Kim paired with Ms. President

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

One day, after her 10 a.m. class, same routine, immediately went to the library for the love note.  When she opened the book, there was no note.  She felt sad but she noticed that her note was not there.  Her heart was crushed; she returned the book to the shelf and went back to her table.  While she was thinking about what happened, someone came to her,

               “Good morning!  The election for the student government is fast approaching; I would like to ask you who’s your bet for President for student government?  This is just a survey.”

 

               “I’m sorry, I’m not interested.”  Kim answered.

               “Excuse me, are you a student here?”  The girl asked.

               “Of course I am.  Look what I’m wearing? The university uniform.  Kim answered.

               “You don’t know me don’t you?  The girl asked.

               “No.”  Kim looked up and paused.  “Who are you by the way?”

               “So you don’t know me, well, I’m just the President of the Student Government!”  The girl raised her voice.  Everyone was watching at them.

               “Oh, I’m sorry; I come here every single day to this university to finish the degree.  I don’t come here for your student government something.”  Kim answered.

               “Fine, thank you for your time.”  The girl walked away.

 

               The bell rang for the next class. Kim went to her classroom but there was a note posted on the door.
               “English 102 AD. Proceed to AVR 3.”

               AVR 3 was the biggest audio-visual room of the university.  Kim chose to sit at the back.  Her classmates were wondering why they are in the audio-visual room.

               The room was noisy until one professor came in.

               “Everybody please sit down.”  The professor said and everybody went to their seats.

               “Where is the class AD? Please raise your hands.”  The AD class raised their hands.

               “You are here because your teacher is having health problems.  We can’t find a replacement now because the semester is going to end.  Whether you like it or not, you are fused to my class until semester ends.  I chose this Audio-Visual Room because we are going to have an activity.  To know each other more and fast, One from AC and one from AD will pair and will seat beside each other.  Are you guys with me?”  Professor asked.

               “Yes sir.”  The class answered.

               “Okay, let’s start pairing I have here your class cards.”  He showed the class cards of two sections to the class and placed on the table.  He picked one card from AC and one from AD.  “The first pair will be Pie Mindara and Kimhan Buranaphan.  Both of you please stand.”  Pie stood up.

  Everybody were shocked and looking for Kim.  One of the students raised her hand.

“Excuse me sir, I think Kimhan is not around.”

               “Where is Kimhan Buranaphan?”   The professor asked.

               “I’m here!”  Kim said from the back.

               “Kimhan please seat beside her.”  Pointing at Pie.

               “But sir,” Kim insisted.

               “No buts Kim, sit beside Pie right now.”

               It was Pie who was arguing with Kim at the library.  Pie was the president of the student government who took survey at the library. Smart, responsible, approachable and cute, that was everybody described at her.  Pie was everybody’s friend.  She was already in her graduating year.

               Kim had no choice, she came down and seated beside Pie.

               “Say hi to each other.”  Professor said.

               “Hi”  They said without looking at each other.

               “Now the next pair will be….”  The professor continued the pairing.

 

               After the pairing, the professor announced his assignment to the class.  “Okay, your assignment will be like this.” He the screen and hit play using the remote.”

               The video was about the two persons performing a drama which was related to the topic.  After showing the video, the professor gave some thoughts about what drama is and he showed a glass jar with rolled paper in it.  The bell rang.  Everybody was about to stand.

               “Wait, the rolled paper here is your topic.  Pick one before you leave.”  The professor said.

               “We have to talk.”  Pie said to Kim.

               “You pick.”  Kim said.

               Pie picked one rolled paper and they went out.

               “What is it?”  Kim asked.

               Pie opened the paper, “Lovers?”

               “What?”  Kim asked.

               “Are you deaf?  I said lovers.  Read if you want to be sure.”  She gave the paper to Kim.

               “I don’t understand.”  Kim said.

               “Me too, let’s ask the professor.”

              

“You don’t know about lovers?”  Professor asked.

“I know sir but….”  Pie answered.

“How about you Kimhan?”  Professor asked.

“I don’t believe in that sir.” Kim answered.

“I don’t believe you.  How about you Pie?  I don’t believe if you too, how about your boyfriend?”

“Sir,…”

“I have eyes and ears Pie and you are not just an ordinary student here.  People are talking about you and you too Kimhan.  If you Kimhan, don’t know about this, Pie, will you please teach her?”

Pie nodded. “What are we going to do about this topic?”

“Simple, you will play as lovers.  You will be focused on same relationship.”

“But sir..”

“I said no buts.  That’s final.  I have to go; I am already 2 minutes late for my next class.”

Pie was looking at Kim.  “Why am I only one talking here?”  You’re not helping Kim.”

“I don’t know what to say.”  Kim answered.

“Fine, we have no choice here.  Do you have class?”  Pie asked.

“None.”

“Let’s meet tomorrow, 11:00 at the library.”

“I can’t Pie.”  Kim was thinking about the note.  “How about today?”

“I can’t.  I’m working at the library.  My shift starts in five minutes.”

“Wow, the top of the class, the president of the student government and also a working student?”

“I have to go, give me your phone number.”  Pie asked.

Kim gave her phone to Pie.

“Okay, I will call or text you.  You don’t want my phone number?”

“I’ll wait for your call and text, that’s the time I’ll save your number.”

“Okay, bye.”

“Bye.”

They parted ways.

 

Kim went home.  She noticed her parents’ car parked at the front of the condominium.  She was happy.  When she was about to open the door, the door opened in front of her face, it was her father and mother.  They were about to leave.

“Where are you going?  I just got here.”  Kim asked.

“We are just checking, I just got a call from the office, it’s an emergency.”  Her mom answered.

 

“We are on a hurry Kim.  We’ll call you tonight.  Bye.”  They left Kim at the doorstep. Her parents didn’t call that night but Kim doesn’t care about that anymore.

 

She was about to sleep, she received a text from Pie.

“Let’s meet at 11:30 at the library, 3rd floor.  Find me.”