Kim's new friend

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

Kim went to the library at 11:00.  She went straight to her table and to the shelf.  She picked the purple book and opened the page 178 then she smiled, there was a note.

 

“How I wish I could undo all that has happened. I want nothing more than to love you, to make you happy. I wish there were words to describe how much in love with you I am, but words cannot come close to expressing how I feel.

I’m sorry about yesterday, I was busy.”

              

Kim replied the note,

 

“Our love will never die.  If we just believe that this love will last, it will.  I promise.

I LOVE YOU!

 

Don’t worry, I was busy too.”

 

After she returned the book to the shelf with her note inserted on the same page.  Pie called her at her back.

“Did I tell you,” she quoted “find me?  I’ve been looking for you.  What are you doing here?”

“I’m looking for a book.”

“What book?  It’s already late; we have only...” looking at her watch. “15 minutes for our meeting.”

“Ah, nothing.  Let’s start.” Kim said.

“Follow me.”  Pie commanded.

“Wait, I have to get my things first.”

“Okay, in 5 seconds.”

 

They went downstairs to the first floor where Pie was assigned.

“Here, I found this book last night.  Copy the page 68, the dialogue part.”  She handed the book to Kim.

She opened and read the said page, “I don’t like this.  Much better if we create on our own.”

“What?  We don’t have time and I don’t have time, I have so many projects to do but if you can, I give you tonight.  I will read your work tomorrow.”

“Okay,..”

“One condition Kim, if I don’t like your work, we will use this book.  Okay, sunshine?”  Pie smiled.

“Deal.”  Pie agreed.  The bell rang, they went to their next class together.

 

The professor discussed some pointers about the drama.  They were dismissed earlier so that they can work on their assignment.

 

Kim went home earlier for the assignment Pie gave.  She was about to start working on her assignment, Pie texted her.

 

“Your task, do it tonight or else………”

 

Kim asked.  “Else what?”

 

“Just do it and good luck.”  Pie replied.

 

She spent staring at her computer for two hours.  She doesn’t know where to start.  She was looking at the love notes for her reference but no used.  She dialed the Pie’s number.

 

“Hello Kim.  I can sense you can’t do it.”

“How did you know?”

“I have fifth sense. Haha!” Pie laughed.

“Come here please?”  Kim asked.

“Well, okay.  I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“You know where I live?”  Kim asked.

“Every student in the university knows where you live.”  Pie answered and hung up the phone.

 

After 4 minutes, the doorbell rang.  Aunt In, her butler hurriedly opened the door.  Kim was waiting for Pie at the living room.

Pie was amazed to the full white home.  All things are well arranged and you can’t see one single dust around.

“Hello Pie, thank you for coming.”

“Nice place huh.”  Pie said.  “Where are your parents?”

“This is my own place; I live here with Aunt In only.”

“Can I look around?”  Pie asked.

Kim nodded.

 

After roaming around the house, she asked something for Kim.

“Can I enter your room?”

“No, that’s private.  Even Aunt In can’t.”

“Okay, I respect that, so where do we start.”

“Want to eat something?  We have best cake here.”

“Okay, give me some.”

Kim called Aunt In to get cake.

 

They were sitting on the couch in the living room.  Kim offered her laptop to Pie and they started brainstorming.

 

They finished the dialogue in two hours.

“Good that were done.”  Pie said.

“Nice Pie.” Kim smiled.

“Can I go home now?”  Pie asked.

“I will get you a taxi.”  Kim offered.

               “No, my dorm is just a walking distance from here.”

               “Can I walk with you?”

“Sure, let’s go.”

 

               While walking along, Kim gave Pie a keychain with Kim’s face on it.

               “What’s this for?”  Pie asked.

“Just a symbol of thanks and friendship.  Thank you Pie.”  Kim answered.

“Well, okay, thank you for this.  So we’re friends now.  The cake was really good.  Did Aunt In bake the cake?”

“Yes, I’ll give you some tomorrow.”

Pie smiled.

“Pie, can I asked you a question?”  Kim asked.

“Yes.”

“It’s about what the professor said, about your boyfriend.  Where is he?”

“He was missing two years ago.”

“What?”

“He just gone Kim, I don’t know where he is now.  Maybe he transferred to another place, I really don’t know.”

“Did you ask her parents?”

“I never met his parents.”

“So, where did you guys meet?”  Kim asked.

“At the cafeteria, please don’t ask how.  It was really embarrassing.”  Pie answered.

Kim nodded. 

“Do you still love him?”  Kim asked.

“No, not anymore.  Actually, everything went fine when he left.  My studies, grades went good.”

“So you were bad before because of him?”

Pie nodded.

“I see.  Do you have special someone now?”

“Yes, I think.”

“Why, does he know?”

“Yes he knows but I don’t him yet.”

“What?”

“I’m just waiting for the right time.  Change topic please.”

“Okay,”

“This is my stop.  My dorm.”

“I’ll go then, good night Pie.”  Kim was about to leave.

“Wait Kim! Don’t forget the cake.”  Pie chuckled.

“Yes, I promise.”  Kim nodded.