챕터 3 ( Chapter 3 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

Jessica, on her way to see Taeyeon, again, she bumped into someone, only this time it wasn’t Taeyeon, it was the person she had wanted to forget the most, it was Yuri. They looked at each other

Jessica”

Jessica looked dazed and shocked. To see the person she wanted to forget for two years was never easy, not for her or for anyone. Yuri stood and held out his hand. Jessica looked at his hand then stood up by herself and ran away as far and as fast as she could, she didn’t care where she was going. She had forgotten about the phone and Taeyeon at that point. Her heart is once again in pain. She sat under a big tree and cried there, luckily there was no one there.

Taeyeon had been waiting for Jessica. She thought that it was weird because Jessica should be here by now, so she waited and waited for her, while convincing herself that she was waiting for her phone instead of the latter.

After an hour of waiting, she got tired and left the library and went out to get some air. Then something caught her eyes, it was a girl crying under a tree, she turned around and was about to walk away but then she turned back again and looked carefully and then remembered that the girl crying under the tree is wearing the same clothes as Jessica. Then, she wondered if the girl is Jessica, then she went towards the girl and took a look at her, and indeed the girl that is crying under the tree is none other than Jessica.

Jessica…”

Jessica did not look up, she was embarrassed that Taeyeon had seen her this way, crying so pathetically, so wrecked, so pitiful and broken.

Taeyeon did not have the heart to walk away from Jessica after seeing how broken and wrecked she is. She bent down and sat beside her quietly. Seeing Jessica this way reminded Taeyeon of herself, the broken and wrecked Taeyeon when Tiffany left her.

To Jessica, Taeyeon’s presence somehow is comforting, at least to her and she didn’t know why but she didn’t dislike it nor did she like it, that is how she liked and wanted to think.

While Taeyeon is wondering to herself again.

Why couldn’t I walk away from her like I did others? Why did I wait for her earlier? I could’ve just left but why didn’t I?’

Despite thinking that, she did not leave the girl behind, she just couldn’t. Although she didn’t know what had happened earlier but knew better not to ask, asking would only make the latter hurt and cry more, she knows by experience.

Jessica, after 15 minutes, finally calms down, Taeyeon, still sitting beside her and is looking at the clear sky. Without even looking at Jessica, Taeyeon said.

Are you a bit okay now?”

Yeah…I guess…”

Taeyeon turned around and looked at Jessica, noticing the tears that rolled down to Jessica’s cheeks, she lifted one hand and used her thumb to wipe the tears off. Then, realizing what she did she quickly retracted her hands.

Jessica felt that unwanted weird feeling in her, the feeling that she once felt, the feeling when she was with Yuri. Remembering Yuri, a tear rolled down from her eyes. Seeing that Taeyeon panicked, thinking she did something wrong, she quickly apologized.

I’m sorry! Did I do something wrong? I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have…”

Before she could continue, Jessica’s head fell to her shoulders. Feeling something that was once familiar to her, she had let Jessica rest on her shoulders.

How can I feel this way again…I shouldn’t feel this way again…I haven’t felt this way since…since Tiffany…’

Taeyeon looked at Jessica, that is already asleep on her shoulder, she wanted to wipe away the tears but is scared to wake the latter up, so she didn’t. Taeyeon turned and looked at the sky again, but then it wasn’t as clear as just now, it was dark as if it was about to rain.

Afraid it would actually rain, Taeyeon looked at the sleeping girl beside, and thought of what to do, then she just carried the latter, bridal style. Fortunately, it did not wake Jessica up. Taeyeon didn’t know where Jessica's dorm room is so she had brought the latter to her room. She doesn’t have any roommate, not because no one wanted to stay with her, it was just simply because she didn’t want to socialize, or easily put, she just simply wanted to avoid people, wanted to be alone. Funny that she herself is bringing someone to her room.

Why am I doing this? Why do I keep letting myself go to you? Why?’

She looked outside her window, indeed it was raining, heavily. She sighed looking at the rain, she opened the window a little and inhaled the rain smell, listened to the peaceful rain.

She stood up and lowered the air-con temperature and covered her more with a blanket, afraid that she would be cold as it is raining heavily outside.

She had let Jessica sleep on her bed and into her room, making the latter the first to be inside her room and the first person other than Taeyeon to sleep on that bed.