Chapter 6

Now He Knows [SEQUEL]

It was Friday; tomorrow was Saturday. 

You were picking up Jackson at his dorm, like every other morning, but you felt so nervous. You knocked on his door and you heard him cry from inside "One sec!!" 
Then a minute later Jackson yanked the door open and hopped out with only one shoe on. He was pulling his other shoe on while locking the door with his other hand. Jackson stood up straight and dusted the invisible dirt off his jacket and stepped forward to walk beside you. 

An awkward atmosphere filled the air.you had mentally cringed trying to decide whether you should talk or not. Your fist was clenched on the side of your shirt as you made no efforts to even look at him. Both of you knew that either of you didn't want to talk but we're trying to. You both knew it was awkward, but there was no way to break it. 
"Ok, I'm just going to go straight for it." Jackson sighed "What's happening between you and Yerin?" 
"You wouldn't believe me.." You inwardly scowled 
"Hey, I'm a friend not a ." 
"But you won't-"
"I will."
"It's just-"
"Hey, I'm not going to kill you for your own opinion."
"Ok, but I don't think this is the right time for this conversation."
"Then no details." He shrugged
"Let's just say... She not who you think she is. She's using you and Mark.. For her own reasons." 
Jackson heavily exhaled. 
"See I told you," You pouted "You don't believe me." 
"No no, I guess there's a possibility you could be true but it's just.. It's hard to think that she would.. Be like that." Jackson explained. Suddenly you remembered; you had the letters Yerin threw at you. You shoved your hand into your bag and shuffled around to find the delicate pink papers.
"What are you-" 
"Yes!" You grinned with pink crunched up papers in your fist. "This is what Yerin wrote to me." Jackson reached out to read it but you backed away.
"You're the kinda person that confronts people easily and that stands up for what you think is right no matter what." You said 
"So please, and I'm serious here, please, don't tell show or just do anything about it." 
Jackson bit his lip.
"Please?" You smiled. He nodded his head and you passed him the notes. 
"Hey you guys~" Leì said very accurately in Korean. You pushed the notes violently into Jacksons pocket and turned to Leì.
"Wow, your Korean is getting good." You complimented 
"Thank you." He replied "Mark couldn't come this morning so I wanted to meet up with Jackson to get to school." He explained half in Korean half in Chinese. You were relieved as you realised Mark wasn't beside Leì. 
"Ok then, let hurry up; class starts soon." You tugged them along. 

In class you had watched Jackson constantly furrow his eyebrows or scrunch up his nose. You were pretty sure that what he was doing wasn't some new flirting technique; but something he did in frustration over Yerin. 
Jackson couldn't believe he had fallen for that deceiving son of a . She had completely brain washed Mark and himself into her own little spell. Jackson had to tell someone or even just hint to someone about this. He didn't want Mark to be brainwashed but that's what hurts you. But he didn't want to tell Mark then have you and Mark get together. But then again, this was his chance. His chance to show Mark who you belong to: him. Not Mark. Not anybody else. This is what he came to Korea for right? Jackson turned to you. He watched as you looked over at Mark and admired every little thing he did. He watched as you continuously glanced around to check if anyone was watching. He watched as the twinkle in your eye shone as Mark smiled. It hurt so much. Jackson figured maybe this time he wouldn't be selfish; he would put his feelings away and help you get Mark.  

-lunch-

You and Jackson decided to sit with your real friends this time so you both walked your way over there. You were about 6 paces away when Jackson wrapped an arm around your waist. You stiffened but he leaned into your ear and whispered 'Trust me.' You just carried on walking and once you got to the table you noticed Jin grinned mischievously at you. You rolled you eyes and sat down. 
"So I have something to announce," Jackson said clapping his hands together "We are officially dating~" He declared. 
"Since when-" But Jackson clamped his hand over your mouth and laughed nervously. At the far end of the table Mark had squished his juice carton to dust and had almost burst out in annoyance. Jackson was smirking, his plan to make Mark jealous was working: 1-0 to Jackie. 
Everyone kept talking about you and Jackson; it was throwing Mark off the edge. But why should he care? He likes Yerin anyway. Its not jealousy. What would he be jealous of anyway? Mark kept repeating excuses to keep himself from kidnapping you for himself. 

-after school- 

You were walking towards the school gates to leave jut before Mark had called your name. He jogged to catch up with you and you stood strong and looked at him skeptically. 
"Hey," He breathed "Let's go." 
"Go where..?" You questioned staying rooted to the ground
"Go.. Home, we live with each other remember?" Mark said ever so casually. You were quite sure why he was talking to you. 
"I'm here to pick you up like usual."
"You mean like you used to." You sneered
"Let's just go home together." He pushed
"Why?" Jackson had suddenly appeared putting an arm around your shoulder. 
Mark immediately gripped on Jacksons shirt  "Listen you-" 
"What? You jealous?" Jackson cut him off. Mark just sighed let go and told you not to be home late then walked off. The moment Mark couldn't been seen Jackson let go of you and half danced smiling. He raised a hand in your face to high five you,
"I'm such a good actor." Jackson smiled. You narrowed you eyes at him and crossed your arms.
"I need to talk to you about today." You sternly said. Jackson awkwardly put his hand down and gulped. You whispered for him to come and started walking the long way home. He had explained his plan to you the way he had everything set up in his brain. He wanted to lure Mark into his own spell and show him who he really loved. To Jackson, Mark still wasn't quite sure if he had feelings for you and even if Mark did, he'd deny them. You weren't so sure about Jacksons 'man instinct' (as he says) because you were pretty sure he didn't even have any reflexes. You had both debated in whether this'll be the best way for Mark or even if you need his help for this matter. But Jackson had gotten the better of you. In the end there wasn't really a plan but if Mark were to be in the same room as them, you'd have to just follow Jacksons lead. 

You opened the front gate to your house and leaned in to hug Jackson goodbye. But instead he cheekily kissed your cheek and grinned. 
"Hey-"
"He might be watching dear." Jackson whispered. You just half smiled back.
"I'll see you tomorrow evening at 8pm. I'll pick you up. Make sure to bring it." Jackson informed about your game. 
"Oh I'll bring it on." You laughed. Then with a final wave you walked back inside.

-Saturday evening-

It was almost 8 and you were just waiting for Jackson. You were wearing a black right fitted dress that wrapped your body into an hour glass figure. The front dipped in a really low U shape (with sheer skin tone material behind) and it fitted to your knees. Well, it was either legs or s. Your hair was curled messily, your winged eyeliner and flawless skin was on point. Altogether you had that effortless vibe radiating straight off you. Mark was downstairs in a white button up shirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was gelled up and back; it was minor but hot.

You made your way downstairs and saw Mark resting, legs out and phone in hand on the sofa. Carefully you stepped down with your feet sideways so your heels could fit on each step. Thinking that it was last step -you were on the second to last- you buckled over trying to stand on the last step. Mark whipped his head towards you. In a moment he was beside you in one knee.
Face to face he whispered,
"You ok?"
You gulped at the intimacy between your faces. 
"Yeah."
"Pabo." Mark grinned. It felt like déjà vu. The day where this whole mess started. You pushed him away immediately face completely flushed. Mark helped you up by gripping onto your hand and pulling onto your waist. 
"U-Uhm.. Thanks I er- do you know if Jackson has called?" You stammered composing yourself. As if on cue Marks phone went off. He brought it to his ear,
"Hello," He said
"Uh yeah.. I'm still here with her. Oh.. Ok, no no it's fine. Yeah no I don't mind. Your welcome, bye." Mark hung up and gave you a half anxious half embarrassed look. Your phone vibrated in your hand. It was from Jackson, it read: 'Your welcome' 
'What is he on about?'
"Soo.. Basically, Jackson won't be able to make it to the party till 9:30pm. He asked me to take you there instead." Mark awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. 

---

Hey guys~~ So I got my results for my maths exams and I got a B~! (I'm in Year 9, no GCSE's yet) 

Not that this is related to anything but yay. 

So I'm absolutely in love with Jackson for being such a bæ to our main. *throws hearts*

 Thanks for all the lovely comments, you all, genuinely, make me smile from the heart.

-K