Chapter 1

Now He Knows [SEQUEL]

You slumped into your desk chair, carelessly throwing your bag beside you and forcing a smile at your one true friend: Jin.
"Woah there. You're looking fine~" She sniggered. You just sighed in return. You had stayed up last night thinking about Mark and what he said. This resulted in you waking up late and only having the chance to swipe on a of liquid eyeliner, on each eye, and 30 seconds of teeth brushing. You ran your fingers through your hair while Jin made snarky remarks on how 'beautiful' you looked. It was supposed to be happily ever after right?
Not for you. Unfortunately this wasn't a movie.

-last night-

The washing machine and the kitchen was fixed the day after and everything was back to normal. It finally came to this day where your feelings were considered and Mark was yours. It was the only thing you could think of yesterday. Anticipating what your new life would be like as Mark Tuan's girlfriend you skipped down the stairs, but what you didn't know was how Mark felt about this.
Hearing Mark in the kitchen you silently tip toed towards him. He was washing his plate -probably just had breakfast- and you pressed yourself against his back.
"Morning." You whispered snaking your arms around his toned body. Marks body tensed slightly. He stopped, turned off the tap and pushed your hands down while spinning to look at you. This was unexpected. You'd thought he'd push into your hug and say 'morning babe' with that husky voice. But he was silent.
"Ahem" he coughed still holding your hands away and avoiding eye contact. You furrowed your eyebrows and retracted your hands,
"Er what's going on?"
"What was -you know- the other day to you?" He asked
"What? It was a confession. Wasn't it?" Nausea struck you. What did he mean? Was it not what it was supposed to be?
"Wait what do you mean?" You asked baffled
"Hey look it's not that I don't like you.." Mark breathed "It's just- I'm not- like- I don't know."
"You
don't know?" You sneered squinting your eyes at him
"Hey no wait. You weren't supposed to take what I said that day to heart. Uhm were good right? As in friends?"
"But.. I thought we-"
"I'm sorry, but 'we' are not what you think." He mumbled. Mark pushed past only leaving the strong smell you longed for. Suddenly rage built up inside of you.
"So why'd you say 'I love you'?" You spat Mark stopped in his tracks and looked to his side. You could see the side profile of his face but there was no emotion. No sadness.
"It just felt right.." He said
"Felt ing right my Mark!" You retorted "Is that what you say to every other girl!?" He sighed and turned to face you,
"Look," he started "I didn't intend for it to be that way.. It just happened.. Like in the flow or something." You took a deep breath in. You don't want another fight.
"Do you know what- Actually never mind. Fine, your loss." You exhaled turning your back to him to hide the tears.

-back to present-

"Dude, snap out of it." Jin said clicking her fingers in your face. "Whats up with you..?" she mumbled.
"Hah. Sorry." You managed to force out. Turning back to look at the front you saw the red head chatting up another tight faced school girl.
"Baby girrlll~" Bambam called out to you "What's with the face?" He pouted
"Huh? oh nothing. Don't worry." You were unconsciously pulling faces while judging the obnoxious girls.
"Hey what's up with you and Mark?" JB questioned shoving Bambam off his desk.
"Oh my gosh. Why all the questions?" You moaned
"It's just it doesn't feel.. Right." Jr commented. The members glanced at one another with a worried look.
"Guys we're good ok?" You promised "Just- if something's up we are here for you." Youngjae said
"'Here for you' my ." Jin retorted "What happened to you guys when your 'baby girl' had her sports tournament?"
"Please we were like 20 mins late." Yugeom said
But you didn't pay attention to your idiotic friends. You were too busy staring at the wonderful Mark. His smiled radiated through the whole room. It made you feel warm inside, like how hot coco does after a chilly day. But you noticed his hands: the way they trailed down the girl's shoulder to the small of her back and how the other caressed her cheek. There was a pang in your chest as he slowly leaned in to her face but you moved your attention back to the group before you saw anything. Taking a deep breath in you watched kids push and shuffle into seats as the professor walked in. Bambam, Youngjae and Yugeom waved goodbye at the door and skidded off to class before the professor could have another go at them.

"So kids, has anyone not prepared yet for the Chinese exchanges?" The professor started "They will be coming in 3 days and your partner will be assigned to you. You will be expected to say after school till 5:20pm to pick up your exchange." He finished The class erupted with groans. Every student at the age of 17/18, in this school, will of had learnt a language in their past 3 years in this school. Either Chinese, French or English, language is one of the schools specialities. You had chosen Chinese, and for the next week you'll be looking after a Chinese exchange student called Jackson. Jackson was a pretty cool guy; he would be so laid back about everything, it made you feel so comfortable even if you had never seen each other in real life. You had only been pen pals since the beginning of learning Chinese. They'd be staying at the extra dorms in your school and you'd have to take them around. For others it'd be a pain in the but you figured Jackson wouldn't be so bad. JB had a girl called Chi and Jr and Mark had boys, both called Han and Leì.

-after school-

Since Mark had told you about his feelings you had been trying to avoid him. 'Just friends' didn't turn out very well. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was now eaten separately unless it was with Jin and the boys. Of course, taking everything into account, it couldn't get even more awkward. Well for you anyway. What hurt was the fact that Mark didn't even seem to be phased. He was still doing the norm: dating girls. You slammed your locker shut before almost bumping into the one and only Mark Tuan. He grinned as you made eye contact but you just pressed your lips together in a tight smile (to show you acknowledged his presence), then turning on your heels in the opposite direction. But unfortunately it wasn't long till his long strides caught up to yours.
"Hey wanna walk home with me?" He asked ever so casually. Before, you'd walk with Mark everyday after school and soon he didn't even have to ask, he'd just tag along. "Uhm..." You hesitated turning a corner "Well I have to.. Get food yeah. You know groceries."
"Then I'll go with you." He chirped putting his arm around your shoulder.
"Nah it's cool. I'm good."
"No I insist." He pushed
"No really I'll meet you at home. I'm sure you've got to catch up with er-"
"Suji." Mark interrupted
"Yeah her.. So... see you." You picked up your pace and pushed his arm off. You only had taken 7 steps before he cried out,
"Why do you keep avoiding me?" This stopped you in your tracks. You could hear him sigh, "you can't do this forever." You ignored his comment and decided to go the long way home. It's worse the fact that you live together. I mean sure best friends can be roommates but you never wanted to be the best friend.

---

Ta-dah~ What you've all been waiting for (:

I hope this is okay, it's like a huge plot twist but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

The chinese exchange thing is based on my school. In my (British) school we have exchanges in our language classes, and recently we just had some spanish ones. A girl I know got it hard with one of the spanish guys and he eventually had to leave her so it didn't turn out very well.. But back to the topic, Jackson shall be the hot exchange and no, he will not get it hard with 'you'. lmao. 

-K