Done with damaging

The First Kiss Campaign

 

Jinki woke up to fingertips gently his cheek, his head supported by a strong arm acting as his pillow and warmth from a body next to his shielding him (along with the duvet covering them, of course) from the chilly morning air. He opened his eyes slowly with a small groan in his throat and came face to face with Minho's big, brown orbs looking at him searchingly. They softened and got a loving glow as their gazes met; a contented sigh leaving the taller’s now slightly smiling lips. Jinki felt his own tug up at the corners and he wiggled closer.

“Good morning,” he mumbled and pecked the other’s lips.

Minho's smile widened and the hand Jinki's cheek moved down to the small of his back, pulling him even closer.

“Good morning,” he replied in a murmur and caught his lips in a longer kiss, making Jinki hum in approval. Oh, how much he had yearned for kisses like these and cuddling Minho, he thought as he reached up to cup the other’s face.

“It’s cool that you’re all lovey-dovey now,” Jonghyun’s voice suddenly said from behind them, coming from the direction of the small dining area. Jinki squeaked in terror and almost elbowed his kisser in the chin as he sat up quickly, his cheeks reddening at an incredible speed. Minho sat up too, sending his best friend a dark glare. Jonghyun smirked at them over his bowl of cereal, seemingly having forgiven Jinki by the wink he gave him. “But just so you know this is still my room, too.”

Jinki immediately got up, swaying a little since he had stood up too quickly and his brain hadn’t followed, and shivered slightly from the coldness of the room. Putting his arms around himself for warmth, he sighed as he looked down at his wrinkled clothes. If Kibum saw this he would have a fit.

His heart throbbed painfully when he remembered Kibum would probably never even look at him again after this day. Minho seemed to sense the change in his mood and reached out to grab his hand, pulling him back onto the bed to sit between his legs.

“I-I-” Jinki started, but the other silenced him by pulling him into a tight hug.

“It’s going to be okay, Jinki,” he murmured in his ear. “I’ll always be here for you.”

“Yeah, little cutie Minnie-min here is gonna make it alright,” Jonghyun snickered, managing to put a smile on Jinki's face with the nickname.

“Don’t call me that!” Minho growled, his cheeks getting pink while glaring at Jonghyun.

“Aww, is Minnie-min embawessed?” the blonde said in a baby voice. “You wiked it when you was wittle.”

Jinki couldn’t help the laugh that escaped him as Minho let out another growl, glaring at his best friend. Then he grinned devilishly.

“I don’t like it any more, chubb-cheeks.”

The smirk on the white-blonde’s face fell and turned into a pout. Jinki laughed again and Minho smiled proudly, nuzzling his cheek with his nose. He blushed slightly as Jonghyun was still very much looking at them, but he didn’t have the heart nor the want to push the taller away. And since Jonghyun didn’t really look disgusted or offended (by their actions at least) he figured it was okay.

“So are you guys gonna join me for breakfast or what?” he asked. “Otherwise I will eat everything myself, and you shall starve,” he continued gravely, although his mouth was twitching at the corners.

Minho rolled his eyes amusedly.

“Yeah, yeah, let me just go take a shower first,” he sighed.

Jonghyun gasped in mock horror. “He’s taking a shower?! I must write this down to be recorded in history! Choi Minho is taking a shower!”

Although Jinki smiled, he still felt a twinge of guilt in his chest. He was the reason Minho hadn’t done anything for almost a week after all. The taller made an ugly grimace at his friend before shaking his head, kissing Jinki's cheek and getting up to disappear into the bathroom.

Which left Jonghyun and Jinki to stare at each other, the former grinning widely. His smile fell slightly though and he looked troubled.

“I’m sorry about yesterday,” he said in a low voice. “I was just really worried about Minho and, well… angry. But still, I’m sorry.”

Jinki shook his head. “It’s okay. I deserved to hear those things. I’ve been a complete idiot, wasting time hurting everyone instead of making it better like I initially thought I would.”

Not really looking convinced, the other opened his mouth to say something more when the sound of Jinki's phone ringing interrupted him. Jinki picked it up and noticed with surprise he had about thirty missed calls throughout the night, all from Taemin. He hadn’t even heard the phone ring.

“Hyung! Thank God you answered!” Taemin said as soon as he picked up, sounding close to tears. “I thought you had finally gone and killed yourself or something when you didn’t come back yesterday and I couldn’t get in contact with Jonghyun-Hyung or Minho-Hyung or Kibum-Hyung either!” His voice broke and the boy started sobbing.

“Hey, hey, calm down, Taem,” Jinki said soothingly and Jonghyun hit his forehead like he just remembered something. “It’s okay, I’m alive.”

“Where the hell have you been?!” Taemin sniffled while Jinki gave the shorter a questioning look. The other only shook his head. “Were the hell have any of you been?!”

“Well…” he hesitated. “Minho and I have been in his and Jonghyun's room the entire time and-”

“WHAT?!” the boy suddenly yelled and Jinki jumped. “When- where- how?!”

He laughed nervously. “Jonghyun kinda made me realise… things…”

“A-and you…?” Taemin asked, sounding almost afraid to know the answer.

“We sorted a few things out and then just kind of fell asleep,” he said sheepishly. “Sorry I forgot to call you.”

The line suddenly went dead and Jinki stared at his phone with raised eyebrows, before looking up at Jonghyun with a puzzled expression.

“What in the world just happened?” he asked slowly.

The shorter shrugged. “I forgot to tell Taemin I had told you to talk to Minho, but other than that I have no idea.”

“You forgot to tell him?” Jinki frowned. “Were you supposed to tell him?”

“Yeah, but I…” he hesitated. “Needed to take care of something.”

The only thing Jinki managed to respond with was the blinking of his eyes before there was a loud banging on the door. Minho, who had just exited the bathroom with damp hair and a fresh pair of sweatpants and t-shirt, gave the two at the table a questioning look, which was returned with blank expressions, before opening the door.

A body threw itself onto the taller and clung to him like a koala with both legs and arms, laughing loudly. Both of them tipped over with the impact and they fell down, Minho letting out a groan of pain as his back hit the hard floor.

“I can’t believe it!” Taemin sat up and shone like the sun. The taller grunted unhappily, trying to get the boy off of his stomach. “You finally made it!” he cheered, patting him on the cheek like a proud mother.

“He won’t make it much longer if you continue to cut off his air supply,” Jonghyun commented casually, not lifting a finger to help and instead going back to his cereal.

Taemin looked up at the two at the table and laughed again as Jinki stood up to make his way over to them.

“And you!” the boy shouted when his eyes fell upon his Hyung, finally getting off and wrapping his arms around Jinki's waist. “Fricking finally!”

The older laughed a little embarrassedly and scratched the back of his neck, glancing at Minho who was getting to his feet.

“I’m sorry I caused such a mess,” he mumbled, biting his lip guiltily. He let out a sigh and the other three suddenly looked at him solemnly. Jinki let his eyes travel over their faces to land on Minho's, locking gazes with the taller before speaking again. “I have to tell him, don’t I?”

They didn’t need to ask to know who he was talking about and the taller looked tense while Taemin let go of Jinki in order to rub his face with his hands.

“Right, I still have a problem with that best friend,” the boy muttered, sending a glare in Jonghyun's direction. The white-blonde narrowed his eyes at him, but Taemin ignored him in favour of speaking to Jinki again, trying to lighten up the sudden glum mood. “Anyway Hyung, we need to get back to our room and get ready for class! You’ve missed enough already!” He turned to Minho. “And you too for that matter, Minho-Hyung!”

The taller raised an amused eyebrow at the order, watching him take Jinki's hand and drag him halfway to the door with a small smile before following them. Jinki looked back at him over his shoulder, rolling his eyes and making the taller chuckle.

“See you guys later!” Taemin called and exited the room, still dragging the older by the hand.

Jinki however stopped in his tracks (stumbling not so gracefully since Taemin was stronger than him which made it hard to stand still), making the boy look back at him questioningly. Understanding overtook his features as he noticed Minho in the doorway and he smirked, letting go of Jinki's hand.

“Don’t take too long and keep it innocent!” he teased before turning around and making his way down the hall with a nonchalant wave of his hand, leaving Jinki to blush madly and Minho to laugh embarrassedly.

“That brat,” Jinki muttered and the taller laughed again. He looked up at him, smiling happily at the other’s amused expression before turning serious, taking a small breath. “We’ll meet later right?” he asked hesitantly, feeling bad for bringing up something that was unpleasant. “I want to explain everything better.”

One corner of Minho's mouth pulled up in a crooked, slightly sad smile and he nodded, brushing Jinki's cheek tenderly. “Yeah, you’re gonna have a hard time getting rid of me now.”

Jinki grabbed his hand and pressed it against the side of his face, staring into the other’s eyes.

“I always have.” He gave a guilty wrinkle of his nose. “But I’m happy it’s that way.”

Giving a small, slightly amused snort, the taller bent down and pressed their lips together gently, lovingly.

“I’ll see you later then,” he murmured when he pulled back, looking a little hesitant and worried to let the other go.

Jinki nodded and turned, feeling very reluctant to leave Minho as well when he finally had him and could be open and honest again. Apparently the other felt somewhat the same.

“Jinki…” Minho's hand closed around his wrist and he turned back most willingly, looking at him expectantly. The taller looked even more hesitant, chewing his lip nervously. “I… we’re okay right? Even if you talk to Kibum?”

Jinki gave him a puzzled frown before his heart stuttered painfully and he realised Minho was worried he would go back to pushing him away after confronting his best friend, like he had done so many times before as soon as Kibum was in the picture again.

He swallowed the lump in his throat and grabbed Minho's face gently, pulling him down and giving him a soft but passionate kiss, which the taller reciprocated immediately with just as much passion, maybe even more. Minho’s hands shot up to grab Jinki’s wrists when he started to pull back to keep him put and he complied without complaint, trying to kiss the taller’s worries away. He felt Minho relax slightly, his arms winding around Jinki's middle to pull him close while Jinki let his hands travel from the other’s cheeks up into his hair.

“I’ve not shown it properly but I love you a whole lot, Minho,” Jinki whispered when they separated as little as they could to breathe, their lips brushing as he spoke. “It was hard enough when I still tried to deny it, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave you for anyone now.”

Minho smiled slightly. “Okay,” he whispered back.

Jinki pecked his lips and, even though his body protested, pulled out of their embrace but still keeping a hold on one of the other’s hands, not able to lose all body contact just yet.

“I’ll see you later,” Minho said again, this time there was no worry and Jinki grinned at him, earning a wide smile in return.

“You’ll never get rid of me now! You’re gonna get sick of me!” he called with a small laugh as he started making his way down the corridor, holding on to the taller’s hand until he absolutely had to let go.

Minho chuckled, looking absolutely blissful. Jinki was sure he had the same expression on his face.

“Not if you get sick of me first!” the other called back.

Jinki stopped just at the end, faking a hurt expression. “I would never!”

Minho gave him a joyful smile and returned Jinki’s wave just before he disappeared around the corner, sprinting down the stairs and to his room, ignoring Taemin's smirk and suggestive comments, too high on love to care.

He felt happier than he had in days, weeks even. He thanked his lucky stars that despite all the damage he had caused it turned out well in the end and he was making up for it to both himself and Minho slowly. The only problem he had left was that of his blond best friend. But right now he didn’t really care if Kibum would continue to hate him or not, because he had really done everything he could to help him and in the end it destroyed more than it managed to create.

And he was done damaging and he was done destroying. He was so done with hurting himself and Minho and lying and ignoring things that were so painfully obvious. And if Kibum couldn’t understand that, he would have to be done with him too.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Heeeeey, sooooo... I tried to make things fluffy to make up for all the chapters without onho fluff filled with angst but I'm not very good at fluff... I think... anyway! Hehe, they love each other so much! xD And I guess you can tell by now who Kibum's gonna end up with! I kinda just decided that two days ago, so it's new for me too! xP

And like always, I have not proofread this at all so I'm sorry for the mistakes :(

But I hope you liked it!

Love you all!!

Bye~! <3