The graduation

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

Pie went back to her dorm after their dinner.  Early in the morning she went home to visit her parents.  Her parents were happy when Pie told them about the graduation.

               Her mother looked like the older version of Pie but still beautiful in her age cooked some food for their little celebration.  Her father looked like ten years older that her mother went to the market and buy some drinks.  Pie’s parents were not rich like Kim’s parents they can’t even afford Pie’s tuition for college so when Pie passed the scholarship; they were so happy and happier because Pie was going to graduate.

               After their small celebration, Pie talked to her parents about Kim.  At first they were little bit disappointed about their relationship but for them as long as their Pie is happy, it was fine for them.

               Kim also went to her parents with Aunt In at their office.  Her parents were very busy but they still find time to listen to Kim.  She told her parents about Pie and convinced them about her love to Pie.  Her parents were glad about their daughter’s love life and they wanted to meet the person who made her daughter happy.

              

               It was graduation day.  All the graduating students with their parents were ready for the ceremony.  Kim was still at home preparing for her camera.  Aunt In was busy in the kitchen for the celebration.  Kim phone rang.

               “Hello Pie, I’m coming.  Tell them don’t start without me.”  Kim laughed.

               “Hurry up Kim.  The ceremony will start at three minutes.”

               “I’m on the elevator now.  Bye.”

 

               Kim arrived on time. She hugged Pie.  “I’m sorry Pie.”

               “It’s okay Kim.  Meet my family. Mom, Dad, this is Kim.  My girlfriend.”

               Kim felt happier when Pie introduced her as her girlfriend to her parents.  “Nice to meet you.”  They shook hands.  “I take you a picture. “

               The ceremony started.  Kim was seated beside Pie’s parents at the side of the hall.

               Pie’s mom held Kim’s hand.  “Take care of my daughter Kim.

               “Yes, and I won’t hurt her.”

               Her mother nodded.

               “We will celebrate after graduation at my place.”

               Her mother nodded.

               “Pie has a surprise for you.”

               “What?”

 

               “Let’s go near the stage.”

               The emcee announced the academic awardees.  Pie was one to be given an academic award as Summa Laude and graduated as an academic scholar.  Her parents were requested to give the medals to Pie.  Her mother was crying that time.

 

               They went to Kim’s house after the graduation.  Aunt In cooked her best foods for Pie’s parents. 

After their celebration, Kim asked her driver to drive Pie’s parents to home. When everybody left, Kim and Pie went to the rooftop.

               Pie pressing Kim’s arm.  “Thank you for the celebration Kim.”

               “You’re welcome.   I went to my parents the other day Pie.  I told them about you, about us.”

               “Are they okay about us?”  Pie asked.

               “Yes, and they are very excited to meet you.”

               “So are going to visit them?”

               “Yes but not now Pie.  By the way, I have a surprise for you.”  Kim showed the tickets and passports to Pie.  “These are my parents gift for you.”

               “You’re parents are sweet Kim.  I thought you don’t like them because they’re always busy.”

               “Yes it was before, but I understand them.  They helped a lot of people Pie, they give jobs to people.”

               “I know something about you Kim.”

               “What Pie?”

               “You also help people; you gave them a chance to fulfill their dreams.”

               “Did Aunt In tell you about this?”

               Pie nodded.

               “Aunt In really has a big mouth.”  Kim laughed.

               Pie looked at the passport. “So when this Europe tour?”

               “Friday so we still have time to pack.”

              

Pie hugged Kim so tight.  “I love you Kim.”

“I love you too Pie.”

 

Kim and Pie took the flight as scheduled to Europe and that day, the police went to the library to search for Jack’s body.  One of the policemen found something different on the floor under the shelf on the basement.  He moved the shelf then he found a door headed to downstairs.  He called his colleague to climb down; there they found a skeleton of Jack’s body kneeling facing the wall holding a black book of dark magic.

They removed the Jack’s body after the investigation.  They sent the body the forensic autopsy room to examine on how Jack died.  The forensic technician found nothing.

The cause of Jack’s dead was still a mystery.