s expression, as expected her face turned sour and expressionless.

“…I know…”

“…what?”

I said I know. I recognized that look on her face.”

Suddenly, Tiffany’s expression soften, as if she regret letting Taeyeon go for this stupid thing she is doing, as if she is going to cry her heart out, but of course she wouldn’t, her heart wouldn’t let her, her hard-headed self could never let her.

We’re here.”

They had arrived at the school infirmary. Tiffany laid Yuri on the bed and explained to the doctor and watch her get treated. After getting treated, Yuri was moved to another room for her to get some rest. Tiffany, of course followed and they were left alone. 

About Taeyeon…”

I will go back to Taeyeon.”

“…what...”

I will go back to her.”

Why?”

Because that way I can have her back, I can have the person I love back. And also I can hurt Jessica that way too. I saw the way they were back at the library, she too likes Taeyeon. I’m sure of it.”

Tiffany…”

What?”

Nothing…”

Hearing Tiffany say that, Yuri had a weird feeling in her, anger and sadness. She didn’t expect to feel this way, but she did, she didn’t want it, but she felt it.

I’m leaving.”

“…”

Yul.”

“…”

Yuri!”

Ah…what?”

I’m leaving.”

Oh…okay.”

Watching as Tiffany leaves her room, she couldn’t help but feel sad, for herself. It felt like she was never going to see her again, it was as if she was saying that she will leave her forever. That is the moment she knew, she knew that she had fell for Tiffany. But she shook it off, she didn’t want this in the beginning, all she wanted was to help Tiffany at first.

I can’t and I won’t love her. No. I won’t”

~Back to Taeyeon and Jessica~

Taeyeon and Jessica walked out of the dormitory, to the car park, completely unaware of the couple that has been following the two. They walked towards a yellow Lamborghini, it was Taeyeon’s, given by her father. Although she had rejected the ‘gift’ from her father but still her father had insisted on it, so she had to give in to her father, she was in no mood to keep rejecting, though she always had no mood to do anything anyways, after the breakup.

Is this yours?”

Yes. My father gave it to me. Though I did reject it but father kept insisting so…”

Oh…”

Jessica is not poor but she is also not rich, she is just right in the middle of both. They both got in the car drove off. Fortunately for the couple, they had already got into their car and is already waiting.

After few minutes of driving they arrived at a small restaurant, not much people, just the way they both preferred it. A waitress came and took the order. Taeyeon had ordered for herself and Jessica had also ordered for herself, they both chose steak.

Is that all?”

Ah…yes.”

The waitress smile at Taeyeon and said.

This is the first time you have come with someone.”

Taeyeon had just smiled meaninglessly at the waitress hoping she would leave soon. The waitress, taking the hint, smiled and left. Meanwhile, Jessica ,for some reason, did not like it when they smiled at each other.

While waiting for the food to arrive, they have a little chat. Taeyeon didn’t want to bring ‘it’ up but unexpectedly Jessica was the one to bring it up.

I’m sorry.”

Huh…? For what exactly?”

For seeing me that way earlier at the library…”

“…I’m sorry too. For letting you see me that way and also for shouting at you…”

It’s fine.”

Although…what happened in there…?”

“…I was just going there to rest…and then she just came in and…”

Sensing the latter might cry, she cut her off.

Enough…stop. I shouldn’t have asked. I’m sorry.”

...”

A tear dropped from her eyes, panicking, Taeyeon went forward and used a thumb to wipe off the tear, startling the latter, and it made her more panic.

Are you okay?”

I-“

I’m sorry!”

Taeyeon had cut her off, all because she panicked. Meanwhile, Jessica smiled, because she thought it was funny, the way Taeyeon had panicked.

Seeing Jessica smile, Taeyeon had calmed down. Jessica has this weird effect on her that she herself cannot understand.

You’re really beautiful when you smile, Jessica.”

Being all blunt, Taeyeon made Jessica blush. Jessica thought that was not possible anymore, for her to blush. Taeyeon herself thought it is impossible for her to compliment someone other than Tiffany. Everything seemed fine for them both, but they are both still suffering from the pain left by the people they once loved.

Meanwhile, the couple who is sitting right across them, witnessed everything, smiled happily, happy that finally their friend is slowly opening up, and healing their wounds that has been left untreated for two years. They were happily eating when all of a sudden their smiles dropped. They were talking to each other when suddenly, Sunny saw someone staring at her friend from outside the restaurant, it is Tiffany.

Afraid that something would go wrong, Sunny went out to confront Tiffany, while Sooyoung is still inside eating, she only went out after receiving a glare from her girlfriend and also after she stuffed the remaining steak into .

They both dragged Tiffany to somewhere Taeyeon couldn’t see them, fortunately Taeyeon didn’t see them.

What are you doing here?”

Sooyoung stood there and just watched everything beside her girlfriend as she does not want to get involved in the shouting and screaming, if there is.

What? It’s a restaurant. What do you think people do there?”

“…Then explain why you were standing outside and looking at Taeyeon?”

“…There is no reason for that.”

Do not, I repeat, do not come back and make her miserable again like you did two years ago.”

Maybe I would, maybe I want to come back to her side, maybe I still love her.”

Maybe. It’s a word that I really dislike, you know.”

Then all of sudden Sooyoung spoke.

So what? Do you think she would want you back? After what you put her through? And if you love her, why would you leave her in the first place.”

Yeah. And you can’t just come back after two years and say that you still love her and want her back. That’s just stupid you know.”

I had a reason.”

Oh really. And what’s that stupid reason?”

“…you know what, I’ve had enough of this. I’m leaving.”

Please, just please never come back and put her through that pain again.”

Why? Now that she has someone new in her life?”

No. Just simply because I don’t want to see that her way again.”

And what ever happened to your girlfriend, Yuri?”

Nothing.”

Wow, so you’re just going to hurt another girl? Like you did with Tae?”

“…I’m leaving.”

Leave. Don’t let me see you near Taeyeon again.”

Tiffany walked away from the two, and walked pass the restaurant, seeing Taeyeon eating and smiling softly at Jessica. It made her feel pain, anger, and regret, mostly regret, regret for letting her go. And now the girl she loved, and still loves is sitting with the person she hates the most. Seeing the girl she hates sitting, smiling and eating with the person she loves has made her more and more angry with Jessica. She turned around with a sad face and left.

After finish eating, Taeyeon had suggested to go get ice cream but unfortunately Jessica had rejected it, wanting to get back and finish her unfinished work. However, Taeyeon being understanding, smiled and offered a ride back to her dorm, in which Jessica agreed.

The whole car ride back to their dorm was quiet as Jessica fell asleep in the car, however Taeyeon kept getting distracted, constantly glancing at the sleeping girl beside her.

Jessica. We’re here.”

Taeyeon, seeing no response from the latter, had no heart to wake her from her sleep and so she too fell asleep in the car. After almost 40 minutes, Jessica woke up and saw that Taeyeon is sleeping in the car and so she wrote a note and stuck it on the window, then got out of the car, with a slight smile on her face.

Taeyeon woke up few minutes after Jessica left, and saw the note on the window left by Jessica, she looked beside her and as she expected Jessica had already left. She took and read the note.

Thank you, for helping me in the library, again. Thank you also for bringing me out to eat. It was nice. And I saw that you were sleeping and decided not to disturb and left. :)“

Taeyeon read the note with a small smile on her face, then she kept the note in her wallet. She went up to her dorm and was about to enter her room, but then she saw a shadow around the corner, but then she decided not to go check it out because it was too creepy, she’d rather avoid it.

She went in her room and saw that she still had Jessica’s clothes, she decided to just leave it at her room, she decided Jessica wouldn’t want it anymore, but then she also remember that Jessica has her favorite jeans, but again she decided to just let Jessica have it. She went to shower and slept like a baby afterwards.

On the other hand, Sunny and Sooyoung, sigh in relieve, relieved that Taeyeon did not go their way when she saw their shadows. Then all of a sudden, they see another shadow, so they went over and check it out, but unfortunately, whoever it is, had already went away. They both looked at each other with an uneasy expression.

And meanwhile, Yuri sat on a bench outside the dorms, respiring heavily as she just ran.

I almost got caught…damn it.”

Then, she sat there thinking about who it was, who is also stalking Taeyeon? Could it be that someone too dislikes Taeyeon the way she does? She thought.

Then Tiffany came and sat beside her.

What are you thinking about?”

Nothing…”

Then Yuri turned around and saw Tiffany’s puffy eyes, she knew right at that moment, Tiffany had cried earlier.

“…Tiff…Did you cry just now…?”

“…No…”

Don’t lie Tiff I can see it…what happened? What happened after you left?”

Taeyeon was with Jessica, eating and smiling happily.”

“…”

It was Taeyeon again, it was always Taeyeon. Hearing that Yuri got more and angrier with Taeyeon.

Jessica on the other hand, was thinking about Taeyeon, these days everything is Taeyeon, there was no Yuri anymore, even though there is still the pain but it had reduced a lot after meeting Taeyeon.

Taeyeon still her dreamland, dreaming she was with Jessica, at the amusement park, playing and riding rides happily, but was soon ruined as an image of Tiffany interrupts her happy dream, she woke up. She touched her chest where the heart is located at and wondered.

Do I still love you, Tiffany?”