Working out

The First Kiss Campaign

 

Something fishy was going on, Jinki concluded the next day as he sat blinking at two blondes with rose coloured cheeks, sitting as far away from each other as they could on the small bench across from him at their usual table in the cafeteria, facing two different directions and their lunch laying neglected before them.

He had been eating his lunch peacefully, thinking all was well with the world, when Jonghyun plopped down on the bench across from him, sliding out to the furthest corner in order to stare out the window, mumbling out an unenthusiastic ‘Hello’ before proceeding to poke at his lunch uninterestedly. Jinki had wasted a few moments staring at him in bewilderment but didn’t have the time to inquire more about his mood when suddenly his blond best friend appeared. He looked up at him, seeing the younger freeze slightly as he notice Jonghyun by the table, swaying in place uncertainly before hesitantly sitting down on the same bench but as far out on the other end as he could. Jinki had raised his eyebrows at him questioningly, but Kibum had only shook his head silently, the pink colour starting to show on both his and Jonghyun's faces while they took up looking in different directions.

Jinki frowned as he scrutinised Jonghyun's slightly sullen expression closer before letting his gaze slide over to a guilty-looking Kibum, who was now worrying his bottom lip nervously. He could not for the life of him understand why they were slightly blushing while seeming to be on non-speaking terms and he was about to open his mouth and ask when Jonghyun took out his phone to check the time, muttering something about a group meeting before getting up and leaving. Both Kibum and Jinki's eyes followed the retreating back of Jonghyun as he threw away his uneaten food and excited the door. As soon as it swung shut behind him, the younger slumped forward onto the table, hiding his face in his hands.

“I’ve been such an idiot, Hyung,” he said in a low voice. “Taemin was right, I am horrible.”

Jinki stared at the top of his head worriedly. “I really doubt he said that and why exactly would you be an idiot?”

“He might not have said it, but that’s what it means,” Kibum groaned, looking at him through his fingers dejectedly. “I was so hung up on my pride that I didn’t even realise what it made me do.”

Jinki continued to stare at him uncomprehendingly and he let out another groan.

“Kibum, what in the world happened?” he asked, now feeling extremely worried.

“You know how Taemin always tried to set you and Minho up together?” the blonde asked and Jinki nodded, blushing. “Well, that led to me and Jonghyun spending more time together than planned as well.”

“Okay…?”

Kibum sighed, closing his eyes. “He was so easy to be with, it was so uncomplicated and effortless to talk to him and he actually made me laugh more than anyone ever did but I didn’t notice… didn’t realise…”

Jinki's mouth fell open as he was starting to put the puzzle pieces together.

“That you fell in love?” he murmured.

The younger nodded. “I was so hung up on you and how you could lie to me like that and I…” He looked at him miserably, eyes watery. “I hurt him, too. He told me to give up since Minho would never love me and I refused to listen… even though he said… even though…”

Tears started rolling down his cheeks then and Jinki immediately stood up to sit down beside his friend, putting an arm around him.

“He confessed…” Kibum sniffled in a bitter laugh. “And I… I a-actually told him that he would never be the one…” He let out a sob. “God, I’m such a h-horrible person, Hyung.”

“You’re not horrible,” Jinki murmured and his hair. “You were just in love and it makes people do stupid things.”

“But that’s t-the thing, Hyung,” he whispered hoarsely. “I was in love b-but not with Minho… it was Jonghyun… a-and I didn’t see because I felt betrayed and hurt by you and Minho... I sh-should have realised it a-as soon as I started looking f-forward to hanging out with him more than either of you.” A sob escaped his lips. “N-now I’m afraid t-to tell him.”

Jinki sighed sadly, not knowing what to do or say at all as Kibum wiped his nose and cheeks on his sleeves to then bury his entire face in his arms on the table. He looked around the cafeteria for anything useful when he noticed Jonghyun worriedly watching them through the glass in the doors. Jinki smiled widely at him and he blushed but didn’t move, getting weird looks from students trying to get past him.

“Kibum, I’m going to go get some tissues, okay?” Jinki said softly, trying not to let the smile be heard in his voice.

The other nodded weakly, a sniffled ‘Okay’ coming from between the arms, and Jinki carefully stood up, discretely getting his bag from his previous seat and quickly making his way towards Jonghyun, grabbing some tissues on the way.

“You came back,” Jinki stated as the door swung shut behind him and he was standing in front of the other.

“Yeah, well…” Jonghyun scratched his neck sheepishly, throwing a concerned glance through the window. “I just felt I needed to… but if you can handle it then-”

Jinki cut him off by shoving the tissues into his hands and pushing him towards the door, a wide grin on his lips.

“You still love him?” he asked and Jonghyun nodded. “Then ing tell him,” he grinned wider and the other let out a weak chuckle as his own words were used back at him.

Jinki watched through the window as Jonghyun walked over to his friend, hesitating for a fraction of a second before sitting down beside Kibum and pulling him into a tight hug, mumbling something into his hair. He saw his best friend’s eyes widen in surprise and shock when he noticed it wasn’t Jinki holding him before even more tears ran faster down his cheeks and he hugged the other back just as tightly.

“What are you grinning at?” a deep voice asked as arms s around his waist and Jinki turned his head to smile at Minho, pointing at the scene. The taller’s eyebrows rose before he looked in the direction of Jinki's finger and his expression softened. “Seems like things are finally working out for everyone,” he chuckled.

“Yeah,” Jinki breathed and grabbed one of the hands resting on his stomach, intertwining their fingers, before wriggling out of the hold, pulling the taller with him down the hallway. “Let’s give them some time alone.”

“What do you suggest we do with the forty minutes left of your lunch then?” Minho asked and he glanced back at him, narrowing his eyes playfully at the other’s mischievous smirk.

Then Jinki stopped abruptly and turned, surprising Minho as he grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him down to crash their lips together, letting his tongue trace the taller’s upper lip and biting the lower before allowing Minho to enter his mouth. The other was more than happy to follow Jinki's lead, putting his hands on his hips to steady himself. But just as he was about to pull him closer however, Jinki broke free, biting his lip to not laugh at the other’s disoriented expression.

“Not that!” he said and quickly ran away to the exit while laughing loudly, hearing Minho laugh incredulously as well before hurriedly following him outside.

They ended up having their second war in the late January snow, running around like idiots. But this time once they managed to catch the other they would kiss or hug or just smile at each other for a moment before dropping snow down the other’s shirt or throw it in the face and run away again.

And at that moment everything was perfect to Jinki.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, yeah, not the last chapter then since you all wanted me to try >////< Ahahaha, I hope I won't disappoint and I don't know when it'll happen but it shouldn't be too far off xD

Love to you alll!<3<3

Bye~!