챕터 14 ( Chapter 14 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

Jessica woke up at dawn, and looked beside her and smiled a little.

She brushed Taeyeon's hair softly to not wake the latter up and went to look out the window.

She felt peace and serenity looking at the light-blue sky. How long has it been since she felt this way, how long can it stay this way, she wondered.

 

Then, she felt a pair of arms slither around her waist and a warm breath beside her neck. She immediately knew and used a hand to caress Taeyeon's hair and another to hold onto Taeyeon's hands.

 

How long have you been awake?” Jessica said softly

When I couldn't feel you beside me. What are you looking at?”

...The sky, it looks peaceful.”

Hmm...”

Taeyeon kisses Jessica's neck, sending shivers through the latter's body

Sooyeon-ah...let's stay this way for awhile...”

Mmm” She replied as she continued to feel her warm breath on her neck and looked at the blue sky as the sun slowly rises.

 

Hours after laying down and enjoying each other's company, they decided to shower and get ready.

While Jessica was showering, Taeyeon goes down to check out of their room before-hand.

After doing all that, they decided to meet up with Sunny and Sooyoung for breakfast.

 

Breakfast went by quickly with light conversations and Sooyoung eating a ton of food.

They decided to stay longer and enjoy the beach before driving back.

 

They strolled along the beach, hand in hand, with a content smile plastered on their faces.

 

Meanwhile behind Taeyeon and Jessica, Sunny and Sooyoung is walking slowly with Sunny complaining that Sooyoung can't be as “romantic” as Taeyeon while Sooyoung holds onto her food and eats happily.

 

Taeyeon whispers into Jessica's ears and said

Do you wanna stay a little longer here?”

But we have school tomorrow?”

We can always ditch school for a day.”

Tae, I really can't, if I fail this semester then I'll have to stay another semester.”

Okay” said Taeyeon as she pouted

You're not mad are you?” said Jessica as she poked Taeyeon's cheeks

At you? How could I be”

Taeyeon kisses Jessica's cheeks and smiles.

Yah...people are looking.” Jessica pouts

I don't mind, as long as I'm with you”

 

Jessica smiles and turned to look at the calm sea and felt the breeze, most importantly, she felt calm and happy to be here with Taeyeon and of course her other two friends.

 

The drive back to Seoul was quiet as Jessica fell asleep in the car.

Jessica woke up a while after they reached Taeyeon's condominium building but of course Jessica doesn't recognise the building as she has never been there.

 

Tae..Where are we...?”

Oh yeah, I forgot I've never brought you here...you'll see. Let's go”

 

They got out of the car and Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's hands firmly and walked towards the building.

 

Seriously, where are we?”

 

Taeyeon just smiled and continued walking until Taeyeon suddenly let go of Jessica's hand and keyed in a passcode to a room that Jessica doesn't recognize.

 

What are you doing?”

Keying in the passcode.”

I know, babe, I meant why are you keying in the passcode to this room?”

Oh, because it's my room. Wait... did you just call me babe? Keep calling me that, it sounds nice” Taeyeon smiles happily

What...?” Jessica blushed

 

How could she have not realised that she had called Taeyeon that way.

 

Come on, let's go in.”

 

Taeyeon sat Jessica down on the sofa and went into the kitchen and brought some drinks out.

 

Since when did you have have this room?”

Hmm, ever since I started going to school around here and it's quite close to some malls.”

Wait...has this building always been near the school?”

It's a ten minute drive”

 

Jessica stood up and walked around, admiring the space. It looked very grand, at least in her opinion it did.

 

Do you like it?”

Jessica turned around to look at Taeyeon and answered.

 

Yes, but why exactly did you bring me here?”

I was thinking we could live here?”

What...why?”

It could save our money right? Save our dorm rent money and the bills.”

That sounds nice but-”

You don't want to?” Taeyeon pouted

 

How could she ever decline the latter's offer if she were to act cute that way, was what Jessica thought and so she eventually agreed to it.

 

Taeyeon goes towards Jessica and back hugs her with a big smile plastered on her face.

 

You know living together is going to get slightly hard right?”

I know, I've thought about it already when I asked you to move into my dorm room. I just thought why not live in a better space then my small dorm room.”

And why do you like back-hugging so much?”

It feels nice to me”

 

Taeyeon stomach growls all of a sudden and caused the latter to burst out in laughter.

Taeyeon pouts and lets go of the latter.

 

It's natural you know”

So, what do you suggest we do for your crying stomach?” Jessica asked, still laughing

How about we go out for lunch?”

On a condition.”

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow

 

What would it be, my princess?”

That we would go grocery shopping for food to cook for dinner. We can't always go out to restaurants for food, you know?”

Anything you want.”

 

Taeyeon leans in towards Jessica. Jessica, slightly in shock, backs away slowly as Taeyeon walked towards her more.

Jessica softly bumps into the wall and looks up to see Taeyeon looking at her.

Suddenly, Taeyeon grins. It made Jessica slightly confused at the latter's actions.

 

I swear, you're just too cute.”

 

Jessica hits Taeyeon's chest and walks towards the sofa, sat down and quickly gulped her drink.

 

At this moment, Taeyeon's phone rings. Her eyes widens when she saw the caller ID. Jessica noticed Taeyeon's reaction and asked who it was.

 

It's just someone...that isn't supposed to be in Korea.”

...what?”

 

Taeyeon picked up the call.

 

Hello.”

Hello, Yoona.”

 

Jessica's eyes widen as she hears Taeyeon say that name but she continued to stare at Taeyeon and listen on.

 

Since when did you come back to Korea?”

Just a few days ago...Look, I just need to get some answers to some questions from you.”

Like what?”

...Is Yuri still with Jessica?”

 

Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica.

 

I think we need to meet up for this, Yoona.”

Alright, where?”

At the cafe near Han River, can you come?”

Sure, see you there.”

Right...”

 

Taeyeon hung up and walked over toward Jessica and knelt down.

 

Baby, I need to go see her right now. So when I'm done, I'll come back to pick you up, okay?”

Must you go?”

Mhmm...”

...Fine...”

 

Taeyeon smiled softly and kissed Jessica's forehead.

 

It won't take long.”

 

Taeyeon went out, leaving Jessica to a large empty space. Jessica decided to sleep for awhile as she's feeling confused as to how Taeyeon knows Yoona.

 

As Taeyeon arrives, Yoona was already there waiting and sipping on her drink.

Taeyeon approached her and skipped the greetings and asked

 

Why did you come back?”

I did a little thinking, I can't stay at London any longer, there's nothing for me there. I can't help but return.”

You...”

I know... I left Korea because of you, because you told me to. Does Yuri still hate you for that?”

Taeyeon took a big breath.

Yes...of course she does, she loved you and I sent you away.”

Is she still dating Jessica?”

Taeyeon looked away, Yoona took it as a yes, then Taeyeon said

No...”

What?”

She isn't dating Jessica anymore...”

Since when...”

Something happened to the four of us when you were away.”

...like what...?”

Tiffany left me, Yuri left Jessica...for each other...”

I...I can't understand why...Tiffany loves you...How could she...for Yuri...”

That's over already...But I'll let you know that something has happened between Yuri and Tiffany...I think they might have broke up since Tiffany asked for a second chance with me...”

What did you say...”

I'm dating Jessica now, it happened recently...I think that was why Tiffany suddenly wanted a second chance with me...but I said no...”

What?!”

It's been a long time since you're back, things were bound to change...Maybe it's all my fault that Yuri became that way...because I sent you away”

What way?” Yoona asked, confused

You don't need to know...It gets me angry just by thinking of it...” Taeyeon sighed.

Why did you even send me away? Was it because I was going to...”

Yes, I can't stand having something that is mine taken away...”

Your father-”

I know. I don't care about that anymore. If my father still wants you as his second heir, so be it...I was selfish but now I don't think I want to continue on trying to be his number one anymore...”

You father, he loves you most, you know that. Is it that important that you are the only to take over him...?”

It was, back then, but now not anymore. Does Dad know you're back?”

No...”

He would want to know, so give him a call or something...”

Does it bother you to know your father took me in as his step-daughter after I lost my parents?”

I was a child, I didn't like having his attention taken away...even my mother took care of you much more-”

That's not true, you know...She talked about you, told me to behave around you, told me to take care of you, to concede to you.”

I...”

I guess we both had a misunderstanding...”

Does it matter now? You are still my step-sister...I can't change that, could I?”

How nice it would've been if we knew earlier...then nothing would've ever happened.

..I'm sorry about all that...”

It's okay, I got to stay at a beautiful country, at least for awhile...”

Do you have a place to live in?”

I'm staying at a hotel currently...”

How about your college then? If you suddenly came back then does that means you've transferred back here?”

Yes...”

Then you'd see Yuri...”

I know...”

Are you fine with that?”

I...want to try to get her back to me...”

...I see...Then you can just use my dorm room then...”

...Thanks...for not saying anything about me wanting to get back to Yuri...and for letting stay at your dorm room...”

It's your decision...not mine...I have to go now...”

Right...okay... see you tomorrow...”

Hey.”

 

Yoona looked up to look at Taeyeon.

 

...If it's not too late now...i just want to say sorry and that starting from now you can rely on me as your step-sister...”

Then... can you at least let me hug you? I've been wanting to be close to you ever since we we're kids.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and bent down to hug the latter.

 

She was immature, hating the fact that she had lost her parents' attention to someone who had suddenly came and became her step-sister. She never did anything as bad as bullying her own step-sister but she couldn't take the fact that her father wants Yoona to be his second heir to his company and so she sent Yoona to London by bullying into it. Yoona couldn't take it anymore and agreed to go.

In that process, it caused Yoona to break up with Yuri. Months later, Yoona finds out that Yuri dated Jessica because of social media. She tried to distract herself by dating others but she couldn't forget Yuri and decided to come back to Korea.
 

 

Taeyeon came home and saw Jessica sleeping on the sofa.

She sat down on the floor beside the sofa and brushed Jessica's hair aside as she continue to stare at the latter.

 

Taeyeon then carried Jessica to the bed, so she could sleep in a more confortable manner. She tucked her in, switched on the A/C so the latter wouldn't wake up due to the heat.

 

She felt hungry as she didn't eat anything in the cafe earlier and decided to cook herself some instant noodles.

 

Minutes later, she finished eating and cleaned up everything and decided to go into the bedroom to check up on Jessica.

Jessica woke up as she hears footsteps and wondered to herself how she ended up in the bedroom and knew right away that Taeyeon's home. She gets up to go see Taeyeon but instead the room door opens and Taeyeon sees her awake.

 

Since when did you wake up?”

A few seconds ago, I heard footsteps and thought it'd be you.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and walked toward Jessica and laid down on the bed.

 

Did you sleep well?”

Well, slightly.”

Slightly?”

I was thinking about something...”

About how I know Yoona?”

How did you know that?”

Because, my princess, I'm a mind-reader.”

 

Jessica lightly hits Taeyeon chest as Taeyeon laughs.

 

Okay, okay, I guess I'll tell you.”

 

Jessica stares at Taeyeon, anticipating anxiously

 

If you stare at me that way, I might just go ahead and kiss you.”

Jessica blushed

 

Stop joking, Tae.”

Okay, okay...She's my step-sister. She lost her parents at a very very young age, her parents were close with my parents and therefore my father took her in as his step-daughter.”

...”

Is it that big of a shock?”

 

Jessica nodded, still processing what Taeyeon had just tell her.

 

She also went to London, that's why she broke up with Yuri. I made her leave.”

I see...”

Aren't you curious why?”

Not really, you must have had your reasons why.”

Taeyeon stared at Jessica and hugged her.

Taeyeon-ah.”

You're really just...”

What?”

The best.”

 

Jessica smiled.

 

I love you, sica-yah.”

Me too, a lot more than you think I do.”

 

Taeyeon pulled out of the hug and kisses Jessica softly.

 

Taeyeon-ah.”

Hmm?”

When are we going grocery shopping?”

 

Taeyeon laughed in amazement. She thought, after all that, what Jessica was actually thinking about is food.

 

If you want to, we can go now. And I almost forgot.”

What?”

We need to pack your clothes so we can bring it here. Since you're living with me now.”

Fine, let's pack my clothes then go grocery shopping.”