Chapter 1

Said You Love Me But You Lied

She sat on one of the lodge's canteen's tables, exhausted, wiping off the sweatbeads that had formed on her forehead. The staff had gone to eat in one of the beach's restaurants, including the director and the manager, but the model stayed and decided to rest in their lodge. The sea wind howled and blew off her hair, revealing a sad woman's face. It was obvious that there was something wrong, it was as if a deep scar that was about to heal had opened up again, blood flowing from it's wake. 


    "Miss, would you like some refreshment?" a concerned man who happened to be on the same lodge's canteed asked her, but she stayed still, not bothered by the worried man.  As if coming back to her senses, she quickly shook her head and smiled at the man. He put a can of Pepsi on her  table. Startled by his action, Yoona looked at him. To her surprise, he was not American, maybe a tourist just from where she came from. She froze as she looked at the man. He had a handsome build, deep dark eyes and ruffled black hair. It reminded her of someone she'd never like to meet again. Ever. "You'll feel better after drinking this." He said as he stuffed his earplugs in his ears and walked away with a smile, leaving the model still and her rumbling thoughts.


    He's just like him. That wide smile of his. His messy hair, his dark eyes, the way he walks, the way he puts on his earplugs. The way he walks away after being kind to somebody. It's so him....


    Yoona shook away her thoughts. All it was giving her was a racing heart and heartbeats as loud as drums being struck. And the more her heart accelerated, the more she can't breath, the more the memories from her past comes back to life. And the more her heart bleeds.


    The staff had come back, and while the others were preparing the cameras and the place where they'd do the photoshoot, the director came and sat with Yoona, noticing that something had caused a ruckus in the pretty model's mind. "Everything going smooth?" he asked as Yoona stared at her with blank eyes. The Director had been a good friend to her since the first time she entered the modelling company. Though he's only 27 years old, he's managed to be a great director. He was even one of the first persons to offer her companionship before she got used to the company's environment. "Yeah. I'm okay Francis." Yoona said, slightly smiling, trying to hide the sadness she was feeling. "You know, I'm a hundred and one percent sure that you're not okay." he said.


    Yoona froze.
    I'm a hundred and one percent sure that you're not okay. Those words.... I've heard it a thousand times before but....
    "Hey. Are you okay?" Director Francis asked again. He knew that Yoona is sad, but he didn't expect her to be this distracted by whatever had caused her feelings to go down. As if realizing reality, Yoona smiled and looked at him. "Of course I'm fine." she said, in a tone that suggests that she was really okay. But she wasn't.


    Shoot. Now everything in here reminds me of him. I can't let him distract me. I know I've left all his memories behind, I've escaped them, but maybe my fate will always collide with his. I can't let all of these disturb me and my precious work, not after I've gone this far.


    "Shall we go now?" Yoona said as she stood up. She couldn't let him be her weakness again. No. Director Francis looked at her in surprise. The girl who was so down just a second ago had managed to get all her energy back and is now eager to finish the photoshoot. He was about to say something when no words came out of his mouth, so he just nodded, and they left.

 

<<3 hours ago>>
    It had been almost 2 years since Im Yoona worked in the New York's Maybeline agency. In that short period of time, she had become a succesful model, and even one of the best models in the company. She had outshined lots of models who had been in the agency long before she came. Aside from jealous stares from some models, all had been well, and even the CEO, Directors, and staff, had taken a liking for her. Life was so good to her, and now it is about to become much more better, though everything has a price.


    Yoona stepped into the office of the company's CEO, where she found Jack Pierre wearing a big smile on his face. Yoona smile in return and walked in. "Take a seat Yoona." Jack said in a clear voice, happiness clear in his face. 


    Since the time Yoona had presented an application form in the agency, the CEO had always kept an eye on her. He knew how much she had tried her be a good model. She attended every workshop and seminar that they had recomended her even if the way she modeled was always so much more better than she knows. He had taken note that she was humble enough to accept that she's not a perfect model, and that she is willing to learn from others. He had always admired her, but not in a lover's way, but more like a mentor's way of loving his best student.


    She took a seat and wondered what the CEO was going to say to her. Maybe another workshop, another seminar, or maybe a new project, but either one of these would be good for Yoona. "As you know, in your 2 years here in the agency, you've gained a lot of popularity and you have greatly helped make us one of the running best modelling agency not only here in America but also in some parts of Asia, since it is where you came from. I congratulate you for that." Jack said, speaking with careful words. Yoona smiled back at the CEO, thankful for the appreciative words. Jack took a deep breath and continued. "Let me get this straight. I'm sure you've heard of the Glitter Magazine, and I know that as a model, you know more of it better than a regular person. It's a very popular Worldwide magazine which advertises the best lifestyle gadgets and a lot of things which are products of our new technology and these are advertised by the best models in the world."


    Yoona sat and stared at Jack in confusion. Of course she knew the Glitter Magazine. She knew about it just as any model. It was an annual magazine, advertising the best products of the year, from the tastiest foods, best gadgets, clothes, shoes, and furniture, to the best hotels and restaurants. Everything that had to be acknowledged by the world was in there, like the World's Guiness Records, only that it  was way much better. But what does it have to do with her? "As one of the top modelling companies, we were selected to provide our best models and send them to one of Glitter's training agency where they will stay for about 3 months. In that span of time, the models' skills will be evaluated, every weakness that they will find in them shall be corrected. They will learn to use their streangths to the maximum. And after 3 months, they'd take the best models to advertise for Glitter. You, Im Yoona, was selected along with 3 other models in this agency. Congratulations." Jack said, reaching a hand to her, and handing her an envelope of papers.


    Everything was still registering to Yoona's mind. She never imagined that she'd go this far. From a heartbroken teen to a global model? How could that be? But everything was so real, that no matter how many times she blinked, everything did not go back to what she expected it to be. Still in shock, she couldn't speak, but she managed to move her hand and shake hands with Jake. 
    "Those are all the information you'll need. By the way, you'll be heading to your destination right away after 2 days. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to attend." Jack said, checking his watch. Yoona still sat on the office chair, left alone after the CEO had just gone away. Nothing was going through her mind, and she just don't know what to do. But whatever it was, she was sure that everything she had worked hard for has now bore fruit.


    She couldn't imagine how good life was to her. In only two years, she's actually having the chance to be a woldclass model? Everything was so unrealistic for her. Every nerve in her body had gone numb, and she just sat there, with nothing but a blank mind. The envelope she was holding slipped out of her hand and dropped on the floor, bringing her back to believe that everything is real. The envelope had opened and the papers were now slightly peeking out. Yoona quickly picked them up and slowly stuffed them to envelope as she stood up. 
    She saw some words in the paper as she put them back on the envelope, but then, with only 4 words she had seen, she quickly lost control and the envelope landed on the tiled floor again with a loud thud. 


    DESTINATION: SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA


    She wasn't right. Life was good to her, until now. But now, it's taking back all the blessings it had given her.