we have to leave this place

Erganova

Even though the view was unbearable, I just couldn't take my eyes off of him. He fell on his chair again after another electricity shot. His head was hanging lifeless on his neck. My heart stopped for a little. I widen my eyes. I felt a rage coming up to me. I got on my feet without stopping staring at him. After a few seconds that sounded like hours, Ji yong slowly lifted his head up. Our eyes met. He immediately looked away, as if.. as if he was ashamed. I clenched my fists. Why would he feel ashamed? He didn't do anything wrong. It's not his fault. It's mine. Stop hurting him. Stop hurting my friends !

-"Ownkjgoyin..Hocinuhyegsun.."  I mumbled.

I heard a laugh. Always and always the same laugh. He was enjoying giving pain. It gave him pleasure. I didn't want to endure it anymore. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

-"Ownkjgoyin ! Hocinuhyegsun!" I repeated , louder.

The old man laughed more and asked who was I calling for. He said that it was useless. All my friends were trapped and nobody could save me. I smirked and stepped toward the glass-wall that was separating me from Ji yong. The laugh slowly ended. He was curious about what I was going to do, I suppose. I felt some vibration under my feet and smiled. They're here. I extended my two arms toward the glass and breathed calmly. I relaxed my shoulders and counted. 5...4...3...2..1...

I pressed the trigger and shot the glass-wall. I don't know how many times I shot it. When the glass finally broke, I rushed to the other side and squatted in front of Ji yong. He looked at me and mumbled my name. He remembered about me. That's a good thing. I untied the ropes as fast as I could. I wrapped his right arm around my shoulder and helped him to walk. I had to find everyone else. I came back to the room I was in and walked toward the door. Full of hope, I pushed it. Of course, it was closed. I made Ji yon sit and rest his back on the wall and shot on the door to open it. I heard the metallic sound I was waiting for and lifted Ji yong again.

I was calling my friend's name while wandering in the corridors. Ji yong was bleeding. He wouldn't hold on like this. I had to find a way to heal him. All the corridors looked alike. It seemed like we were in a labyrinth. After having walked for a while, Ji yong needed a break. I made him sit down once again. He was clearly dehydrated. I wanted to help him but I had no water, no food. He coughed some blood. I wiped it out with my shirt and started at his face. He opened his brown eyes and looked at me. His eyes were swollen from being beaten. His skin was a mix of purple and blue because of the bruises. He tried to open his mouth but his broken jaw prevented him from doing so. He lifted his arm and reached his hand toward my face. He gently caressed my cheek.

I bit my lower lip. I didn't want him to see me cry. Not now. He gently smiled at me. I looked away from his eyes. They were telling me that he was giving up. I couldn't bear that. I then had an idea. I looked at him again and lifted his head up a bit. He looked back at me, a bit confused. I leant on him and sealed our lips together. His lips tasted like blood. But I didn't really cared. I his lower lip, asking him to open his mouth a bit. He gently obeyed and opened it as big as he could. I inserted my tongue in his mouth as to give him as much saliva as I could. I was hoping that it would rehydrate him a bit.

I pulled myself away and looked at him. He looked even more confused. I wanted to stay more here but we had to move away. I lifted him up again and we continued to walk. We were passing by a door when I heard someone calling us. I turned around. It was Minzy. I wanted to cry of relief. I walked in the room where she was. Psy, Yong Long and Daesung were with her too. This time, it was my turn to be confused. I let Psy and Yong Long taking care of Ji yong and asked Minzy what happened. She showed me her hands while smiling. I looked down on it and saw Angel. I couldn't believe that it actually succeeded in warning everyone.

Minzy told me that Taeyang and Seungri had been taken by the Old man. I asked Angel to take care of them and rushed out of the room. I was moving faster in the corridors now that I didn't have to help anyone. I stopped as the corridor split in two. I didn't know where to go. I suddenly remembered what Psy taught us during our training days. We could feel the Yikes. Well, I hadn't see them but we never know. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. That was one of the hardest thing I had ever done. I was feeling a mix of everything. Fear, hatred, panic, frustration, determination, angst, disgust...

I took a few deep breathes and waited. Suddenly, I felt weird. I could tell that there were Yikes and that I had to take the left way but I just couldn't explain why. It was just...just.. I was just feeling it. I clenched my fingers on my guns and ran in the left corridors. This corridor more looked like a tunnel. the ceiling was arced. I couldn't see the end yet but the feeling was stronger and stronger. I knew that I was close to them. My legs were burning, my lungs were about to explode, but I couldn't stop. I had to run. Run as fast as I could to save them. It is my fault if they ended up like this. My fault...

A sudden light blinded me for a few seconds. I stopped running and looked around. I ended up in a huge room, a sort of dome. I called Taeyang's and Seungri's name. No answer. I yelled their name, in vain. I didn't want to think that they were dead. I wanted to hope. Hope was the only thing that helped me to stand. I heard steps behind me. I turned toward the noise and sighed in relief. It was Taeyang. I ran to him and hugged him tight. I was so relieved to see him. I looked at his body. He had many injuries that must be taken care of.

Something was wrong with Taeyang. His eyes... They were looking at me without actually seeing me. As if I didn't exist. He was looking through me. I shook him in order to wake him up. He kept standing in front of me, emotionless. Like a robot. I bit my tongue. I shouldn't panic. I tried to calm myself down and think of a solution. I breathed slowly. But the feeling wouldn't go away and prevented me from calming down. I then heard a shrill. I looked around but there was no one.

-"SEUNG HYUN !"

Now I could clearly hear that Seungri was calling for me. By hearing his shrill, I could guess that he was in pain. Taeyang still didn't react at his friend's voice. I stepped back a bit. What is going on? Why is Taeyang ignoring us? My eyes widden a bit when I saw a horde of Yikes coming from behind Taeyang. He was going to be killed if he stayed like this. I started shooting massively at them. Each time I tried  to reach their navel. And each time I reached it. But when I killed one of them, three others appeared. This was impossible that I could beat them alone.

I jumped to avoid an attack. I grabbed a cable that was hanging above me and looked down. Apparently; the Yikes couldn't jump at all. I frowned. Taeyang was nowhere to be seen. I kept on looking for him and called his name. I eventually saw him. He seemed to have woken up and was fighting with three Yikes. The others noticed him too and rushed to him. He is going to die.. I had to do something. I balanced the cable and jumped on another one to get closer to Taeyang. I yelled to him to jump and to catch a cable. He nodded and tried but failed.

He fell down and stood up as fast as he could. I shot the Yikes that were coming closer to him. After another fail, he eventually caught the cable. The Yikes tried to jump and get us but they couldn't reach us. I understood why Taeyang failed twice before succeeded. One of his ankle was broken. He looked at me and asked me what we were going to do now. I looked up. We couldn't go anywhere else but there. I told him to climb up.

With huge pain, we climbed on the cable until the top of the dome. There, I noticed a sort of trapdoor. I opened it and got out of the dome before helping Taeyang. He finally came back to himself. Because of his ankle, he couldn't move anymore. I hid him in a little cupboard.

-"Wait for me, I will go to look for Seungri" I told him

I stood up and started to walk when he grabbed my arm.

-"Don't dare to die. Or I'll kill you."

I smirked and left him behind. I was a bit guilty to let him like that but I didn't have any other choice. I walked in a little tunnel. There was a door at the end of it. I tried to listen what was behind it. I couldn't hear anything but a heavy breath. I opened the door slowly. Seungri was there, hung by his fists. He was still alive. I rushed to him. I untied the chains that were attached to his fists. He quickly took of the scotch that was covering his mouth. He hugged me tight while crying. I didn't want to wrap my arms to tight around him. I didn't know where he was hurt. I pushed him a little and wiped his tears. I told him that Taeyang was waiting for us and that the others were also alive.

I looked around. There was another door. Seungri said that this door led to an exit. So we had to go this way. I stood up to go and bring Taeyang but he appeared in front of me at the door. I was about to scold him when he explained that the Yikes found a way to climb and they were coming after us. I sighed, what could be worst? Seungri suddenly yelled. I looked at him to see what was going on. He grabbed my shirt and told me that there was a bomb in the room but he didn't know where it was. The three of us glanced around but couldn't see anything. I then heard a tic-tac. I looked up and saw the bomb, glued to the ceiling. 20..19...17..18. Sh*t ! It's going to explode ! I lifted Seungri up and we ran toward the door.

Taeyang was having a hard time with his ankle but he didn't say anything. He just endured it and I will never thank him too much for that. We heard the awful Yikes yells and then a loud "BOOM" The bomb finally explode. We ran a bit faster. We could already feel the heat on our back. We stopped as the road ended. There were no corridors anymore. Just a huge hole. I looked back. The fire-ball was going toward us faster and faster. Taeyang and I exchanged a glance and jumped. We didn't know where we were going to end up but we still have a little hope to be alive. I don't remember when but Seungri and I got separated. I could hear his voice yelling that we were going to die.

The touch with the ground was brutal .I rebounded before I fell down again. I was rolling down. I finally grabbed something that stopped my fall. I heard my shoulder dislocated itself. I clenched my teeth. That hurts ! I tried to ignore the pain and climbed. I had climbed many times in my life but this time was the hardest. When I finally reached the top, I hauled myself on the ground and rolled on the side. I coughed many times and sat up. I called my friends name. They all answered. That was a relief. I stood up. We fell on a sort of hill. A hill underground? I frowned a bit. Seungri and Taeyang joined me. We could barely see. My shoulder hurt me like hell. Taeyang noticed it and told me that Minzy taught him how to deal with dislocated shoulders.

I walked toward him. He placed next to me and held my arm and placed his other hand on my scapula. He lifted my arm a bit. I winced in pain. He counted. 1...2..3... He violently pulled my arm back. I screamed a bit. That was painful... I moved my shoulder. The pain was still here but that was bearable. I looked at his ankle. He wrapped it with a rag. I didn't know where he found it and I didn't want to know. Now he had to decide which way to go. We eventually decided to go on the right. I was helping both of Seungri and Taeyang to walk.  Now that I think about it, it was really weird that nobody had his ribs or his legs broken by the fall. But well.. that wasn't the time to think about things like that.

As we were walking, light started to appear. We looked around to see where we ended up. My mind froze as I realized that the hills and mountains were made of dead body. They placed a huge wooden patch on them. I wanted to throw up. How could someone do something like this? And how come I didn't realized that when I climbed? The three of us kept looking forward not to see the dead bodies. We walked for about a hour, or maybe more before seeing the exit. Now we could clearly see everything. Men, women, children... they were all piled up under the wooden patches. We wanted to leave this place. We eventually crossed the door.

We ended up in another corridor. I started to get fed up with corridors and tunnels. But I knew this one. I recognized the door. Gosh, I wish that they didn't go anywhere. We entered in the room. There were nobody. Where did they go? I put Seungri down and looked around. Minzy and Ji yong suddenly popped out. One with his wooden stick and the other one with some bottles. When they realized it was us, they sighed in relief and told everyone that it was okay. Yong Long, Daesung and Psy then appeared from behind an invisible curtain. Minzy, Psy and Yong Long rushed toward Seungri and Taeyang.

Something jumped on my head. I took it, knowing who it was. Angel hugged my thumb while crying a bit. I laughed a bit. It was so cute. It lifted its little head up and smiled at me before jumping away to help with my two injured friends. I glanced at Ji yong. He seemed fine. I extend my arm and ruffled his hair. He slowly walked toward me and hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around him and caress his hair slowly. He clenched his fingers on my shirt and started to cry. He was worried about me. He didn't know what he would have done if I died.

I let him cry as much as he needed in my arms. I tightened my arms around him and glanced at Taeyang and Seungri. Both of them was in a terrible state. I gently pushed Ji yong away. The weird feeling came again. But it wasn't the same feeling as I use for the Yikes. It was another one. But anyway we had to leave. I told everyone that we couldn't stay anymore because we are in danger. They all wanted to follow me but we couldn't transport Taeyang and Seungri. I messed my hair. My feeling was stronger and stronger. The danger was coming closer. We had to move right now.

Suddenly, Angel arced its back a bit and branches came out of its tummy. As if they were alive, they wrapped themselves around Taeyang and Seungri. Angel soon disappeared among the branches. They formed a kind of shield that would protect them. They were floating in the air. Now we could run away. I patted my waist and realized that, once again, I lost my guns.

-"Ownkjgoyin ! Hocinuhyegsun!" I yelled while running out of the door.

We were running as fast as we could. Daesung was on Psy's back. I glanced back. There were some men following us. I saw my guns behind them and waiting for them to come before shooting at them. I touched about three men. But they were way more numerous than that. Nobody knew where we were running but we had to leave this place for sure. I looked on my right and saw a huge door. I told them to go on the right, praying for it to be an exit. We were getting closer to the door but the men were also coming closer from us. I shot massively on the feet. The men that were first fell down and made the others fall too. I knew I was just buying time but that was better than nothing.

In front of the door, Daesung found a gray button on the wall. Yong Long pressed it and the door opened itself. We rushed in the entrance. Once we crossed the door, I pressed the button of this side to close the door. It wouldn't take them too long to open it again. So we kept on running. In front of us, there was an exit. Unconsciously, we all ran faster at it sight. When we passed through the exit and went into the forest, I felt relieved. We finally left this awful place. I looked behind but it looked like the men didn't followed us or lost us.

We ran back to the car. Then branches put Taeyang and Seungri in the car before disappearing. Angel jumped on my head and the rest of us went in the car. Yong Long drove as fast as he could until we left the forest. Nobody dares to talk. We were all heavily breathing. Seungri coughed some blood. I was really worried about the two of them. Instead of going on the left to go back to the home we were staying, Yong Long turned right. We couldn't stay in this house anymore. They knew that we were here and they must look for us there. I suddenly felt sleepy. Something flooded my lungs. I was chocking. Everyone looked at me. I coughed blood. An unbearable pain struck me. I couldn't breathe anymore. All of my broken bones started to hurt me once again. I heard Psy calling my name then the black.

I opened my eyes a bit. I looked around. I was in a little room. I rubbed my face. I felt like a truck hit me. I sat up. I was bare chested. All my chest was bandaged. I stood up and checked if I was hurt anywhere. Except my ribs, nothing hurt me. I opened the door of my room and glanced left and right. There was nobody. On my right, there was stairs going back. I walked toward them and walked down. I heard some familiar voices coming from a room. I went in. They were all there. All of my friends were there. Taeyang and Seungri seemed to be healing well. Ji yong was also fine. They were sitting at a table and were about to eat. Minzy was placing plates in front of each of them.

Minzy was the first one to notice me. She put the plates she was holding on the table and walked toward me to hug me. I hugged her back while laughing. They all got up and greeted me. Minzy told me to sit between Ji yong and Psy. I gladly sat down and looked at them once again. I wanted to cry. I was so happy and relieved that everyone was fine and safe. If anyone would have died, I wouldn't forgive myself. My growling tummy made everyone laugh and we started to eat. I was so hungry. I asked where we were. They told me that I suddenly threw up blood in the car and screamed from pain before falling in coma. I slept for four days. They added that this was a unknown house that only Psy knew. I nodded calmly.

I remembered about my mother coming when I was in the room and my healing. I told everything to Yong Long and Psy, hoping that they could explain what really happened. Psy stopped eating and looked at me. He explained that my mother's soul must have stayed there for long. I frowned a bit. Her soul might have stayed there but that didn't explain my sudden heal. Psy shook his head and took a deep breath. He looked at me in the eyes and told me that my mother was like him. It took me a few seconds to understand what he said. He added that she was one of the strongest witch but she chose to marry a human instead of marrying a wizard and that was why she was banned from her family. That would explain why her spirit was so strong and my sudden heal.

I rubbed my face. Wait..wait..wait.. That's..that's a bit too much. So I am half a wizard? That can't be. I don't have any power at all. Looking for answers, I asked Psy if he knew my father as well. He slowly nodded. I was quite angry with him. Why didn't he tell me that before? What was the point of hiding it to me? Psy calmly answered that if he had told me about it when we first met, I wouldn't have believed him and might run away. WEll.. He had a point. I wasn't angry anymore and left the room. I had to be alone for little while.

I came back to the room where I was and laid on it. So... My mother was a witch, and my father was a researcher who had found about Erganova... What a complicated background.. I wonder if My father knew about my mother being a witch. I laughed at my own thought. Of course he must have knew about it. Moreover, if he knew about Erganova, knowing about witch and wizard wouldn't surprise him.  But.. that key.. does it worth all of that pain? Does that key really worth all that death? I closed my eyes. Nothing should worth such a horror.

I opened my eyes and sat up quickly. A bit too quickly. I held my ribs and waited for the pain to go away a bit. I slowly stood up and went downstairs. They were still eating the dinner. Or the lunch. I had no idea what time it was. They looked at me a bit confused and I told them that before everything happened, I had found something in the forest. I told them that I still had it until I went out of the tunnel. Maybe... I looked at Angel who was sitting on the table. It smiled proudly at me and took the ball casing from its belly. I took it and gave it to Psy. He suddenly burst out laughing. We looked at him, a bit confused. He then explained that this ball casing was a part of the key. He got up and patted my shoulder.

-"Your father is a genius. He found the key and separated in pieces to prevent Ji yong's uncle to find it."

After having said it, he left the room with an excited Yong Long. I frowned. Ji yong's uncle? The bad one who had jailed Ji yong in the ice thing? Wait.. So the old man is actually the bad uncle? I sat down on a chair. How could I trust someone like this? I bowed to my friends and apologized to them. Without me, they would never have endured everything. Minzy patted my back gently and told me that they were aware that it would be dangerous and that they might die. But if I decided to help Ji yong then they had to help him too. Friends are made for that. I gently smiled at her. My smile quickly flew away as I realized what they did. I glared at them and scold them.

-"Aren't all of you stupid? You jumped in the trap! I asked Angel to tell you that I was kidnapped not that you ALL had to come and save me! Do you realize how dangerous it was? All of you have nearly died. What would have happened if they really had killed you? What would have happened next? I understand that you wanted to save me but please, think before you act !"

They were all looking down and pouted like children. I sighed. I must say that without them, I would have died. I thanked them for that. They smiled at me and we left, letting Seungri and Daesung washing the plates. Anyway, something was bothering me. All the dead bodies that we saw. Who were they? I mean, if such numerous people had disappeared, the medias must have known this... I tilted my head. And what if all these people weren't humans but wizards and witches? That would explain why nobody noticed them disappearing. Or maybe they noticed but they are too afraid to investigate.

Taeyang, Minzy, Ji yong and me sat at the table in the living room and started to play cards. We all wanted to forget what happened, even if we knew that it was impossible. We were playfully playing. Daesung and Seungri soon joined us. It felt good to hear everybody laughing like that again. It reminded me of when we were still living in Korea, before I met Ji yong. I glanced at him. He was also laughing but he looked really tired. At the middle of one game, He stood up and said that he was going to take a nap. I looked at him living the room                 a bit worried. Daesung told me that Ji yong had been for four days, day and night to look after me. I widen my eyes a bit. Why would he do that? Well, I guess I know why.. Minzy told me to go and check on him.

I stood up and walked toward the stairs. I guess that I can't act like I see nothing anymore. I have to face the reality. He loves me. I should be happy about that but I am afraid to death. If I accept his feelings, mine would grow bigger and stronger. I am afraid that I won't be able to let him go when I will have to. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door. I opened him after he told me to enter. He was laying on his bed. When he saw me, he sat up and looked down while biting his lower lip. I sat on his bed and thanked him. He lifted his head up and tilted it. I laughed at his reaction and explained that Daesung told me for the four days. Ji yong pouted a bit. He was just so cute.

The situation was a bit awkward. None of us knew how to start the conversation. Ji yong finally broke the silence and asked me how was my ribs. I told him that it still hurt sometimes but it was bearable. His relieved face made me laugh. Bad idea. My ribs started to hurt me a bit. I winced in pain and held them. Ji yong looked at me, worried. I reassured him and ruffled his hair. Our eyes met and he immediately looked away. I frowned  a bit. Why is he avoiding me? He shook his head and tried his best not to laugh. I was a bit upset. Why is he laughing? Do I have something on my face? He turned himself to me and smiled. He showed me his teeth. At first I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me. I walked toward the window and looked at my reflect. I smiled at it while showing my teeth. I had indeed something between my teeth. I took it away and playfully glared at ji yong.

He looked at me while covering his mouth not to laugh. I walked toward him and sat on the bed next to him. He tilted his head, wondering what would happen. I extend my arms on his waist and started to tickling him. He laughed loud. He was struggling under me but he was still careful not to hurt me. I found it quite cute. After a minute or two, I stopped tickling him. He was crying out of laughing. He moved a bit to let me some space to lay. I placed myself next to him. I turned my head to look at him and asked him how come his injuries were already healed. He smiled and answered that Erganovien people's body isn't like human's one. They have a molecule in them that make them heal quickly.

I was quite impressed. It must be really cool to heal like that. Ji yong laughed a bit. The injuries that we can have on Erganova aren't the same as the ones you can have on the Earth. On Erganova, they are often hit by asteroids. They found a way to stop them from hitting the planet but that severely injures people. I nodded. I see, so that's what happens. I couldn't picture how human people would behave if an asteroid would approach the Earth. They would get panic-stricken I guess.

-"Have you forget about that?" He asked, out of nowhere.

I tilted my head. He showed me a hurt face and turned his back at me. I pouted. What did he mean by that? What did I forget? I poked his back but he didn't react at all. I got pissed a little. I sat up and placed myself above him before turning his body to make him face me. He looked away. I sighed and asked him what was the thing I forgot. He still refused to tell me. Well, I didn't really care, I had all my time. I sat on his waist and waited. I kept looking at him. He felt ill at ease and covered his eyes with his arm. He winced a bit and told me to remember when I saved him. I sighed. When I helped him? Well let's see. I untied him and we ran in the corridors. Then he needed a break and he was dehydrated and to.... I smirked. Was it that?I pushed his arm away and made him looking at me. I looked at him in the eyes.

-"Is it what you were talking about?"

I leant on him and sealed our lips together. This time, his lips didn't taste blood. They were sweet. I his lower lip and he immediately opened his mouth. I inserted my tongue in. I wanted to explore all the part of his mouth. I felt him a bit and squeezing my arms. He my tongue. I was quite surprised but I let him do. He then silently asked the entrance of my mouth. I let him explore my mouth. I slid my hand down and caressed his waist. I didn't know that a kiss could feel that good. Out of breath, we had to break the kiss. Both of us were breathing heavily. We looked at each other. I slowly caressed his hair while losing myself in his brown deep eyes. He smiled at me and caressed my cheek gently. He opened his mouth to say something but Taeyang called us.

We stood up and walked toward the door. Before he opened it, I hugged him from behind. He gently smiled and hugged my arms. He pecked my cheek. For the first time, I was able to smell his scent. His scent was so good.. He pinched my waist, making me let him go. I pouted and he stuck out his tongue before rushing downstairs. I laughed a bit at his behavior and followed him. In the living room, they were all sitting at the table. Ji yong and me sat too and psy told us that he finally found where the next piece of the key was. He took a map and placed it on the table. He pointed at somewhere.

-"There it is. Greeland."