getting closer

The Safest Place on Earth

Pie felt the dust around the house.  She cleaned the house, vacuumed the carpet while Kim picked some vegetables in the garden.

 

               It’s already lunchtime.  Pie wanted to cook for lunch but she didn’t know what cook.  She looked around the kitchen but she found nothing.

 

               “Hey there, looking for something?” Pie opened the kitchen door.

               “I just want to cook something. Oh, vegetables!” Looking at Kim’s brought.

 

               “You ate vegetables, right?  I’ll make you salad. “

               “I want to help.  What will I do?” Pie asked.

 

               “Okay, I’ll wash these vegetables first and let’s cut these into pieces together.”  Pie smiled and nodded.

 

               Kim is a good cook.  She can cook everything.  Vegetable salad is her best recipe.  After preparing their lunch together, they brought their food outside and ate lunch at the garden.

 

               Kim is looking at Pie while eating.  She saw something at Pie that she cannot explain.  She felt bright when Pie’s near her and talking to her.  When Pie realized that Kim was staring at her, she looked at Kim and smiled and Kim looked down right away and ate her food still pretending she’s not looking at Pie even Pie noticed her already.

 

               “Kim?” Pie asked.   

               “Yes, Pie?” Kim answered.

               “Can I ask you something?”

               “Yes, sure.”  Kim answered.

               “Can I go to the market to buy something? Pie asked in a sweet tone.

               “Sure, Pie.  I can drive you.  We have truck at the back.”

               “After lunch, is it okay to you?” Pie asked in sweet tone again.

               Kim laughing at the tone.  “Hahaha, okay.  I will show you also beautiful spots here.  We have whole afternoon to wander.

               “Thank you, Kim.” Pie smiled.

               They went to the market.  Pie bought some personal stuff and Kim bought some for their food.  They went three beautiful spots in Nan.  They took pictures together, laughing, giggling and teasing to each other.  Kim bought personalized bracelet in a souvenir shop and gave to Pie.   Pie loved the bracelet so much and she promised Kim she will wear the bracelet always.  Then they went home.

               They got off the truck, the groceries Kim bought fell down the ground.  Pie helped Kim to pick the groceries and they were both laughing while picking the groceries.  While picking the can goods, Kim touched Pie’s hand.  Pie felt the cold of Kim’s hand, she paused, looked at Kim’s eyes and Kim also to her.  Suddenly the world stops.

            

               “Kim?” Pie asked.

               “Pie?”

               “Are you one of the Cullen’s siblings in Twilight? Your hand is cold.”

               “I was.”  They both laughed and went inside the house.

Matt was looking at the recorded CCTV camera he borrowed from the supermarket.

               “Maybe we find someone here, a clue.”  He said.

               “Nah, I need to go home Matt.  My wife is going to kill me.  I’m tired.”  John complained.

               “Okay, see you tomorrow.”

               Matt didn’t stop searching. Until he found Pie talking to a woman and helped her to pick up the grocery.

               “That’s her!  Who’s that woman?”  Matt hit pause key of the video and zoomed the picture of the woman and clicked print icon on the screen.

               “I’ll find you, woman. Whoever and wherever you are.”  Matt evilly laughed.