Chapter 7

Said You Love Me But You Lied

                  The time had arrived. The official opening of the Glitter Magazine Workshop would be today.
    Kwon Yuri, a girl at the age of 19 woke up early in the morning for her yoga workout. "Today is the day. I hope everything will go fine." She told herself. Yuri came       from Japan, and was also, as with the other models, a candidate for the prestigous Glitter Magazine. 
                  Back in her high school days, she was popular for her talent in dancing, though she was scolded a lot because it mostly took her 3 days to master a choreography. Aside from her talent in dancing, she also knows how to sing and rap, which complements her fierce beauty.
                  Her life was once a bed roses. Her grades were good, even if they were not the top grades in her class. Her Mother is a lawyer, and her Father was a businessman. Her skills in sports, dancing, and singing were great. She had social skills, and she got her mother's astounding beauty and cheerful personality. Everything was perfect before one fateful day, before her father's death.
                  She took a shower, prepared, and then prepared some Jasmine tea and a bowl of cereals. She was always so careful about what she eats. It was one of the rules that a model had to know, and now, it seemed more like it was her habit than a rule that she just had to follow.
    After her breakfast, she put on her jacket, sent an e-mail to her Mother to say good morning, and then proceeded to her destination.

 

 


                     It was a cold morning. Yoona studied the renovations from outside the car's window. Indeed, time changed a lot of things. She never thought that she'd actually miss the neighborhood were she grew up. Taller buildings stood now instead of the humble structures that had once before met her gaze. People were busy just like before. The street was filled with rushing men and women, looking at their watches, getting on taxies, taking a walk, and wandering everywhere. It was an organized system of chaos. Indeed, it was the time that technology had risen.
                      "Hey!" Sehun snapped his fingers in front of her sister's face. Yoona, caught by surprise from too much thinking, faced him with an innocent question mark all over her face. "What?" She said in a tone to suggest that she was annoyed. "Cut out that daydreaming sister. You're not a baby anymore. We're here." His brother responded jokingly. Yoona raised an eyebrow. She looked at the gigantic glassy building that stood before her eyes. "What are you talking about. I wasn't daydreaming. You should take your pills more often little brother, you're seeing things." She whispered to Sehun's ear before grabbing her purse and then opened the door. Then she shut the door really quick before his brother could snap back at her.
                      "Bon Voyage." Yoona smirked as she stared at the tinted glass window, knowing that her brother was watching her in annoyance that she had won. Before Sehun could lower his window, Yoona turned away and headed towards the building that she had come for in the very fist place.

    

 

                       Im Yoona approached the receptionist with calm nerves. "Excuse me." She told her. The female receptionist put down her pen and turned her attention to the woman who had just spoken. "I'm Yoona, participant of the Glitter workshop. Where shall I proceed?" she asked directly. The woman eyed the younger female. She indeed was a model judging from her body structure and the way she dressed. She was prim and proper in a good way, and she had the charm to turn all eyes on her. But more than anything else, the receptionist admired her confidence that she wasn't in the wrong building, or that she really deserved to be here, and her way of saying things weren't demanding at all.
                       She rang the waiting bell, and in an instant, a woman dressed in formal attire appeared by her side. "Please follow Ms Kang and you shall be lead towards the room where your needs shall be accomodated. Thank you." She informed the model and offered a friendly smile. Yoona smiled back.
                      She was led into a big room filled with nothing but large semi-circle structure that had chairs with them. The ceiling was high, and facing the inward part of the semi-circle was a short table and a chair. It was like a judiciary court where lawyers, the suspect, the victim, and the judge talked. There was a huge screen at the front, and the corners of the room were designed with tall dark green plants that added serenity to the rather calming hall that she was in.
                      "Please wait here while the others haven't arived yet." Ms Kang, the guide, told her. "Please take any of seat you like and make yourself comfortable." She said as she closed the door and went away, leaving Yoona the only one in the room. She judged the joint semi-circle tables and then wondered where she should sit. "Sitting in the center would be not good for it would catch much attention." She reminded herself, and then picked a seat at the right side of the half-cicle. 


    36 chairs. There were only 36 chairs on the semi-circle structure. It means 36 competitors. She is one. 35 rivals. 35 enemies.