Chapter 8

Said You Love Me But You Lied

                    Kwon Yuri glanced at the only person in the room. She had light brown hair that seemed to be so smooth and flawless. She wore a light brown dress and white doll shoes that gave her an elegant princess-like look. Yuri could not help but admire her. 
                    As she walked silently toward the chairs and interconnected tables, the girl noticed her and immediately stood up, smiled, and greeted her. "Good Morning." she said. She had eyes which she hadn't seen before, and her smile looked very sincere. She felt warmth at the stranger's greetings. Yuri gave back a friendly aura, smiled and took a seat beside her. 
                "I'm Im Yoona." the girl started and gestured a hand shake with her. "I'm Kwon Yuri." she replied back, and shook hands with her. She then picked the seat next to Yoona and sat. From that moment on, she decided that the girl in front of her would be her friend.
                After a few minutes, the room was filled with models coming from different companies. Yoona and Yuri socialized with them so that they won't be branded as loners or snobs. "I'm Choi Sooyoung or you can call me Summer, from Canada's Greta Constantine Fashion Label. " a girl who had gorgeous large wavy curls smiled beautifully as she shook hands with Yoona. Yoona introduced herself back and they chatted for a while about basic things. More people filled the room, and Yoona felt a little pressured. "Excuse me for a bit Summer, I think I need to use the restroom." Yoona told her politely and headed out the door. 
                  Once she was out, she looked for the restroom. In the restroom, she took out her handkerchief and wiped away the beads of sweat that had formed on her face carefully. She  fixed her hair and breathed deeply to calm herself. Then she walked out and headed back. 
                   While she was heading back, a familiar voice called out. "Miss!" Her heart began to pound as she turned to the owner of the voice. Her breath became shallower, knowing that she knew who's voice it was. Sweat began to form once again on her face. Though she suddenly felt nervous, she tried to be calm. "You dropped this." The guy told her as he handed out her white handkerchief. Same ruffled and messy hair. y eyes that were deeply black. Thick brows that defined his musculinity. Lips as pink as a newly bloomed rose. Yoona recognized it all. "Oh, thank you." She acted out. 
                 The guy, Kim Jongin, looked at her more closely. He squinted his eyes in observation while Yoona felt uneasiness and anxiety, fearing that this man whom she knew before would recognize her. Though there was a big percentage chance that Kai would recognize him since she was now a famous model, she still prayed for it. "Have we met before?" Kai asked her. "Huh? Really? I don't think so." Yoona pretended. She was also an actress after all. Kai just nodded. "Oh sorry, I've mistaken you for that famous artist, Krystal Jung." Kai explained. Yoona held her breath and her body tensed. How could he not remember her? Even though Yoona had wished that he won't recall her, there was a part of her that felt sad when it happened. 
                "Oh sorry I need to get going. The meeting may have started." Yoona said as she remembered her purpose. "I'm Kim Jongin by the way. Nice to meet you?" He asked. "Roxanne. Nice to meet you too, Jongin." she replied, knowing how to hide her name. "See you around then, I need to look for my friends." Kai said as he got going. Yoona went away too, holding her handkerchief tightly. She survived. But somehow, she felt melancholic. She didn't expect all of this.

                 Yoona went back to her seat. Everyone in the room had fallen silent as they waited for the few participants left to come and the managing director to take over. That's when the door opened once more and 5 participants came in. Yoona's heart stopped. One of them was Kai. And another was the guy she met at the cake shop last time. Then there was another guy whom she didn't have a clue about, and two girls who were obviously with them. Yoona never saw this coming. All she thought about was to come here in Seoul, finish this project, and go back to New York. She expected a few meetings with the guy she never wanted to see again, but she never thought about the possibility that Kai was involved in the project. Right now, things had seemingly became difficult and complicated.


                   From the distance, Kim Jongin smiled at her as if to say "Hey, we meet again." But for Yoona, she knew that what he meant was, "You're doomed. Dead doomed."