Chapter 3

Said You Love Me But You Lied

    She stepped out of the plane dizzily. It wasn't the flight, nor the journey that had made her mind fuzzy. Instead, it was the familiar smell, the familiar sight, and the familiar temperature that had made her cringe. The thousands of memories she had once escaped was now in front of her, but she didn't show her weakness. She pretended to be strong.
    She reached for her watch on her right hand. It read 8:34 am, July 18. Knowing that Seoul was 14 hours away from New York, she reset her watch until it then read 10:34 pm, July 18. She took a deep breath, and then headed to the airport's baggage service to get her luggage.
    
    
    He breathed heavily and looked at his wristwatch. It was past 10 pm, and he was at the airport, waiting for someone. Even though it was night time, he wore sunglasses and a big hoodie which covered half of his face. Clearly, it was to cover his identity.  He stood up when he saw the stream of people fresh from the plane, and then set out an eye for a familiar figure. After some groups of people passing by, he finally spotted her, walking towards the exit with a black suitcase.

 


           She slowed down. Surely, the airport was still familiar to her, but somehow, it felt like she was lost. She knew she should just hire a taxi outside and go home, so she headed for the exit. 
           Just before she could go out, a hand caught her wrist and stopped her at her tracks. She felt suddenly nervous, and when she turned to look at who grabbed her, her eyes went blank. Even with all the mysterious get-up, the oversized sunglasses covering his eyes and his extremely large hoodie, she still knew who it was. She immediately put on a poker face when he saw his brother grinning at her.
           "Somebody lost?" he told her, grinning. "I'm not lost." She snapped at him and pushed her big suitcase at him and grinned in return. "You're supposed to hold that right?" Yoona told her little brother. "Ah jongmal. Yes Ma'am." Sehun answered his sister sarcastically. "Good for you to be back though sister." he said with a smile on his face. Yoona felt light all of a sudden. He missed his younger brother too, since they were really close years ago. "Oh, looks like somebody missed me. What are you wearing though?" she little brother. "Miss my ." he smirked. Yoona hit him but not too hard. Then they walked towards the exit. 
          "Seriously what's with that outfit?" Yoona asked Sehun. Sehun just gave her a smirk. "I'm famous now. And I got a lot of fans." He bragged, with his playful smile still on his face. Yoona rolled her eyes. "Right. I guess I forgot you're a trainee now." she answered, emphasizing the word 'trainee.' Just then, a girl in her early teens approached them, with a pink notebook on her pale hands. She looked at the siblings who wore similarly oversized sunglasses. For a moment, silence was in the air. "Ca--Can I get your autograph?" her cute stuttering voice said, and her sparky eyes looked at her. "S--Sure." Yoona said, and then reached for the girl's notebook. She signed it and then when she was about to return it, the girl looked at Sehun. Yoona got her sign language and then handed Sehun a pen and the notebook. 
          When the girl went away, more people came to get their autographs and took selfies with them. Before more would recognize them, they went to the parking lot where Sehun's car was parked. It was a gift given to him by his parents when he turned 18. 
          "No one told me you're gonna come and fetch me." Yoona blurted out, since there was a lot to say. All her brother did was laugh. "Well no one told me you had fans here." It was true. Yoona didn't expect that some people would actually recognize her even if she modelled for New York and not South Korea. Her heart warmed in appreciation. It was amazing, what magic fans could do to their idols to make them smile even when times were really gloomy.
           "I was joking sister. By the way, why did you come back here?" Sehun asked as he started the car and began to drive out of the parking lot. Then everything Yoona had been trying to hide from had suddenly popped out again, and she frowned. Noticing her sister's reaction from the rearview mirror, Sehun tried to come up with another question to change the topic, but failed. Yoona just sighed, and smiled.
           Sehun knew a lot about her sister. Yoona was a precious person in his life. Since they were kids, it was always Yoona who had been his bestfriend. When their parents weren't there beside them when they needed them, they had each other. When he was sick, she'd be the one to take care of him, feed him, and see to it that he recovers fully. She was very kind to him even if he was naughty and played pranks on his sister. 
           Sehun knew about her sister's dream. She was always ambitious about being an actress, a dancer, and a singer. When they were young, Yoona would go home late after just because of extending dance practices. Sehun admired her perseverance, and believed that one day, she'd be a famous singer, dancer, or maybe an actress. And right now, her sister is a famous model, and he's proud of her.
            But most of all, Sehun knew about Yoona's past that she's trying to bury and never ever reminisce again. It was about her tragic experience in love. Those days, he had watched her sister suffer; cry late at night and wake up with red puffy eyes, sit blankly at the dining room, barely touching her food, and most of all, he watched her fall into pieces. It made Sehun very angry that he even picked up a fight with Kai. In the end, Yoona decided that she's tired of everything. He did not oppose when Yoona said she'd go to New York, because he knew that it would be better for her, or she might have an emotional breakdown if she stayed in Korea. Right now, he just pursed his lips and acted like he never said a word so that it would make her sister comfortable enough.
            Surprisingly though, Yoona told him about why she was back in Seoul. At the end of her statement, she told him, "Don't worry, Kai won't be in my way anymore."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! :)

I'd really appreciate it if you'd comment your feedback, be it positive or negative.

Thank you :)