Chapter 2

Now He Knows [SEQUEL]

As slowly as you could you push the key into the door before silently opening it. Your face scrunched up as the door shifted slightly and made a noise. You hissed in annoyance, you were trying to avoid Mark (as usual) but today nothing was going your way. Slipping your way through the door your bag had accidentally shoved the umbrellas leaning by the way. 
"." You whispered reaching out to catch it. You placed it back and glanced around to find yourself still alone. You sighed in relief but only to bump into Marks chest after turning around. 
"Oh my- I definitely did not hear you silently sneak up on me." You said startled. He chuckled in that way where you could just about see a glimpse of his perfect teeth and where his chest rose up and down under his shirt. 
"Do you want to have dinner with me?" Mark questioned 
"Maybe later." You said awkwardly. Mark was standing a little too close to your face and although his intoxicating smell was beautiful, you didn't want to fall for him even more. Mark didn't really know how he felt for you, he was confused. Kissing you and holding you felt right that day. But it was all so wrong. There was this little alarm in the side of his head; it would warn him about what he'd do to you. This does not mean he likes you, it's just he'd get jealous when other guys would touch you or he'd get butterflies if you get too close. 
'That does not mean I like her right?' Even with all this chaos in his mind Mark would always remember how much of an awesome best friend you were. It would piss him off. He was doubting the fact that you'd both get would get married, stay with each other from today, until forever. Meaning: If you'd go out with him, you'd eventually break up. It was all so complicated. So, Mark being -well himself, chose the safe side: being best friends. 

"Do you wanna do something? Like watch a movie?" He asked
"We've literally watched everything Mark." You tried to excuse yourself.
"Then a game?" Mark just pushed himself even closer towards you. So close you could smell his provocative scent. You weren't sure if it was either his heavy cologne or the fact that was almost up against you that made you feel light headed. 
"Mark I've got to um-" at that moment the iPad on the coffee table started beeping. 
"Answer the Skype call." You carried on silently praying to the gods for saving you from that close call. Mark took a step back and watched you rush to the sofa. 

"Hey." A deep voice radiated from your iPad.
"Jackson?" You asked. Why was he calling you now?
"Yeah, sorry for calling you without notice. I hope your not in the middle of something.."
"Actually no. I wasn't doing anything important."
There was a sudden pang in Marks chest.
"That's good" Jackson sighed, his husky voice made you assume he was tired.
"Had a long day?" 
"Mhm.." He half groaned. You watched as he picked himself up with one arm and pulled himself higher up the sofa till he was up straight. Jacksons arms flexed and his sleepy eyes fluttered open. He stretched his neck back and then to his sides almost as if he were showing off.
"Yah," you harshly said "are you trying to be attractive?" 
A deep chuckled vibrated through his throat,
"Is it working?" 
"Nope. And it never will." 

Mark turned away. He'd only then realised his fists were balled up. 
'What's happening to me?' He thought refusing his feelings to get any stronger. After the kiss he'd felt more attracted to you. More captivated within your beauty. But Mark had already declared differently at the beginning. 
"I'm sorry, but 'we' are not what you think."
"Tch." He spat stomping upstairs. 

"So what's with the surprise call? I'll be seeing you in like- 2 days."
"I don't know.. I was just bored." Jackson sighed. He smiled at the camera to you.
"Hm.." You exhaled giving a soft smile back. 
"I bet you can't wait till I get there." He said
"Uhh, since when was I ever happy about seeing you?" 
"Since you fell inlove with me." He joked. You laughed and fell back into the sofa to get more comfortable. 
"You're such a little head you know?"
"And you love it." He winked
You finally felt relaxed around Jackson, as if your 'Mark worries' had vanished. He was like a best friend. Or more like he is your best friend. But Jackson felt differently, he felt as if something could happen. Something was there. A small spark yet to become flames. Mark was the only thing keeping the flame out. Jackson knows about your 'relationship' with Mark and literally everything from your feelings to your facts about Mark. You'd always refer to Jackson in doubt and not only did he listen but he helped as much as he could. It was sweet. But it hurt every time Jackson would do so. Which is why Jackson had come up with a conclusion; To make you fall inlove with him and forget about -that son of a - Mark. 

-the day of the arrival of the exchanges-

"Yah." Mark firmly projected. You squirmed in bed. 'What nowww?' You squinted your tried eyes at the clock: 4:39am. 'wtf' 
"Go away Mark." You groaned
"Yah." He just repeated the moment you pulled the duvet over yourself. "We have to pick up the exchanges asswipe."
Your eyes flung open and you sat up. Mark stood next to you arms crossed and lips pouted. You moaned in frustration while noticing he was already ready. 
"Get up and get change." He commanded. "I'll make your breakfast." 
You hurled yourself out of bed and into the bathroom. Checking your dreadful appearance in the mirror you the tap. You washed your face and hopped into the shower. 
After a of eyeliner you slipped into trainers, black drop crotch pants and a white vest top. 
You sprinted downstairs and peaked into the kitchen to see Mark munching on some egg on toast. He had half a slice in his left hand, his phone in the other and a smile across his face. With his fingers tapping away as if he was texting someone. Maybe Suji or some new girl.
pang
You stepped into the kitchen and Mark looked up. 
"You haveee... 10mins till we have to go." Mark had rotated the hand holding the toast to check his watch but as soon as he did so, the egg slid off onto the plate. 
"Oops." He grinned at you idiotically, mouth full. Butterflies started rumbling at the pit of your stomach. 'That smile' You blinked snapping it out of it.
"Pabo." You whispered which only made him grin wider. 

You had only taken 3 bites before Mark had literally dragged you out the house and into JB's car. 
"Yo." JB eye smiled through the front mirror.
"Hello-cgh" You literally choked out coughing. You slammed your fist on your chest a few times then answered Jr's questioning eyebrow,
"I was in the middle of eating when Mark threw my coat at me and dragged me out. Then shoved me into the back seat." 
You glanced at Mark and he was smiling. 
"Yah, you think that's funny?"
"Yeah." He said. You kicked his chair from behind and slapped his arm. 
"Ow ow! Jeez. Ok ok!" He half laughed. Then JB sped out into the morning sky. 

-at the airport-
It was 5:34am when you arrived and the exchanges should've been at your rendezvous point 5mins ago. You sighed. Your classmates and JB, Jr and Mark were on the look out for some Chinese teenagers that were most likely lost. How great. 
Suddenly two firm hands covered your eyes.
You grabbed onto their wrists in surprise.
"Guess who?" The person said in Chinese
"Mum? What are you doing here?" You replied sarcastically. He chuckled and spun you around.
"Hello." Jackson smiled. His features took you by surprise. He looked even more handsome in real life.
"Hi." You breathed out. You both stared at each other. You noticed how he was a face taller than you, making you look up. You noticed the sparkle in his eyes you wouldn't be able to see through a camera. You noticed the small details he'd have in his outfit that you've never seen before. It was all so overwhelming. The next thing you knew you were engulfed in his arms and your face was in his neck. 
"I can't believe you're here." You whispered
"I told you you'd be happy." He smirked
"Aish." You punched his gut and he groaned taking a step back but still smiling.
"I've been wanting to do that ever since I realised how much of a nut-brained you are." 
Jackson just laughed, full out smiled with all his teeth, still holding his stomach.
A tough grip held onto your shoulder, turning around you saw Mark. The shadow from his fringe covered his eyes, he was slightly looking down and his lips were pressed together. 
"Let's go. Everyone's here." Mark pointed out in a some what dark way. You looked around and just as Mark said; the rest of your classmates had partners. You turned back to Jackson and signalled him to follow you. On the way back to the car you watched JB and Chi, it made you squeal inwardly. You could see the awkwardness but JB was pulling her luggage and Chi wouldn't stop staring at him. 
"What are you smiling about?" Jackson questioned leaning next to your face and trying to find what direction you were looking at. 
"JB and Chi" You sighed lovingly.
"Ohhh Ok. Here then." 
"What?" You made a face at him. He was handing his luggage to you to pull. 
"I'm your pen-pal, not your butler." You said shoving his head down. 
"Yaaah!" He laughed "I was kidding!" 
"Sureee." You glared at him. 

-back at the school dorms- 
"I'm going to take Chi to the girls section so see you guys in class." JB announced. You, Jr and Mark just waved him goodbye and followed onto the dorms. Jr was first and dropped off his exchange and bid us goodbye.
"Soo.. You two live with each other right?" Jackson said. The atmosphere was so awkward he though stirring up a conversation would help a bit.
"Yeah-" You started
"Just as friends." Mark interrupted
'Ouch' 
"...yeah just friends.." You mumble under your breath.
"Okay cool." Jackson sighed. The silence continued. 
"Oh this is where Leì is." Mark stopped and opened the dorm. 
"Xie xie." Leì said smiling. Leì stepped in and looked at Mark as if asking if he was going to go in too. 
"Err.. I- Just go ahead I'll be with these two." Mark said in Chinese. 

---

Hello again, sorry about the late post. I just finished my exams (: But I did so . lmao. Annyway, enjoy this new chapter~~ 

Comment and subscribe~ 

-K