Kim's new found love

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

It was one boring day  at the university.  Kim, a sophomore student, a lesbian with great looks who does not like hanging out with friends; for her, being alone was the best way to escape from spending too much money.

Kim’s parents were rich.  Her parents owned ten malls throughout Thailand and construction businesses but Kim was stingy.  Most of the students in the university wanted to be friend with her because of her money and she doesn’t like that.

 

After her 10:00 a.m. class, she went straight to the library to sleep.  Her next class was 12:30 p.m. so she had one hour and thirty minutes to rest.  Next week was their examination week; the library was full for research and study.  Kim didn’t mind about the exams, she was smart, whether she study or not, she got A’s in her exams.  She went down to the basement to her table but the table was already occupied.  She shook her head and looking some table in the basement but all were occupied.  She went upstairs looking for more until she reached the third floor; she found a table near the window.  She went to the table and seated.  She was about to close her eyes, she noticed by her fingers there was an engraved letters and numbers on the table.

 

“I wonder what this is.”  She asked.  So she copied it to her phone.  She was looking for a shelf that marked QL.  When she found the shelf, she started looking for a book with numbers 737 .P96 F67 1983.  There she found the old hard cover colored purple book.

“Aha, Gorillas in the Mist, first edition.  I already watched this movie. Wait the page!”  She searched the page number then there was a note inserted.  She read the note:

              

“When sadness was the sea, you were the one that taught me to swim.”

 

“How silly is this, a love quote? This note was written two years ago.”  Kim looked at the date written.  “Well, let me reply this silly love note.”  She went to the table with the note and the book.  She took a note and a pen.

 

“I was a ship captain & you were my lighthouse.

I became driftwood when your moon stole my tide & the seagulls of your laughter never stopped echoing in the seashells of my thoughts.

Yours were always the bitterest of waves.”

 

She read the first three pages of the book maybe she can find the any clues.  Instead of finding of some clues, she found the book very interesting, a page-turner book, when she finished chapter five, the bell rang for her next class but before she left, and she inserted her reply note to the same page where she found the note and returned the book the shelf and said, “I’ll check you tomorrow.”

 

She went home straight after the class.  She lived in a class condominium, just a walking distance from the school.  She lived with a butler named Aunt In who served and watched her anytime of the day, every day.

“How was your day Kim?”  Aunt In asked.

“It’s the same boring day, Aunt In.”  Kim answered.

               “Are you hungry?”

               “Yes.  Is there message from mom and dad?”  She went to the kitchen looking for food.

               “None, Kim.”  Aunt In shook her head.  “Here’s the cake, Kim.”

               Kim brought the cake to the living room, seated on the couch and the TV.

 

               It was another boring day for Kim.  She went to her classroom for her first class.  Kim was popular in the university because of her good looks and being the daughter of the rich family.  Everybody was looking at her when she walked around the campus.  Everybody wanted to be with her, to be a friend or more than a friend.  Even she looked like a man in the way she dress, boys were still crazy about her and the girls of course.

               The class started.  Kim’s mind was not in the class, she kept thinking about the note she wrote on the book.  After the class, she hurriedly went to library, climbed to the third floor.  Luckily, the table was vacant.  She put her bag on the table and she went to the shelf to get the book.  There she found a new note.  Someone replied her note.

 

“Now that you've left, all that I am is drowning. 
Like a puncture I gasp, breathing yet out of air. Still. 
It's always incomplete.”

 

               “I wonder who wrote this.”  Kim asked.  She brought the book and the note to her table.  She kept thinking about what to reply.  “I have nothing to say.  Think Kim.  Think!”  Then she got an idea.

              

               “Even though I left you and let you down,

                but my love never fades, I always love you.”

 

               Kim was smiling when she inserted the note to the book, she read some chapters, when the bell rang for her next class, and she returned the book back to the shelf and left.

 

               They kept exchanging love notes for almost 4 months.  Their love grew more through notes.  They considered themselves as officially dating even they don’t know each other.  Kim posted all the love the notes on her wall in her room.  She kept reading all of them every night.  She felt happy for the first time.  Every time she read or heard a love quotes she copied it maybe she can use them on her love note romance.