Chapter 8

Now He Knows [SEQUEL]

Suddenly Mark popped back into your head. 
"." You whispered. Running your way back to where you left him you craned your neck over the other people. 
The chair was empty. 
You just sighed, "Aren't you supposed to be looking after me?" You asked around for a tall red head with a white button up. Finally a group of non-drunk people pointed upstairs. The people upstairs had signalled for you to go up to the third floor. You wobbled up the stairs in heels and looked around. The last floor was empty, only a few doors and strings of the contents of party poppers. You pulled your heels off and held them in one hand. Knocking on the first door you listened in carefully. There was nothing so you pushed the knob to the left and entered. It was just empty, only a bed and someone's belongings. That happened another two times before you were at the last door. Knocking, again, you heard nothing. Quietly walking you noticed 2 coats on the bed. The light was on this time but on the balcony outside. You crept up to the wall beside the window and pressed your back against it. 
"Thanks babe." Yerin said
"No worries." Mark replied. You gasped in the clasp of your hand. 
"I feel like we've become great friends." Yerin smiled
"Friends?" Mark questioned
"Hah, well unless you.." It was silent after Yerin suggested that. You gulped holding back your tears. You tiptoed feeling light headed to the door. Closing the door behind you, you forced yourself to breath in and out slowly. Looking up you fanned your eyes. 'Hold it together.' You closed your eyes shut. 'Mark is drunk, Yerins drunk.' You said making an excuse. You were to compose yourself but failing. Fleeing down the stairs you felt a tear stream down. 

-earlier on- 

Mark was persuaded by Yerin to come to the 3rd floor. He was pushed and pulled to the third floor where he was given a cup of cold water. It refreshed his body and made him feel less drunk. Yerin and Mark had just talked. It was weird. Usually it'd just be a few questions and name calling before they were both in each other's pants. But this time it was different. They were on the balcony. The moon was high and full. There were no stars but the view was still stunningly beautiful. Mark gazed out into the distance, suddenly he felt Yerin's hand link onto his arm. She rested his head on his arm and sighed. 
"Today was great." She whispered. Mark stiffened. He didn't feel right with her; not like the way he felt with you. He felt slightly awkward. Mark gently put his hand over Yerins and pulled it off. He smiled and put her hand beside her making her face this way. 
"You look amazing." Mark tried to distract  her from touching his arm. 
"Thanks babe." Yerin said
"No worries." Mark replied. 
"I feel like we've become great friends." Yerin smiled. 
"Friends?" Mark asked. He didn't want to be friends. He didn't want to be anything with her. Not even her buddy. Mark wanted nothing to do with her. She was a nice girl but... It was complicated. 
"Hah, well unless you..." Yerin hinted. Marks eyes widened and he leaned away a bit. Yerin closed her eyes and pushed forward for a kiss. Mark backed away and stopped her. 
"Hey look," He awkwardly held her shoulders "We aren't- it's- I don't think we should you know.. Do this." 
"Why?" She asked puzzled "Is it her?" 
Mark fell silent. Yerin clenched her fists. 
"I should go.." Mark said running back into the room and pulling on his coat. He grabbed onto the door handle,
"She's not worth it." Yerin whispered. Mark ignored her comment and walked out closing the door. By the stairs he had glimpsed a bit of you running down the stairs. Mark was pretty sure he wasn't that drunk to even hallucinate you. He sprinted towards the stairs and skipped steps as he ran on down.
Mark called out for you several times but there was too many faces in the crowd. 

"Jackson!" You hollered Jackson over. Jackson span round and smiled. 
"What's up?" He asked putting an arm around you. 
"I'm gonna go home early." You said 
"What why? We just started?" Jackson raised an eyebrow "Its only midnight." 
"I just got to-" But you got cut off by Yerin. 
"You ." She screamed dragging you by the hair. By reflexes you gripped her wrist and locked her arm behind her back. You aren't an expert at fighting but you can defend yourself. 
"Let me go!" She squirmed 
"What the is wrong with you?!" You shouted. Everyone by now had stopped and was watching. They had formed and circle around you two. 
"I had him first!" Yerin claimed. 
"What?" You whispered. Your grip loosed and she stood up dusting off his dress. 
"What are you taking about?" You said
"You ing ," Tears brimmed her eyes "Mark is mine." 
"Hey," Jackson said "Stop. She hasn't done anything wrong." Jackson stood infront of you with his arm out as if to protect you. 
"Hasn't do anything wrong?!" Yerin screamed
"Jackson you don't need to.." You stepped forward. But just as you were out of Jacksons shield Yerin swung her arm at your face. The whole house fell dead silent. Your face hung on its side and your hair fell over your eyes. It stung. There was a red hand mark forming on your face. Jackson wrenched forward but you stopped him.
"Don't." You looked at him. "I'm ok." You smiled tears in your eyes. Jacksons heart ached. You moved away from the centre of the circle and people parted their way for you. You covered your face with one hand and ran out. 
Mark was watching. He saw everything. He had realised that you weren't lying about Yerin being a . '.' Mark was mentally beating up himself for being a douche. 
"She's gonna loose you if you don't start now." Jo said leaning against the stairs railings. 
"What?"
"I said-"
"No, I mean I know what you said but-"
"Exactly. You better grow some ing balls and tell her you love her before she goes."
"She's not going to go."
"That's what you think."
"What do you even know about her anyway?"
"More than you do." Jo smiled "What's her favourite colour?" 
"White."
"Favourite song?" 
"Miss Right by BTS."
"Eye colour?"
"Brown, but if you look close there's golden streaks."
"You're good." Jo complimented
"Wait-"
"Just do me a favour and get together with her."
"I don't know how." Mark groaned but he turned around to see that she had vanished. 

----

'Stop stop stop!' You screamed in your head. You furiously wiped the tears from your cheeks. 'Stop crying.' You looked up to the night sky and fanned your face. 
"You ok?" You spam around to see Jackson. 
"Yeah babe," You forced a smile "I'm good." 
"Come 'ere." He smiled sadly. You stepped towards him and he embraced you in his arms. His warmth hit your bare skin. You sobbed quietly. Jackson your hair and kissed your forehead. 
"Does everyone hate me?" You asked face in his shirt. 
"No, no." Jackson pulled your face up by your chin. "Not everyone." Leaning in he softly pecked you on the lips. "I love you." 
You smiled. "I love you too-" 
"As a friend I know." He grinned "But if something happens I'm always here." 
"Thank you." You whispered. 
"I'll take you home." He interlaced your fingers with his. Jackson was like the big brother you never had. Except there was some exceptions.. He was always there for you. He listened to your problems, made you laugh, put you first and so much more you couldn't explain. 

You were outside your house door with Jackson. 
"Do you wanna come in?" You offered 
"Nah, I think Mark would murder me if I'm alone with you after midnight." 
"Oh please." 
"Hey no, I know you won't be able to resist this." He did a body wave.
"Don't flatter yourself." You laughed. He just laughed back.
"Ok, goodnight." Jackson kissed your forehead and watched you walk in before he left.

---

yay, Jacksons such a bae (;

The next chapter is full of Mark fluffffff~~

Please comment and Subscribe

-K