Kim's mom and dad acceptance

The Safest Place on Earth

Three months later.

Pie woke up, Kim was not beside her.  She went out to the balcony looking for Kim.

               “Where is she?” she asked herself.

 

               The door opened.

“Looking for me?  Good morning, Pie!” Holding a tray.  “Breakfast in bed for my Pie.”

               “Thank you my Kim.” Pie went back to the bed.

               Kim poured coffee to a cup and gave the cup to Pie.

               “Thanks, boss.” Pie smiled.

               “Will you help me deliver the vegetables to Puey?”

               “Yes.” Pie simply nodded.

 

               They went home after they deliver the vegetables to Puey.  Kim found out her mom and dad were waiting for her at the garden.

               “Mom, you’re here!”  She hugged her mom. But her dad still mad at her.

               “Look at Kim, she didn’t change.”

               “Dad, this is who I am.  Why don’t you just accept being me?”

               “You are disgusting Kim!”

               “You’re hurting her, please stop that.”  Kim’s mom crying.

               Kim ran away.  Her dad walked away.

 

               “Who are you?” Kim’s  mom looking at Pie.

               “I’m Pie, Kim’s friend.”

               “You live here?”

               “Yes, I live here almost 4 months.  Well, I’m Aunt In’s friend from the city.”

               Kim’s mom nodded.

 

               “Ma’am, can I ask you something?”

               “Yes?”

               “I would ask permission to….”

               “With Kim?  You love her?”

               “Yes, ma’am.  I know this is not normal, I know your husband will not agree with this but I want to tell you that what Kim and I have is real.”

               “Thank you, dear.  Thank you for loving Kim.”  She hugged Pie.

 

               They heard something broken inside the house.  Kim’s mom and Pie immediately went inside the house.  They found Kim’s dad lying on the floor.

 

               “Where’s Kim?  Go find Kim!” 

Pie ran outside searching for Kim.  Kim was about to sit at the garden.

“Kim, your dad needs help.”

Kim ran straight to the house.  “Dad?  Mom, I’ll get the truck.”

 

They head straight to the hospital; the staff immediately helped them to the ICU.”

 

               Kim’s dad went fine.  He transferred to a private room.  Kim’s mom asked Kim and Pie to buy for food to eat.   After the two left, Kim’s dad woke up.

               “Where’s Kim?” her dad asked.

               “They went out to buy for food, honey.”

               “Okay, I really want… I can’t accept the way…..”

               “No, honey.  Why you don’t just accept who she is?  She’s happy now.  Please, honey.”

               “But…..”

               “Look, honey.  Her friend, she accepted Kim.  She’s in love with Kim and Kim too.  I know this is not acceptable to the society but their love is real, I can see it.  I can feel it.”

               “That girl?”

               “Yes, honey.  Please let’s just leave them live but they will never live happier of you don’t accept them.”

               “Okay.” He just simply nodded.

               “Thank you.”  She smiled.

               “I want to talk to Kim alone, okay?”

              

               Kim and Pie arrived.

               “Mom?”

               “Kim, you’re here.  Your dad wants to talk to you.  Pie, let’s go outside.”

               Kim’s mom and Pie left them alone.

 

               “Kim.”

               “Dad?”

               “I’m sorry.”

               “I’m sorry too dad.  I know it’s hard for you to accept this but this is who I am.  I tried dad but…”

               “No Kim.  I’m sorry for pushing you to change.  If you did, I know won’t be happy.  I want you to be happy.”

               “Dad?”

               “It’s okay Kim.  Your mom told me about Pie.  I’m happy for you.  I’m happy for Pie too.  I was just afraid that you’ll be living alone when you get old.   I was wrong, Kim.  I am sorry.”

               “Thank you, dad.” Kim cried.

               “Call Pie.”

               Kim opened the door and asked Pie to come in.

               “Pie, thank you for loving Kim. “ Pie nodded.  “Please take care of her, okay?  Please don’t let her go.”

               “I will Mr….”

               “Call me dad.  Visit us sometimes, okay?”

                “Yes, dad.” Kim said.

 

               “Call your mom, I’m hungry.”