Chapter 6

Said You Love Me But You Lied

            Kim Jun Myeon, a man who had been bestowed with great responsibility at a young age sat on his office chair, looking beyond the relaxing view of the green mountains that surrounded the city. He never thought that one of the biggest annual events would actually be held at their place. Thinking of it, their campus is big and luxurious, but maybe it would be impossible to host such an event.


           But he was a man of glory, and he always made ways. In his management over the company, not even one time did he fail to make things succeed. He turned his chair around and faced the table where envelopes and folders of papers were piled. 


           He'd been going over the rules and principles, but he had not yet showed interest on going over the participants of the "game." He open an envelope in which the papers were divided into categories by company. Each paper contained a photo and biological information of the model. 
          While going over the information about the participants, he noticed one main thing common, which was the cause of the year's theme. They all possessed good-looks, beauty and charm. Some possessed obvious grace and talent, some were very photogenic, some had their impressions on Kim Jun Myeon. As he continued, two models familiar to him caught his attention. He remembered them clearly for they were in the same classes with them during their highschool.


          A smile formed in his lips as he put in mind that the two would surely be severely affected by their encounter. New ideas came into his mind, and he put Im Yoona and Kim Jongin's names on a piece of paper in order to keep note. 

 

 


              It was Saturday morning and Yoona stood inside a cake shop, deciding what she should get. It was only 6 am and right after taking a jog, she decided to get herself some treat so she went into a 24-hour mall. Her hair was in a ponytail, and though the sun was not yet out, she wore big sunglasses and a military cap. She wore her gym shorts and a comfortable shirt. 


           Deciding that the chance for people recognizing her was small, she removed her glasses and looked at the delicacies carefully. In the end, she ordered bluberry cheesecakes and a red velvet cake. She sat down in one of the chairs as she waited.


            People quickly filled the shop and Yoona put her big sunglasses back on and just focused on the music that filled her ears from her iPhone. She took her time and kept in mind that it was rather peaceful to be in public areas without being recognized. 
           A hand touched her back and brought her back to reality. She saw a handsome brown-haired guy say something to her but she couldn't hear it. She removed her headphones quickly to listen. "Can I sit here?" he asked politely, and pointed to the chair on the opposite of Yoona's table. "Sure." Yoona replied. She fixed her headphones neatly and put them on the table knowing that it would be rude if she just disregarded the stranger in front of her. "Sorry for bothering you. It's just that the orders are taking a while and the shop's full." He apoogized. His voice was deep, and Yoona felt sincerity in it. "No problem." She just said. She knew nothing to say but those simple words.


         "I'm Luhan by the way. Xi Luhan." The good-looking guy told her, and handed out his hand for a shake. Yoona froze. She didn't know how to introduce herself, she didn't know if she should state her true name or just create a fake one. She shook hands with him nonetheless, and before she could opose, the words came out of . "You can call me Roxanne." It was what her nickname in their industry in New York, and right now, by stating a name which felt safe, she felt no worries.


         "Roxanne..." Luhan repeated. Yoona carefully studied his face. It was as if he was amused and doubtful at the same time. He had dark brows that had perfect contrast with his fair skin and his hair was styled upwards which really suited him. At the same time, Luhan tried to decipher what the beautiful lady in front of him was hiding in her sunglasses. "Nice name. One of your parents American?" he asked. Though she was wearing sunglasses, it was as if Luhan could see directly through the dark lenses and look at her eyes. It made Yoona cringe. "Uh, no. It's my English name." she answered back. As if impressed by her answer, Luhan smirked. "Are you Chinese?" Yoona asked back, since she noticed the different surname. "Oh you're smart." Luhan smiled. "Not really." She smiled.


          "So what brings you here in Seoul?" Yoona asked Luhan, figuring out that a little conversation wouldn't hurt. "Oh, I was an exchange student , and also I've got some personal business in here." He responded diligently. "Personal huh?" Yoona repeated curiously. 
           A waitress approached their table and gave Yoona her order. Yoona stood up in motion that she was going. "I guess I should say goodmorning, Mr Xi Luhan." Yoona said cheerily as she took hold of the boxes of delicacy. "Goodnorning, Roxanne. I'll see you again soon." Luhan replied with an unconscious grin.


           As Yoona walked away, she smiled at what the stranger she just met said. "See again huh? I don't think we'll meet each other again Mr Xi Luhan." she whispered to herself.