Torn

Fates Way

           2 years  later~

Chloe's POV: "Oh, so that's how you do that?" I blurted out, throwing my hands up in the air. I was sitting at a round brown table, and I leaned back in the smooth brown chair and sighed with relief. "Yeah. Do you get it now?" Tae Jun asked from beside me. I nodded and looked down at my huge math book. I was struggling to  figure out this hard math problem. I gentle set down my small pencil that barely had a eraser that was beginning to go short. I groaned and let my head smack on the table, and I felt like my brain would fall out. Tae Jun smiled and layed his head down as well looking back at me. His long black bangs fell in his pale face, and his light blue eyes gleamed brightly at me. It's been a year since the 'thing' happened with Ha Min. I have been going to school with the others, and I'm glad that everything has gotten better. I've been trying my hardest to looking to the brighest things of everything. "The others should be getting back soon." He said before stretching his arms over his head making his back crack loudly. I winced making him smile and look at me. I stood up slowly and squealed as he grabbed my waist. I squealed and spun around quickly, making us both stumble and fall clumsily on the tan carpet. I leaned over him and pinned both of his hands down on the ground. He looked up at me, his eyes filled with passion. "You think you can defeat me?" I asked looking down at him with a smirk. He nodded carelessly. "Yes." He said in a slightly seductive voice. I blushed slightly as he looked me in the eyes teasingly. He's so freaking hot.

                 "Well, don't underestimate me..." I growled, my long black hair brushing his face. I jumped as the door swung open, and voices drifted in through the huge house. "Oh...Are we interrupting?" Reita said, freezing in spot with one foot off the ground. I rolled my eyes and got off of Tae Jun. "My innocent eyes..." Ru squeaked before covering them quickly and walking past us blindly. Dad walked foreword and shook his head, a cigarrette perched between his bright pink lips. "You both know better. Hormones under control." He snapped, pointing at both of us and squinting as smoke drifted into his eyes. Tae Jun glanced at me and we both gave shaky laughs. "Yes sir." He said before dipping his head. Miku skipped up with Key by her side. Those guys have been together about a year now, and their almost inseperatable. "Ew...It's Key." I mumbled scrunching up my face in pure disgust. Key flipped his dark black bangs that swooped in his eyes. "What ever, don't hate." He said sassily before strutting off with Miku beside him. "So, how's school going?" Dad asked as we all wondered into the huge living room. "Good." We all mumbled exhaustedly at the same time. I lifted my legs up and tucked them underneath me as I scooted closer to Tae Jun. "You do know what's coming up right?" Miku said bolting straight up. We all looked over and the boys groaned loudly, making them all avoid eye contact. "The dance." I said with a huge smile. "I don't want to go to some lame dance...Wear some lame tux...And have to dance lamely." Reita rambled on flatly looking at us all. 

               I rolled my eyes and didn't know what else to think. "When is this...This dance?" The dad asked steadily taking a sip of his steaming coffee. "Tonight actually." I said glancing over at Tae Jun. He looked slightly nervous, and slight doubt clouded his pale face. "Ok. Well, you all better be getting ready." He said before standing up steadily. Miku automatically leaped to her feet and reached out for my hand. "Come on, let's go." She said before grabbing my wrist and tugging after her clumsily. We already chose our dresses a couple days ahead, we both were super excited. The others blinked and looked after us. We both ran upstairestaires making our footsteps echo around us. We both dashed down the narrow hallway to her bedroom. She pushed open her door with a powerful shove. Her room was the messiest in the house, with clothes flung everywhere and her bed all disformed. I jumped, dodged and stumbled to avoid her obstacles. She pressed on my shoulders, making me sit down. "I'm going to give you a make over." She said clapping her hands together. I could barely open my mouth before she ran into her bathroom, her voice drifting away from me. I zoned out and looked around slowly as I slipped into my black glittery dress she sat on her bed. I slowly pulled out my necklace and looked down at it. My cross necklace...The same old sad feeling made my heart ache, and I gulped. I pulled my hair to the side and put it on carefully. Miku shuffled towards me, letting out soft gasps as she stumbled over her piles of clothes. "Let's begin." 

                     "You look so beautiful..." She said after she finished plastering my face with they heavy make-up. I frowned and struggled not to let the tears stream from my eyes. "Thanks.." I said slowly, getting to my feet. I stumbled unsteadily, but quickly regained my balance. I looked down at my black high heals that seemed to be laughing at my clumsiness. Miku was leaning in towards her smudged bathroom mirror, her reflection slightly smeared. "How do I look?" She said her long brown hair behind her ear. I smiled at her in awe. She was wearing a bright pink strapless dress that flowed down perfectly. "You look gorgeous." I said before resting my hands on her shoulders. "Chloe! Some people are here for you!" Luhan shouted loudly from downstaires. I looked over my shoulder towards the barely cracked door. "Coming!" I shouted loudly making Miku cover her ears. I blew her a air kiss over my shoulder before steadily walking downstaires, clinging onto the wooden railing. I made my way in the living room, hearing soft gasp. "Chloe, you look so beautiful!" Ru gasped before going over to me. He was looking at me wide eyed, his mouth hanging open slightly. I blushed and looked down. Tae Jun smiled and looked at me, before gentle pressing his soft lips against mine. The boys were already dressed as well, complaining about their itchy tuxes. "You look hot." He whispered in my ear. I blushed and smiled. "She looks stunning, doesn't she?" A ladies voice said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and gasped loudly. "M-Mom?" I said.

                    Miku's POV: "M-Mother?" I stammered, going wide eyed. Everybody gave Chloe space as she looked at them. Her mother looked so much like her, and her long black hair fell to the middle of her back, and she had piercing blue eyes like Chloe. Her father had short black hair was white streaks through it with slight muscle. Her mother pulled Chloe into her arms, hugging her tightly. Chloe didn't hug her back, she just stared blankly ahead. "We missed you so much." Her mother said, her voice cracking. "Chloe doesn't seem to thrilled with them being here." Reita whispered to Tae Jun. Chloe pulled away and didn't make eye contact. "I..I missed you to." She said even though her expression was hard and expressionless. Tae Jun gentle pulled her to the side with a respectful dip of his head towards her parents. "What's going on?" He asked softly. We all crowded around her curiously, and she sighed. "They..I haven't seen them since I was younger. They abandoned me." She said slowly looking up at everyone. I looked at her in pure sympathy. Chloe has came a long way since then. She has lost people, had her heart shattered...Been abandoned. "Why didn't you tell us?" Ru asked holding her other hand, looking at her worriedly. She sniffled and straightened up. "You need to forgive people for their mistakes." She said before looking directly at me. Everybody glared heavily at the parents and didn't say anything else. "I swear...If they try anything." Tae Jun said squeezing her hand. She smiled and gentle touched his face. "It's ok, I promise." 

                         "Chloe, we actually needed to talk to you." Her father spoke up as we all reapproached them. Chloe gulped and gave a slow nod. "Ok." She said before glancing back at us. Her eyes met mine, and she looked at me pleadingly. "May I come to?" I asked softly, taking a step foreword. They both looked back at, not making any noticable expression. I hope I didn't sound to desperate. "Sure, you might want to hear this to." Her mother said glancing at the father who looked concerned. I felt our new families eyes burning into my back as we walked outside. I breathed in deeply, liking the fresh air besides the tension filled one. The birds chirped faintly, and the bright sunlight shined brightly as if it was dancing around us. Chloe leaned against the porch railing and looked at them both. "We are really sorry about the past...And we ask for your forgiveness." Her mother began, playing with her white and stained dress. Chloe smiled and gave a small nod. The dad looked at her and took a step foreword. "We have been visited by many people that has asked about you. And we have slight news." He said gentle touching her pale face. She took a step away in wide eyed alarm. I quickly stood beside her, making her hold my hand tightly. "What news, father?" She asked, her voice quavering. "You are scheduled for a arranged marriage." He said after a long pause. I gasped loudly, and I felt the whole world go mute around me. "W-What?" Chloe choked out, before blinking at them. They both stood closer together, the dad holding the moms hand. 

                       "You weren't even going to ask me, where you?" Chloe snapped before glaring at them. They looked at her and sympathy flowed over their faces. "We need to do this. It's been planned out for you." The mother objected, reaching her hand out to her. Chloe held back a sob, and pulled away. "I can't believe you just decided to drop this on me. You won't let me make my own decisions... I already love somebody." She said blinking away her tears. Her parents didn't say anything else as she stomped back inside, slamming the door behind her. I dipped my head and followed her quickly, struggling not to fall. Chloe was sobbing on the white couch, her hands over her eyes. Tae Jun sat beside her, and he rested his hands on her shoulder. "T-Tae Jun..." She sobbed before looking at him, pain and sadness written all over her face. She hugged him tightly, clinging to him. Everbody slowly approached them, and Tae Jun looked at me with pure shock and fear across his face. "Her parents set her up with a arranged marriage." I explained softly, facing the others. They looked at me wide eyed. "No way.." JongJin breathed, glancing over me at them. "They can't do that, right? Techniqually, Dad's her legal guardian." Reit objected. We all glanced at each other and shrugged. "Do we know who she's supposed to marry?" Ru asked slowly crossing his arms. I looked down in defeat and bit my bottom lip and shook my head slowly. Tae Jun was trying his hardest to comfort and she finally pulled away and pressed her lips against his. "I...Love you." 

                    He smiled slowly and her hair back over her ear. "I love you to. It's going to be ok." He said softly. We all looked over as her parents walked in the door again. "It's almost time for you all to head out. How about we drop you guys off?" Chloe's father offered with a small and sweet smile. We all exchanged looks. "Thanks, dad." Chloe said softly before standing up and walking out, not saying anything else to us. "I'll have them back later on." The mother said smiling at the manager. He stood up and tugged on his bath robe. "Um... Yes, thank you." He said before narrowing his eyes slightly in jealousy. We all walked out, and I glanced at Tae Jun. "Will she be ok?" I asked softly. He shrugged and looked down at his fancy shoes in deep worry. "Hopefully." He said with a sigh before quickening his pace. We all looked at the small black jeep that barely seemed like it could fit all of us. We all strugged to climb in, stepping on one another by accident and squishing together. "Sorry for the tight squeeze." The dad said before buckling up in the drivers seat. Chloe was already sitting on Tae Jun's lap, while I sat on Key's. "Ru, get off." Reita said flatly making me look over. Ru was happily sitting on Reita's lap who wiggled beneath him. "Why? So there's more room for everybody." He objected looking over his shoulder at him. Chloe slightly giggled, making everbody give Ru a secretive thumbs- up. We all shuffled and wiggled as we backed out of the gravel drive way. I looked out the window as we sped down the empty road, mixed emotions inside me.

                        Luhan's POV: "Wow, look at all of the couples..." Tomo mumbled from beside me as he hopped out of the small jeep after me. Reita shoved Ru violently who leaned back with a michevious grin on his face. "Will you get off of me?" Reita growled struggling to look over his shoulder. "What's the magic word?" Ru said glancing over his shoulder. Chloe shakily climbed out with Tae Jun holding her hand. I looked at her and smiled slowly, her beauty stunning me. She looks incredible. Sometimes...I wish I could be the lucky one and be holding her hand. I shook my head and walked beside the other as we walked towards the huge brown highschool building. "I'm so nervous." Miku whispered to Key who looked super confident. "Come here, this is the single group." Tomo said from behind me. I jumped as he pulled me behind him as well. "Seriously?" I said before fixing my tux. "Reita, Will you be my date?" Ru asked clinging onto his arm like all of the other girls were doing. Reita snickerd and pulled away, flipping his blonde bangs. "Funny. Sorry, I am interested in Tomo." He said before glancing over at him. Ru's puppy dog eyes gleamed in the sunset and he pretended to cry heavily. "Fine. I don't need you, I have Luhan." He said hanging his head down. I raised a eyebrow as he clung onto my arm. I rolled my eyes and followed the others inside the huge building. Music drifted in towards us, muting everyone else words. I struggled to avoid knocking into people as well all strugged to squeeze by. The gym was all decked out, streamers hanging on the walls, strobe lights and even a disco ball hung from the ceiling. "This is sweet." Tomo said loudly over the music. I nodded in agreement and struggled to find Chloe.

                       Everyone cheered as music started playing, and people danced crazily. All of us huddled together and danced widely, bouncing and jumping like we didn't care at all. I bobbed my head to the music, enjoying the music. I haven't been this happy in a long time. Everyone was laughing and smiling as well, and Chloe was smiling the biggest. Everybody calmed down as the music slowed down, and all the couples huddled together. "Let's dance." Ru said before grabbing my hand. I rolled my eyes and rested my hands on his shoulders and struggled to keep a straight face as I looked down at him. I glanced over to see Chloe and Tae Jun holding each other closely. "They sure are happy together..." Ru mumbled, slight sadness in his eyes. Everyone knows that Ru has loved her since the day he saw her. I honestly kind of feel bad for him. "Yeah, their finally together." I said with a sigh. The lights danced across our faces, and I struggled to not get a migrane. "Hey, look." Reita said nudging my arm. Something about the seriousness in his voice made me glance over. I squinted as the colors circled around the dark room, giving little light. Joey! He was standing against the wall by himself this time. He looked around in disguist, and shook his head. "Should we tell them?" Tomo asked glancing at them worriedly. He hasn't done anything yet...So, let's give them some space. "Let them have their moment." Retia said before I could. We all nodded and headed towards the red double doors. Outside, a few people stood there, being bored and lonely. Wow.

                    "What are you two doing out here?" A voice said from behind us. I turned and around and felt my eyes stretch wide. "H-Ha Min?" I gasped, my heart stopping in my chest. He was standing behind us casually, his hands in his leather jacket pockets. He looked way better, and a small smile spread across his lips. I flung myself foreword and hugged him tightly. He laughed as we all hugged him tightly, telling him how much we missed him. He hugged us all tighter, and I glanced over and could see him fighting back tears. Ru seemed to be very overwhelmed, covering his face with his arms, his tears gleaming in the moonlight. "I-I thought you wouldn't wake up...." He sobbed, before looking at Ha Min. Ha Min smiled and gentle nudged his shoulder. "Were brothers right. Brothers stick together, right?" He asked before looking at us. We all nodded and he beckoned all of us to follow him inside once more. He hesitated, making me bump into him slightly. He was looking at her as she laughed and smiled hugely as she danced with Tae Jun. He clenched his fist and looked down. I looked up as there was another song beginning to start up. He looked up and looked directly at her. He stood behind her, and I egded my way closer. "Can I have this dance?" He asked softly, reaching his hand. Tae Jun went wide eyed, and Chloe slowly turned around. She gasped, and automatically both hands covered . She lunged towards his arms, hugging him tightly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ayN39xmsI Song they slow dance to.) I smiled. 

                   Chloe closed her eyes and held Ha Min tighter, and closed her eyes. Tae Jun slowly made his way towards us, not saying anything else. "It's good to see him again." He said softly. He didn't look mad, he just simply smiled. Once the song was over, Chloe looked at him. Her expression was filled with so much emotion, as if her whole life just froze. He smiled down at her, gentle letting her go. They both walked over and he gave a gentle laugh. "I at dancing." He said before flipping his bangs. "Well...Dancing with my fiance?" A chilling voice said from behind us. We all spun around to see Joey standing in front of us. He bit his bottom lip and tilted his head to the side. Fiance? "Go away." Chloe growled angerily. Ha Min was already breathing heavily, anger written across his face. "Ah, you all don't know, do you?" He asked before laughing. Chloe kept her glare on her face evn though she blinked in confusion. "I'm the boy your parents set you up with." He said with a snicker. Everbody gasped, and Chloe looked down, tears in her blue eyes. "Marriage? Fiance?" Ha Min asked, looking at me. I mouthed ' I'll tell you later'. Tae Jun glared heavily, and took a step towards him. "No your not." He said slowly. Joey laughed loudy, and I struggled to keep my cool. Everybody stopped what they were doing, and all eyes were on us. "Yeah I am. It's a arranged marriage." He growled. Tae Jun ignored him and gulped. I went wide eyed as he slowly got down on one day. People gasped from around us. "T-Tae Jun?" Chloe stammered, her eyes wide. 

                     Chloe's POV: He smiled up at me, and pulled a dark blue box and opened it up slowly. I felt my breathing stop and I gasped for air. Girls screamed in awe from behind me. "Will you marry me?" He asked, his voice sincere. I looked at the others and couldn't hide my smile. I stopped as I felt my eyes rest on Ha Min. He stood there rigidly, his bangs covering his right eye. He blinked rapidly, and as he made eye contact, he smiled forcefully. "Yes." I said without thinking. Joey snickered and just stomped off. Tae Jun leaped up and hugged me tightly, swinging me around. I smiled hugely, feeling tears of joy threaten to flood my eyes. He pressed his lips against mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I love him...So much. Everybodies cheers seemed to fade from behind me and I wished I could stay that way with Tae Jun for ever. I pulled away and smiled at him, looking into his perfect blue eyes. He slowly put the finger on my hand, making me feel like I swallowed butterflies. "I need some air.." I said after a long pause. I walked outside slowly, to were the music and people cheering faded from behind me. I took a deep breath and leaned against the brick wall. Breathe Chloe, breathe. I closed my eyes and I opened them to see Ha Min standing in front of me. He had his head hanging down, and he didn't look up at me. "Congratulations." He whispered. I stared at him and felt the same old feeling pluck at me. Something about this...It doesn't seem right. "Chloe...You can't marry him." He said after a long pause. I looked at him quickly.

                  "What do you mean?" I asked facing him. He looked at me, meeting my eyes steadily. "It just not right...He won't be the right one for you." He said before looking away. What is he trying to stay? He comes back...And now he's judging me. I clenched my fist and grinnded my teeth together. "So...Your not going to say you don't want us together? You haven't been around to see how we are together. Were perfect." I said slightly defensively. He winced, and I felt slight regret surge through me. "I...I just don't want you to get hurt. He's going to mess up...And everything is going to go down hill." He said looking at me directly in the eyes. I glared and spun around, feeling my anger bubble over. "He's not like...You." I said feeling tears form in my eyes. He gasped softly, and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back towards him. "He didn't do what I did for you...He didn't do anything like that." He said looking at me. I pulled away, breaking away from him. "You know hard it was for me? He didn't because he knew that would crush me." I said leaving us both in dead silence. I closed my eyes and felt tears stream down my face. "You know why I did it?" He asked, glaring at me. Before I could respond, he shoved me against the brick building. He pressed my wrist against the sharp bricks. I struggled to get free, but he leaned in towards me. He gentle touched my face, his eyes filled with tears. "Because I love you. I always have...Seeing you happy...It was like everything was right. I don't want to loose that...I just want you to be mine." He said, his head hanging down.

              "Seeing you with somebody else...That kills me. Chloe, you mean the world to me. If you leave me..." He said, looking me dead in the eyes. "That...Was in the past." I forced myself to stay. He looked at me and pain washed over his face, making more tears stream down his face. He leaned in tighter, and stared at me. "Your telling me you don't love me?" He growled, staring at me. I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came out. "I..Do..So much.."   I finally admited, before feeling tears stream down my face. "I don't know what to do anymore...I thought I was going to loose you." I said, speaking my true fears. All those times waiting for him....I just gave up. He titled my chin up, his face inches away from mine. "Look me in the eyes and say it." He said his voice smoother and softer then honey. "I..Love you." I admitted, feeling my heart pound. He leaned and gentle pressed his soft lips against mine. I felt all of my love and emotions towards him mix in at once. I love him so much... We stayed like that for a while, his arms around me tightly. He finally pulled away and looked down at me. He softly whipped away my tears and rested his forehead against mine. "I love you so much, Chloe. So much that it actually hurts..." He mumbled softly. I hugged him tightly, burying my face in his chest. Ha Min... "W-What about Tae Jun?" I said suddenly, slowly pulling away from him. He looked down. "I don't know...Who you choose in the end...Is up to you." He said gentle letting my hand go. He looked down at me, with so much love in his eyes. I gulped.

                 Miku walked towards me with a huge smile. "Hey, are you ok?" She asked softly, but her voice seemed muted. I looked up at her and shook my head slowly. "Miku...I still love Ha Min." I said softly. She looked at me, her green eyes stretching wide. I gentle touched my lips and closed my eyes for a moment. "What are you going to do?" She asked softly. I shook my head and sighed deeply. I looked up to see my parents pull up slowly in the jeep. They both got out slowly, and I realized that people were walking out as well. I merged with the crowed, observing my feet as I walked. I jumped as somebody grabbed my hand. I looked up to see Tae Jun smiling at me brightly. I smiled weakly back, and looked away. "What's that on your hand?" Mom asked loudly making me snap back to reality. Before I could defend myself, Tae Jun smiled at me. "Were engaged." He said before explaining. I zoned out and looked down at my hand. I'd be permanitally commited to him....I looked up to see my mom and dad smile. "Fine, you may get married as soon as you like." They said holding each other. Tae Jun smiled hugely at me, and held my hand. "Let's get married in two days." He said making me jump. I looked over and glanced at Ha Min. He was looking down at his shoes. I gulped and forced myself to smile. "Ok." I said with a small smile. We all exchanged looks and smiled softly. We all walked towards the car. I looked at Ha Min who followed slowly, not saying anything. What do I do now? I still love him..I just can't choose...I'm torn between.