챕터 1 ( Chapter 1 )

You Are My Cure (너는 내 치료 입니다)

Jessica, a girl that I had fallen for. A girl that I would give my everything to. A girl that made my heart thump again , made me love again , made me smile again . But I’m scared , scared that I might get rejected again, scared that I might be hurt again , scared that the pain that I once felt will come and haunt me again.

Taeyeon, a girl that I had fallen in love with. A girl that made my heart jump for the first time since what happened, made me smile like an idiot again but also made me scared , scared that the same incident will happen again , the incident I had wanted to forget for a very long time.

Jessica and Taeyeon isn’t really all that close due to the two's heartaches and incidents in the past. The past that the two had wanted to forget crazily. Back when Jessica was dating Yuri and Taeyeon was dating Tiffany everything was going fine and great but then when Jessica and Taeyeon found out that Yuri and Tiffany are dating and that they are just playing with their hearts and that it was just a bet , everything had fell apart for Jessica and Taeyeon.

Crying themselves to sleep every night , forgetting to smile , just crazily studying everyday , avoiding people , feeling sorry for themselves and just being alone was their everyday life. They had gotten so used to living that way that they are drifting apart from their friends and built walls around their hearts, not easily allowing themselves to be friendly with people and most certainly not falling in love with someone.

Even after two years since the incident they still live as if they’re living in the past , still pained even though they thought it was pathetic to still feel hurt and the same pain after two years but they can't help it, they had never tried to let anyone new into their lives.

Until one day when Jessica was slacking off or better yet avoiding people again in the library, the most quiet place in the whole campus where nobody is at or goes to. It was the perfect place for people to sleep or hide or even avoiding people. Jessica was just going to the last row to sleep when she realized a girl is there holding a book although she wasn’t sure whether the girl is reading or not because it seems like she isn’t. Jessica was about to go to the other row to sleep but then the girl spoke. Her tone wasn’t cold yet it also wasn’t friendly.

Wait. I can leave if you want”

No. I’ll leave. Sorry I that bothered you from reading”

No… It’s fine”

They both smiled at each other , although it wasn’t a friendly one , rather it wasn’t anything to the both of them , for them it was just a reassuring smile , a smile with no meaning.

Then they both had the same thought , at the same time .

Isn’t that my ex’s lover’s ex?’

They looked at each other again , somehow both feeling the urge to ask but decided not to pry and ask. They stared at each other , stared at each other’s eyes , the eyes that looks so empty , so emotionless , so pained. Then they looked away from each other when they realized they were staring at each other. Jessica turns around quickly and walked away from Taeyeon.

That stare was the first for the both of them in two years. They both realize that it was a first in two years that they had looked at someone for so long but chose to ignore it as they believe that even though they study and live in the same area they will not meet again.