Chapter 7

Now He Knows [SEQUEL]

You hopped into Marks car and pulled on your seat belt. It was dark outside with only the street lights on. They blinked across Marks face and off his white shirt. He was looking so seriously at the road, one arm on the wheel and the other resting on the gear stick. His Adams apple bobbed up then down after he gulped and his lips. You accidentally scoffed. 
"What's so funny?" He asked glancing at you for one second. 
"Nothing, don't worry." You smiled. It was quiet for a bit till Mark said,
"You look great by the way." He complimented
"Oh, thank you so do you." You blushed. 
"Is that?" Mark said signalling towards your bracelet. 
"Hah, yeah." You confirmed playing with the chain on your wrist. It was just a silver thin chain, the ones that people wear on their neck with pendants, but it was on your wrist. Mark had given it to you about 4 years ago; he promised with it to look after you. You weren't sure if any of the past days counted as breaking that promise but it didn't really matter to you. 
It was just a comfortable silence between you two with the soft radio playing in the background. It wasn't long before he pulled up next to a huge beautiful house. It modern and looked almost new. There was a pool and a big driveway. 
The door beside you opened and Mark offered his hand to you. Instead you held onto the car door and stepped out, Mark awkwardly put his hand in his pocket and locked the car. You followed him into the house. There were already so many people here, there was music pumping hard with the base vibrating in your chest. Everyone was already half drunk and still chugging down drinks. 
"Oh my gosh!" Someone squealed "My honeys~" You scrunched up your face and turned to see Yerin. She was wearing sharp deep velvet heels and a tight, skimpy, velvet dress to match. You rolled your eyes as she hugged you and slurred to Mark that she had forgiven you for the other day. He just smirked and followed Yerin into the crowd. Great. Just ing fabulous. It was only 8:15pm and Jackson wouldn't be here till 9:30pm. You sighed great plan Jackson. You squished your way around and fell on the sofa.

"Catch." Someone said. By reflex, you caught the cold can of beer. You looked up to see a hot chick who you had never seen before. She had black wavy hair up to her ribs, it was messy with blue coloured ends. On her neck was a black thin choker, it matched her retro punk look: Doc Martens, winged eyeliner, teal painted nails, bomber jacket and a leather strapless dress. She slumped into the sofa beside you,
"Hey, why the frown?" She asked
"Got ditched."
"Hah. Well now your here to drink, forget then forgive." She smirked knocking her can against yours then standing up. 
"The name's..." But her voice became muted by the loud music. You had reached out to call her but it was too late; she had wondered off into the crowd. 
'Drink, forget then forgive..'
You shrugged and got up. Bumping into someone. 
"There you aree!" Jackson smiled 
"What the ?" You backed up
"I've been here since 7:40pm!" He raised his voice. 
"What?! Why-" 
"If the plan back fired I'd be your only friend here!" He winked. You weren't sure whether to feel relieved or frustrated. The music seemed to have gotten even louder making Jackson raise his voice. 
"Wanna dance?" He almost had to scream. Before you could answer he dragged you somewhere. It was dim and there was only the blink of strobe lights here and there to see your surroundings. Jackson was in front of you holding your waist, in a friendly way, swaying your hips side to side. People danced against each other, pulling and swaying along with the beat. Jackson had made his way behind you and had pulled you close. You had downed 2 cups of 
Jack Daniels mixed with another drink, making your head spin. To be honest, you were having fun. But there was this empty feeling still lingering on your chest. Mark was still the centre of your attention. It was annoying to keep thinking about him or what he's doing. Or maybe if he's doing it with a chick or looking for you. Everything suddenly became more vibrant and fun but at the same time you felt weak and drowsy. The dance floor was full of sweaty dancing people and you thought it was time to take a break. You pulled away from Jackson and made your way elsewhere. 

"Hey." Mark slurred. You gulped. He was definitely drunk. He pushed his body against yours and placed his fingers in your hair. Against the wall he bent his head down to look in your eyes. Mark slid one had down from your neck to the small of your back while the other held your face. His eyes wondered around your face. From eyes to cheeks to nose then lips. Although you weren't even kissing the intimacy between you two was enough to make you feel hot and in a daze. Mark pushed his lips against yours. This time you couldn't resist yourself; you kissed back. He had pulled you in even closer to his body and began moving his lips. It shot goosebumps down your body and you held onto his neck. His tongue brushed against your lip. You had only moved your lips slightly apart but Mark was already dominating your mouth. It hurt to know he'd only do this because he was drunk. You put your hands on his chest you pushed him away. He looked into your eyes. You shook your head. Mark looked down and loosened his grip on you. 
"I'm sorry." He said
"No no, it's ok. Your drunk and all so-"
"No I mean, for the past few weeks."
"Oh.." You were shocked
"Look I know I've been a head." He put his forehead against yours. "I know, I really know."
You just half smiled back. 
"This." He whispered. You felt his hand travel from your shoulder, down your arm till your wrist. He touched the bracelet. 
"I forgot." Mark moved his forehead from yours to the space of the wall next to your head. You could feel his breath on your neck. 
"Sorry." He almost murmured giving a small kiss on your collar bone.
"You're with Jackson now I know, but I want you." He breathed "Break up with him." You wanted to scream that it was a lie. That Jackson didn't even have any feelings for you. "Actually that's stupid, I shouldn't be asking that." No you want to tell him. It was ok you want to say. "I'm supposed to look after you... But I can't help but love you." You didn't know how to deal with this. He was drunk. But it felt so, so real. So ing real it almost broke your heart to think that it wasn't. 
Mark looked up and frowned. He let go of you completely and half staggered to take a step back. 
"Woah." You said reaching out to hold him. 
"I need to sit." He hiccuped. You smiled sadly and took him to a chair. He had closed his eyes for a bit. Another button of this white shirt had come undone from the last time you saw him, because of this you could see the glimpse of his chest. 
"I'm going to get a drink stay here ok?" You said. He just groaned and you squirmed through people to the kitchen. 

Pouring some water in an already used cup you placed it on your lips. You were waiting for a feeling of relief from the water but you realised someone was holding the cup. 
"Don't." They said placing it down "Someone's put something in that." You groaned. Looking up you saw the hot chick from before. 
"Thanks." You smiled, she handed you an unopened water bottle.
"So Bambi how's the party?" She asked 'Bambi?'
"It's eh." You shrugged gulping down the water. She just snorted and took a shot of alcohol. 
"Why don't you join them?" She signalled with her head. You looked over to see a group of people in a circle, order of boy girl boy girl. Except one end there were two boys. 'Jackson?' You thought squinting your eyes. They were passing a small square of paper between their lips to each other. It had come to Jackson but the paper slipped in a result of him kissing the guy beside him. It became a riot over there and you mentally face palmed. 
The girl laughed catching your attention again. "Look Bambi, I gotta scoot. Take care hun." She grinned 
"Wait," You said "What the hell is your name?" She just smiled and winked,
"Call me Jo. And by the way people say the truth when their drunk." Then she jogged away. She was like your ing guardian angel.

---

OMG 100 subscribers~~~

ILY ALL~ *throws confetti*

Please comment and upvote :*

-K