Lee Jinki, that's who

The First Kiss Campaign

It had been two weeks. Two entire weeks and the kiss was still very much on his mind, stuck like glue.

Minho muttered to himself sullenly while frowning.

He blamed Jonghyun. His stupid best friend, who had forced him to participate in the campaign in the first place, since he thought Minho needed ‘some action’, as he had put it. Minho sighed. He had only been single for two years and his friend was already freaking out about his social abilities (flirting, more likely).

But Minho hadn’t felt the need to go around and flirt with people. Because there was this one special person that had caught his eye and for the first time made the confident, straightforward Choi Minho insecure and nervous.

Yep. That’s right. Minho suddenly found himself rendered completely speechless and immobile every time he saw his crush, which had never happened before. He had been in relationships before, and he had really liked his partners, but for some reason beyond his ability of understanding this was different.

He had watched him from afar for a year and a half, his interest and crush growing steadily while he became more and more anxious, too afraid to walk up and talk to this amazing being that managed to make him a brain-dead idiot as soon as he was within the vicinity. However, by some of luck he had managed to enter the same class as one of the friends he always saw his crush with. Minho had wondered if he should take his chances, if it was a sign, and befriend his this person to finally officially meet the one he had watched from afar. It had almost resolved itself as the friend sat down right beside him, smiling sweetly. But unfortunately they hadn’t been able to talk much, their study groups within the class being different and Minho being the coward he apparently was (but really this was his hugest crush yet and he was scared) and it led to them barely saying anything but ‘Hi’ to each other. They finally spoke last week, though, as the blonde friend casually up a conversation about their homework and Minho willingly participated, getting over his nervousness (for God’s sake, his crush wasn’t even there!) to befriend his seat-neighbour. He was a nice and funny guy and Minho was actually glad he got to befriend him, although he still couldn’t wait to meet his crush.

But now the kiss was constantly on his mind instead, although his crush was a big part of it as well, and Minho couldn’t stop wishing it actually was him he had kissed. He had no way of knowing, what with the room they had been in being completely dark and Jonghyun (the moron) not knowing the other’s identity.

He was so caught up in his thoughts on his way to his and Jonghyun's meeting spot, he didn’t watch where he was going an bumped right into another student, their books and papers flying everywhere as they both fell to the floor.

Minho thought his heart was going to stop.

There he was. His crush. The one who had been on his mind constantly for a year and a half, making him feel like a creeper every time he stared at him from afar, the one who made him lose his concentration and only focus on him as soon as he stepped into the same room, the one who stripped him of his cool, confident personality and left a dumb gaping moron in its stead.

His crush let out a small sigh and got to his feet quickly, helping him up without looking at him before he hurriedly started to gather everything that had fallen to the floor. Minho stared down at his hand in awe. He had actually touched his crush for the first time. They had held hands! He wanted to squeal like a little girl.

“I’m so, so sorry,” his crush apologised.

Minho looked up, his eyes falling on the top of the others golden blonde hair, feeling like he was being dazzled. And he was only looking at the top of his head! What would happen when they were face to face?! He had never been this close to the other before!

He decided right then and there he needed to play it cool. He was not going to make a fool out of himself. He had to take this chance to make an impression on the other, and make it good so his crush wouldn’t easily forget about him.

“It’s alright. It was my fault as well,” he said, congratulating himself on sounding normal and calm. His insides were anything but, and he thought he would throw up any second. He hadn’t been this nervous since his first date.

His crush froze for a moment (was that good?) before looking up into his eyes. Minho's breath caught slightly in his throat at the light brown eyes that met his, and he was pretty sure that if he had been any less strong-willed, he could already be swooning. His crush looked even more beautiful up close, his lips soft- and kissable-looking, his eyes shining prettily and his cheeks rosy. Minho took this God-given opportunity to study his features thoroughly and imprint them in his memory forever.

The other seemed at a loss for words for a few seconds and they got stuck in silence. Minho would have liked nothing more than to say something extremely interesting or funny and make the other fall for him right then and there but his mind was wiped blank and he could only stare at the other dumbly, his eyes glancing down to the books in his crush’s arms quickly to find out what he was studying for something to say.

Chemistry. And biology. He was going to kill Jonghyun. Why hadn’t he said he was in the same department?! (It didn’t matter that he had never told his best friend who he actually had a crush on.)

“Um…” he said, trying to come up with something smart to say when he noticed his own math book and English notes in the pile. He smiled slightly as his crush looked down at the floor. “I think you have some of my books… and papers too.” Well done. Way to start a conversation.

To his surprise and amusement, the other blushed and dropped everything he was holding again. Minho couldn’t help but chuckle, finding his crush even more adorable than that one time he had watched the other pout while his friends were teasing him, before bending down and arranging their things in two piles before picking one up and giving to his crush.

“Here. Everything is yours,” he said and tried to give his friendliest smile.

The other blinked at him before slowly reaching out and taking it.

“T-thank you,” he stuttered and Minho felt his heart skip a beat hopefully. Was he affecting his crush?

Tilting his head slightly, he watched him closer, noticing the small blush and the nervous shake of his hands. This seemed to be going in the right direction. Feeling more confident, he tried to find another conversation starter (since his first had worked impeccably) and blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

“Are you in my class?”

He could kick himself. Of course he knew he wasn’t in his class, he practically stalked him whenever he could. He decided to continue anyway, to not make himself a complete fool.

“I feel like I’ve met you somewhere before.” Like passing him in the hallways, staring at him in the cafeteria and catching glimpses of him in their dorms.

“No, I-I don’t t-think I am. I have n-never seen you b-before,” the other answered and Minho wanted to jump with joy.

This was it right? Because he was pretty sure this was the way his former girlfriends and one of his former boyfriends had acted in the beginning of their crush on him. He tried not to smile stupidly as he watched the blush bloom on his crush’s face.

“Minho!” Jonghyun called from behind him, apparently having grown tired of waiting and went looking for him.

He turned to look at his best friend, the goofy smile not containable any longer. He was glad his back was his crush.

“Are you coming or what? We’re gonna be late for class!” the other was going to say something else but stopped and raised his eyebrows questioningly as he saw the eating grin on Minho's face. Minho could only laugh.

“Coming!” he called back before picking up his pile from the floor and turning back to his crush. An idea popped into his head and he smiled warmly. “I’m sorry about walking into you. I have to go, but let me make it up to you sometime!” he said, ensuring an excuse to talk to the other the next time he saw him.

He waited for an answer but his crush seemed too stunned to come up with anything so he simply smiled, balanced the pile in his left hand and gave a small wave before hurrying over to Jonghyun, feeling like he was finally getting somewhere with what he had though was going to be his impossible and never-in-a-million-years-happening crush.

This was certainly going to be his most interesting school semester yet.

 

~*~

 

Three years later.

“It’s not funny!” Minho complained as Jinki doubled over in roaring laughter.

They were sitting in their living room in their apartment, Jinki with his legs folded underneath him, Minho sitting Indian style, both facing each other, two cups of tea growing cold on the table in front of them and the TV on mute. The taller had just told him the story of how he’d had a crush on him for one and a half year and then how he had completely out every time they met and pretended like nothing, wanting to get his attention by trying to be cool.

“I can’t believe you waited four and a half years to tell me this!” Jinki wheezed through his laughter, clutching his cramping stomach.

Minho groaned and dragged his hands over his face. “Please don’t make me feel more humiliated than I already am.” He threw himself back over his half of the sofa, his arm over his eyes. “You are the first and only person who has ever made me act like that! I used to be so cool!”

That just made Jinki laugh even harder. The other groaned again.

“Well, if it helps,” he chortled after a while, drying a tear, “I always thought you were cool.”

Minho glanced down at him from underneath his arm, a small hopeful smile on his lips.

“Really?”

Jinki chuckled and crawled over him, brushing his lips against the other’s.

“Yeah,” he whispered and pressed his lips softly to his.

Minho hummed and grabbed his sides to pull him down on top of him, deepening the kiss.

“You know,” Jinki breathed when they stopped for some air, wriggling out of the hold slightly, “if you have any other confessions, now’s a good time.”

Jinki couldn’t hear Minho's indignant muttering over his laugh as the taller chased him around the apartment, threatening to tickle him until he passed out from lack of air. When he finally was caught, however, he was surprised by the long deep kiss he received instead of the tickle-attack that would be his death. He could feel the other smile against his lips as he pulled him closer and Jinki lifted his arms to hug the other around the waist, completely forgetting about teasing him as Minho's hands gently but determinedly grabbed his legs and lifted him up onto his hips, making him let out a small squeak. The taller laughed into their kiss.

“I love you,” he growled playfully and Jinki smiled.

Who just enters a room, with a camera, to kiss a total stranger and then falls in love with said stranger?

“I love you too,” Jinki whispered.

Lee Jinki, that’s who.

Minho chuckled, holding Jinki close to him, nuzzling their noses together. Jinki laughed as well and pecked his lips.

But to be fair, that stranger was very much in love with him too.

 

~The End~

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is the end guys. God, I'm gonna miss this story :( I have an extra thingie that I might post about Jonghyun's confession to Kibum, but right now I'm indecisive...

I hope you enjoyed this story! I enjoyed writing it and I loved reading all your comments! It made me even more excited to write this and I was quite excited from the beginning, haha! But really, thank you! Without your support and comments I wouldn't even write!

My next story is going to be up sometime within this month I hope! It's not an onho, but it is still a SHINee story. I have other onho stories that I'm gonna write one day though!

So, to those of you who aren't going to read anything else from me; thank you for the love and support and it has been a pleasure having you as a reader! <3

To those of you wanting to read my next story; I hope you'll like it too, and thank you for the support! :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

BYE~!<3<3<3<3