Properly introduced and its following complications

The First Kiss Campaign

 

Three more days passed after that encounter. Three days in which Jinki continuously scanned the corridors for a head of ruffled, black hair towering over the rest of the students. Three days of walking as slowly as he could through the halls, wishing his luck would kick in again. To his disappointment, however, it seemed like the other had completely disappeared into thin air and with only one and a half week left of the semester he was starting to get anxious. Jinki couldn’t even pretend to lounge around outside a classroom he knew the other would be in either since he didn’t actually know what his major was, which made it hard for him to know exactly which building on campus he should even start looking in. He hadn’t as much as caught a glance of Minho in the cafeteria where most students would be as well and it was a little unsettling. Had he finally gone insane with the nonstop imaginary he had done after their kiss? He couldn’t find the man anywhere.

A sigh left his lips as he did his daily scan of the cafeteria for that newly familiar face and not finding it, before he went over and threw himself into the chair opposite Taemin in their usual corner table by the windows, starting to ruffle through his bag for his packed lunch.

“Hey, Hyung!” he greeted cheerfully after having swallowed his mouthful of sandwich. “Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?”

Jinki looked up from his search to send the other a brief glare. He knew the boy was not referring to his food search. Taemin had somehow, someway managed to figure out exactly why Jinki had constantly spaced out the past two and a half weeks as well as why he took extra time walking down the hallways and he was not letting him off easily.

“I am not looking for anything,” he muttered, finally finding his lunch, ignoring Taemin’s knowing smile with a small sniff.

“Whatever you say, Hyung.”

Jinki slammed his lunchbox onto the table forcefully, showing he had no intention of continuing the road the discussion was taking. The boy only raised his eyebrows at him, smirking devilishly, and Jinki was certain he would have made a suggestive comment had not Kibum suddenly appeared, pink faced, slightly panting and grinning like Christmas had come early. Both of them blinked up at him confusedly and his grin grew wider.

“We’re having an addition to our table today,” he hastily breathed in a quiet murmur. “Play nice! I want him to feel welcomed!”

The two still sitting at the table shared a confused glance as their blond friend turned around to eagerly wave someone over. Jinki saw Taemin’s face pale slightly and his eyes grow bigger before he turned to look at whom Kibum had waved to as well.

The wooden chopsticks he had been holding fell to the floor along with his jaw. Christmas was certainly making it to Jinki earlier, because walking towards them was none other than Minho, looking too y in his opinion, with his white shirt rolled up to his elbows, showing off toned forearms, and his first two buttons undone, the hem of it tucked into black jeans the fit his mile-long legs nicely, showing the muscles moving underneath. Jinki could feel his face warm up and his heartbeat pick up, trying not to seem as if he was openly checking the other out or imagining those strong looking arms winding around him while they were kissing passionately (not a hard thing to imagine since he had already experienced it once). This was the very man who had kissed Jinki’s senses away, been on his mind constantly for two weeks and a half and managed to completely turn invisible after their second encounter, leaving him utterly confused as to what was reality and not.

“Guys, this is Minho,” Kibum explained when he had reached them. “He’s in my English class.”

“Hello,” Minho said, smiling hesitantly at the two staring at him. “Kibum wanted to introduce me to you guys.” His eyes fell on Jinki then, and his smile widened. “Hey, it’s you!”

He could only stare at him dumbly, managing to close his mouth somewhat to not look like a complete fool or accidentally start drooling. Minho looked even better than he remembered and it was doing things to him he had never experienced before. Taemin and Kibum looked between them, one worriedly, the other curiously, both trying to decipher how they knew each other.

“Do you guys… know each other?” Kibum asked, an uncertainness in his voice that was completely out of his character. Jinki managed to tear his eyes away from Minho to look at his friend, frowning at his tone. The other looked at him intently, waiting for an answer.

“I… I-I…” He stammered, his mind wiped blank by his first kiss and biggest crush to date’s presence.

“We accidentally walked into each other the other day,” Minho kindly explained in his place and relief crossed Kibum’s face briefly. The taller turned back to Jinki. “But that’s why I thought you looked familiar! I’ve seen you with Kibum before!”

He just continued staring between them, something tugging at his brain as he saw all the expressions on his blond friend’s face. It couldn’t be…

“Hyung, I want to talk to you,” Taemin suddenly announced and they all looked at him to see which Hyung he meant. The boy was staring intently at Jinki who looked at him blankly.

“Okay?”

Taemin nodded and grabbed his hand, pulling him out of his seat with a quick tug of their linked hands, making Jinki stumble to his feet and almost fall over.

“We’ll be right back!” he said over his shoulder as he dragged an increasingly confused and blushing Jinki away.

“Do you know who that is Hyung?” Taemin said as soon as they had stopped outside in the hallway, beside the cafeteria doors.

Jinki stared at him uncomprehendingly. Did he know who it was? Yes, he damn well knew who it was! He opened his mouth to respond but got cut off as the other answered his own question.

He’s the guy Kibum-Hyung’s been droning on and on about ever since the beginning of this semester!”

Jinki blinked, faintly remembering the blonde telling them about this ‘totally gorgeous’ guy in his English class that he couldn’t wait to talk to and maybe even… get… together with…

“No…” he whispered as his heart sank in his chest, not able to help himself.

“Yes,” Taemin replied. “He told me yesterday he got the courage to talk to him last week.”

Jinki wanted to throw an angry tantrum; he wanted to curse all the Gods of this world and other dimensions because of their unfairness in handling his life. But he managed to collect himself and put on an indifferent expression. If Kibum wanted Minho, he would have Minho and Jinki wouldn’t even protest. His blonde best friend needed to experience a decent relationship. Besides, he was probably just affected by the kiss anyway he reasoned with himself. Setting his mind, he straightened slightly, trying to look sophisticated.

“So?” he asked, managing to sound unaffected. “Why did you have to drag me out here to tell me?”

“Because he’s also the guy you kissed and now have a major crush on.”

Jinki choked on his own spit and started coughing. Well, so much for sophistication.

“E-excuse me?”

“Please Hyung, don’t deny it,” Taemin sighed. “But this is a problem. A really big problem. Kibum-Hyung’s going to be furious.”

“Why?” Jinki wondered, not understanding the logic. Kibum was the one who had forced him into the room together with Taemin. “If he let me kiss him in the first place, why would he be angry with me now?”

“Because he doesn’t know.”

“What?!”

“We weren’t supposed to know the one you were going to kiss, but I accidentally found out,” Taemin explained. “I just never would have guessed it was the same guy Kibum-Hyung had a crush on as well.”

“And exactly why weren’t you supposed to know?” Jinki didn’t understand that part either. If they were part of the culture committee they should be in on everything happening inside the group.

“Well…” Suddenly he looked uncomfortable. “You and Minho-sshi were both kind of forced into it at the last minute and since you didn’t officially agree we decided it was better to keep your identities to ourselves.”

Jinki stared at him disbelievingly. “Taemin, you know you could be sued for that. It can be considered a ual as well as an integrity offense.”

“It doesn’t matter anyway,” the boy quickly defended himself. “I don’t think Minho-sshi actually minded and you certainly aren’t complaining.”

He blushed and decided he needed to change the subject, for his own dignity. “Anyway, if it’s like that, it’s better to just let Kibum have him.”

The boy bit his lip, looking worried. “I’m so sorry, Hyung. If I had known-”

Jinki put his hand up to get him to stop talking, rubbing his forehead with the other to get his thoughts together.

“It’s okay, Taem,” he sighed. “I’m sure this Minho guy would rather get it on with Kibum as well.”

Taemin frowned, chewing on his lip again.

“Hyung, we don’t even know if he’s into guys,” he tried to console.

Jinki let out a short, humourless laugh. “The fact that he kissed me and told me he has kissed both guys and girls must mean he has history with both genders. I really doubt he would turn Kibum, of all people, down.”

“I wish there was something I could do…” Taemin sighed.

Jinki smiled and gave his shoulder a pat. “I told you, it’s okay. Besides, Kibum needs to get someone who seems as nice as Minho. I want him to experience a happy relationship for once.”

The boy frowned, looking sad, and Jinki knew both of them were remembering their high school years. Kibum had not been exactly bullied because he had always been one of those people who gain popularity by just existing, but he had been used brutally countless times since he fell in love too easily. Jinki and Taemin had lost track of how many nights he had cried on the phone, how more often than not he would have bruises from violent older boyfriends and how his full, strong love was never returned properly, breaking him a little more every time, wearing him down. They both had been so afraid that Kibum was going apathetic or worse, would commit suicide. It was safe to say the two of them had been extremely relieved when their blond friend seemed to have picked himself up after graduation and made a vow that he would be more careful when he entered university. That he wouldn’t keep his heart on his sleeve and think before he acted on love, which Jinki had to admit he had managed to do quite well.

“I just wish there was something I could do,” Taemin said again, pouting. “You finally fell in love, Hyung! I don’t want you to throw your feelings away!”

Jinki smiled. “It’s not love, Taem. It’s just a small crush caused by the endorphins that were released when I kissed him. It’ll fade away soon enough.”

“Hyung,” the boy whined, “please don’t go all physics on me! You know my major is Korean History!”

“It was biology, Taemin.”

“Hyung!” he groaned this time. “Korean History major! Did you miss something?!”

Jinki laughed. “Sorry, sorry.” He linked his arm with the boy and pulled him to the cafeteria doors. “Let’s make this a happy ending for Kibum, shall we?”

“I want it to be a happy ending for everyone,” Taemin muttered sullenly but Jinki chose to ignore him as they were close to the table where they had left Kibum and Minho.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I... well... yeah... Clouds on the horizon, I guess... but not tornadoes, I promise you xP

So, I decided to just continue it here instead of making a new story, how nice of me right? Hahaha xD

This is a bit half-baked though, so I apologise for it:/ I'll go through it again someday, but right now this will have to do...

I hope you liked it! I feel kinda excited to write about another pairing other than JongKey, which I usually do ^_^

Love!

Bye~!<3